Reviews for The Arrival
Noch Provodnik chapter 6 . 3/1/2006
I didn't mind that the story was a Mary Sue! I liked it! I think that a Mary Sue can work in any story as long as its as true the the original movie/book as possible. This story was well written, so...i applaud u!
Dawnie-7 chapter 6 . 12/5/2004
Great work here. You have all the characters in check, and I really liked Anne. I expecially loved the way you evolved the relationship between her and the Abbe.
Meerex chapter 6 . 4/6/2003
This, I am afraid, is what we call a "Mary Sue". I had hoped that no one would write a "Mary Sue" for this movie. It is a great dissapointment to see so many stories like this being written. Once I saw them in the "Les Miserables" section, I was devestated. Now I see "Mary Sues" everywhere. This is a fairly good story, I suppose, but the characters are very "out of character". This story truly defies the purpose of the movie. But, the idea for this story was well thought out, and executed very nicely. I do not mean for this review to be a flame. This is a very nice story, but it is best to stick to the original plot, and not try to twist it around, as you have done.
Catcher-in-the-Rye chapter 3 . 5/16/2002
Err . . . good.

Mary-Sueish though, not to mention, in chapter three everyone is completely out of character. Seriously.
Chantal chapter 1 . 8/31/2001