Reviews for Through Endless Sands
thousandyearflower chapter 1 . 6/5
I normally doesn't like Orihime and Ulquiorra as a couple because I think the two are too different, too separate, to ever be able to fully understand each other. Also, given Tite's inclination to Ichigo winning every fight, Orihime and Ulquiorra was never in the optimum situation for them to understand each other. Your story changed that, and for this once I do believe I liked the pairing.

Somehow both are extremely in-character, and due to them being in character, there can be no happy ending for the two, and I believe you did a great job at conveying the despair and impossibility of connection between a human so in touch with her emotions (bordering on empath) and a dead man who is the embodiment of emptiness.

The characters dying was a welcome change, and I especially liked the fact that all this happens without Ulquiorra turning over to the good side.
29th.spirit chapter 1 . 3/24
Sad, beautiful and very fitting.
This goes straight into my top 5, no maybe even top 3 of all Ulquihime fanfictions I've ever read. I will come back here often to reread this. Thanks for sharing!
chrollo chapter 1 . 1/6
im crying right now this is soooooooooooooooo good youve destroyed me
Devin Trinidad chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
This was very interesting. You can see the relationship between the two main characters blossom into this friendship that Ulquiorra won't admit would exist. It's interesting to see that while he would have been more than ample to protect Orihime, he doesn't when the three Arrancar came into her room and beat her up. But of course, the endearing part of his character shines through when he would wait outside her door. That was great character development and it hints at him actually having a heart.

What really got me was the mentions of loneliness and how one would counter that. I love the little philosophical discussion that Orihime has with Ulquiorra...and of course those last few lines completely ties in with what she said.

Grammar wise, everything seems to be in order. Great job and merry early Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanza.
Avior Schedar chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
Beautiful...
TheLadyIntegra chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
Absolutely stunning. I seriously want to cry right now, but I'm sick and that will just aggravate my symptoms. But seriously, well done.
Echo Andalice chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
sigh.. this story is so good and so heart breaking.. i feel.. i dont even know what i feel right now.. empty, sad and another emotion mixed.
unearthing chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
This was really lovely, thank you.
Dazed Blue chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
I cry.
I hate how I couldn't stop myself from finishing this. It's too much. In a good way or a bad way, I can't tell.
So bittersweet.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
Que triste
Guest chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
So sad. This was a very deep and meaningful piece of writing.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
This was really good. I loved it. It wasn't overdone and had a light, angsty feel. It was very true to their personalities, very in character and it ended up being a very interesting character study. The context that you created made lines that would usually be cliche very interesting and ironic. "Why do they hate me so much?" "Because nothing beautiful lives here." It's a beautiful line here because of their identities: an almost apathetic jailor who doesn't belong to himself and a kind-hearted prisoner who is realistic enough to grudgingly accept reality. You kept it away from romance and made it a sort of morbid fascination, keeping the story fresh. The ending was superb. Really great.
bleachdalilah chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
That was absolutely amazing in a terrible sad way... I guess that's why its a tragedy though... That made me cry... (Far from the first or last time...) And I just... I dont really know what to think about it, which is really common for stories like this... This is really good and Im glad darksknight showed it to me :3
Memolade chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
you left some onions at the end of the chapter, why did you do that?
*sniff*sniff* I'm not crying, it's not like i;m crying it's just that this pairing is too beautiful... T_T
okay srly, good job on this story. :*
aboulomania chapter 1 . 5/7/2013