Reviews for Shame
The-KLF chapter 1 . 1/20
This was fantastic. I really loved it! Amazing story!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
love the idea of the stone in this story
Dudtheman chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
really awsome story thanks for the read )
The Dream Guardian chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
This was just touching and very cute. You did a wonderful job!
Nr.Six chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
Another great story! poor Inara being ashamed like that! Great that Mal came to help her, and what he did with his coat, so sweet!
marjojo02 chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Great job! Loved this fic! Great idea
Geeky13 chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
I love it! Great story!
Miss-Frenchie chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
You could create some story about her always wanting a child. Then write your fic, Mal can give her a child.
Phaedra7 chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Oh I forgot to metion in my other review. Great use of chinese, very true to firely and nicely incorporated with double meanings. Also I love Rumi! Who is s/he where can I find more of her/his stuff!

You have some great lines in here, my favorite is “He was what I took for myself. What we had, it was ours and it took the place of what I left behind.”

Though I'm not a big fan of the damsel in distress scenario, mal sacrificing his coat was tres romantic and the whole story was really well done. My only critique, again, is that I don't think enough attention is paid to guild politics. Sasha's actions are pure jelousy, easy to understand. The reasons underlying the trial are harder to comprehend and deserve some attention. But what the hell do I know, your fic is far better rated than mine.
JadedOne47 chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Oh.. that was fab..

any chance of finding out what the crew thought when they found out?

Good writing...

I love Firefly... (considering i hated the movie til i saw the series...)
xfirefly9x chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
That was very sweet! I love it! D
writtenwordlover chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Wow! This is a beautiful romantic story arc for M/I. I like the idea of her being an orphan. I find it to be a plausible childhood for her. She started her training so young. Like twelve or something? And a solid portrayal of both of them. I like how Mal realizes how little he really "knows" about her and how he slowly starts to connect the dots with what she says and her actual actions. The necklace worked well as her connection to Serenity. And Mal swipping it from the fire and sacrificing his coat. love love that!
Dina C chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
So many other Mal/Inara fans have wondered how it would come about if Inara were to give up being a Companion. But YOU have explored this idea with such originality, thoroughness, and a great plot. Amazing! Really liked the little snippet of backstory about the bao shen firebird...and then it all came full circle when Mal figured out that his firefly reminded her of it. So great, because we've all wondered why Inara chose Serenity. Really satisfying story. I know I'm going to want to re-read this one, so it's going on my favorites! :)
Il dolce chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
I like! It needs a little polish, but I think you have everyone down really well. I'd like more of the other characters involved perhaps, in an expanded version.