Reviews for Raising the Black Pearl
FearOfDeathIsIllogical chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
A great story. Very good.
Ciu Sune chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Wow! Hee, I really liked that! *claps* You got Jack's way of speaking down, and Davy Jones' mannerisms all in that one little bit. It was a tad difficult for me to try and imagine a /younger/ Captain Jack Sparrow (in the end I just saw him saying it like normal ; ) but there was really no problem with this at all. I'm looking forward to the continuation then!
KungFuCat chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
I like it, too. Please go on, ths sounds very interesting!

KungFuCat
Animated Crime chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
This is a great little story. I really like how you tried to explore an unexplained element of the canon rather than resorting to the usual sequel or fanfic romance plot lines. I particularly like how you have (the greatly underused) Davy Jones! I look forward to reading more.

If you want to improve, in future sections, I would like to see either a little more research on Jack's background or a more thorough invented history for the character. I remember, for example, reading in a behind-the-scenes that Jack was the captain of an East India Company slaver before becoming a pirate, which would make him a seasoned captain before meeting Davy Jones. If this isn't interesting to you, make up some other background for Jack that's more interesting, but ensure you explain!