Reviews for Bad Ass
CrimsonMyriad chapter 1 . 12/1/2017
Awful title, but fun storyline, pity it's abandoned.
Dark Flames chapter 4 . 1/11/2016
Why did you abandon your stories? :(
darkdranzer chapter 4 . 1/18/2014
This is awesome au veiw of howsnape became a spy i love it
DesirePassion chapter 4 . 7/15/2013
Hi,

I wish that this fic wasn't abandoned. :(

What I really liked was your portrayal of how Severus came to join the side of the "Light" without losing his dignity and pride by begging Albus like how JK Rowling portrayed it in the books. (then again, I think in some cases the fic writers do a much better job than JK Rowling herself, lol).

Please continue with the story.
AvadaK3 chapter 4 . 6/8/2013
Oh please.. I beg of you - come back to this website and tell me what happens next
Please?
bianca chapter 4 . 4/3/2013
I love how you write Snape. And how you have Dumbledore re-visiting his decisions after the Marauder's era werewolf-incident. I hope you post more soon!
Eru no Tsubasa chapter 4 . 2/15/2013
I love it! My my, your descriptions of Snape in battle... as a powerful and intelligent commander... brave and lonely and tortured and proud... I can't even describe it. Thank you for writing! XD
Anathema chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Oh, another thing. If you ever read this comment.
PLEASE, please, rename your story. It was a complete accident that I ended up reading it. Why would you name your story "Bad Ass" of all things? I would normaly not touch a story with a name like that with a ten-feet-pole. It implies bad writing. It does not make me curious, nor spark any interst or intrigue.
I was about to close this tab when I began to accidentally read a few lines and was enthralled. You are scaring away hundreds of readers with a title like that, in my (not quite so unprofessional) opinion.
Anathema chapter 4 . 2/3/2013
Hey,
Firstly, I want to thank you for writing this. It is really fantastic. I really like the insights into Severus character that you provide, and in my opinion, this is one of the most believable portraits of Severuscharacter on this site. Not that I think it is exactly canon, mind, but I think the character is believable in itself- a rarity in most fanfiction. I like that you include his thought process - many fanfic authors would balk at that, because it requires a sense of strategy and forethought. So thank you for that.
I do belive however, that the "Job interview" in this chapter was somewhat overdone, or shaky. What if Severus had had no choice but show the Dark Lord his memory - as was likely from his point of view - since he aimed to be denied the position? All that talk of Albus"friend" would have been more than suspicious, a certain death sentence for Severus. I believe he would have moved heaven and hell to swing the conversation to something else.
But that is a minor concern, it worked out well.
Oh, I also wanted you to know that I really appreciate literary quotes. I am a big fan of the classics. Any references to books and quotes and such are treasured by me. I can also clearly see Severus to be well-read and knowledgeable in such things, so, again, well done.
Anyways, this comment is probably not relevant to you in any case, since the last update was more than five years ago. It is really sad to see such stories die, but life has a habit of killing them, I guess.
Thank you for posting this.
SilverWolf329 chapter 2 . 3/11/2012
HAHA! I caught a mistake! (Surprising, considering you have a beta...) But anyway, somewhere in the middle of Chapter 2, you said, "Albus was even more curios now, but he knew that he had never gotten any answers from the boy." It's curious, not curios. Curios is the shortened form of curiosity, and is a noun. :P I spend to much time trying to find errors in writing... Eh. Good story!
watin77 chapter 4 . 1/1/2010
this is a /damn/ impressive story so far-are you ever going to finish it? please consider it. in the meantime i'm putting this on favorites and story alert!
everyme chapter 4 . 10/23/2009
Hey :)

So, Ive read the four chapters of this story a few times, actually, without commenting it. Shame on me -.- I just kept forgetting it, and I also think that theres really so much to say about it (all the thoughts I had while reading particular scenes etc.), that its just impossible to write them all in a review... but Ill try ;)

First of all, your interpretation of Snapes character is rather unique in the Potterverse here on . In the stories Ive read so far hes either some sort of tragic hero who wallows in despair and is really depressive all the time or hes just a cold-hearted bastard who doesnt care about anything at all. These interpretations are aly fine by me, as long as they are plausibly explained and the story is well written.

You describe Snape in a way which strays both from the image in the book and still isnt OOC... not at all, I think (I dont know if you understand what I mean, its jsut the impression I got while reading it).

One of the things that is really one of his character traits is his need to be independent of others. Even while reading the actual books, I was thinking that he betrayed Voldemort because of his own choice, not because others expected him to do so, and this fact is clearly outlined in your story as well.

I especially liked the scene where he stands on the cliffs by the sea and feels more comfortable surrounded by nature than by persons. And the saying "to be master to himself rather than slave to another" just sums up perfectly this part of his personality.

Another trait that isnt presented very often in the actual books is his wicked sense of humor. The sequences where he silently laughs at Voldemort for being stupid enough not to notice him being a spy were paricularly amusing. And they also added a lot of humor (albeit dark humor) to the rather angsty story.

Another scene which really fascinated me was the one of the past where young Snape accuses Dumbledore for not caring enough about the Slytherin students and having prejudices against them. That was very impressive; this issue hasnt really been mentioned in other fanfictions, and it also shows how straightforward and perceptive he is.

The scene where Snape has to kill the father of a Muggle family was really disturbing. Not because of the description of the murder, but because you wrote Snapes thoughts so accurately and eloquently. And this scene also made me realize that he blames no one for his own faults, but is really concious of them and therefore tries to amend them by betraying Voldemort.

At the end, I wanted to tell you that you did the most thourough portrayal of Severus Snape I ever read. You added so many layers to his character and highlighted some of them. We dont really get to know his motives behing his actions in the books, but you did a great job in trying to explain them.

Its really a pity that you havent updated in ages. It would be really great if you continued writing this story :)

Have a nice day!

everyme
CSnow chapter 4 . 10/19/2009
Wow. Masterfully written!
girlfan1979 chapter 4 . 8/2/2009
This is a brillant story, and all I can say is that I hope that one day - one day soon - your muse returns with a burning desire to finish it.

On the other hand, I feel honor bound to point out that it reads well as is, and if you removed the note stating that it isn't finished, and marked it complete, I don't think anyone would be the wiser.

Still, it's a story I'd be happy to see more of.
VestriVerum chapter 4 . 7/14/2009
I think I'm in adoration, admiration, and many other good things, with all of your stories.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »