Reviews for Making the Grade
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
AH! This was the best story I've read yet on Ms. Asaji! *U* MY GOODNESS!

Gosh...you REALLY captured both Kazu and Ms. Aasaji's spirits...but particularly the sensitive, serious, contemplative side of Kazu we never really see too much. That, in itself, is something indescribable.

I'm so happy Kazu was THAT excited for getting an awesome grade on his essay, AND the best grades of the trimester/class! That is SO AWESOME! U GO, KAZU! Even the sometimes slightly egotistical Kazu needs happiness in his life! *U*

I LOVED the hug at the end, and I always picture Ms. Asaji learning things from her students, narrowing it down to the Tamers, of course. (lol.)

I love it when she appears in episodes, so thanks for writing this utterly beautiful story dedicated to her. You most definitely made my next few days and the rest of this morning (considering it's just after 12:15 AM)!

You ROCK! U *U* U *U* U *U*

Ever-so sincerely signed,

Shizuku Tsukishima749 :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D :) ;)
Broken Angel01 chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Sorry it took me a while to get to this story, but id did manage it! I know I haven't been keeping up with your stuff in a while, though I've enjoyed everything I've read, but I'll try to be on the ball a little more.

I blame it on being really busy!

Anyways, first I want to say it was very adorable and had a very interesting plot, and I liked the bit of humour in it as well. I can sort of see what BenignUser meant in his post, but over all it was very good. I think the most important thing BenignUser said was about dialogue. In many cases it does define a character more so than action. I noticed it mostly with Kazu. Sometimes he seemed a bit too formal, though I like how you made him smart and I think that fits him well.

He might goof off a bit, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have any brains.

I think that's everything I have to say. Good job!
BenignUser chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
I wasn't too sure how I wanted to review this, as I enjoyed the plot and marveled at the thought of a story focusing on the student-teacher relationship of some of the Tamers. Your narrative flowed very nicely.

But at the same time I noticed things that made your story seem a bit off. Personally, I just think your dialogue seems very flat at times. It reads more like it was written rather than being spoken, if that makes any sense. At times it seems too formal, at others it seems to wordy for every-day chat.

I also kind of think you missed out on Hirokazu's character a bit. Not to say he was written out of character, but rather in a way that seems as though you felt you didn't really understand his character and avoided any distinguishing features for him. It just feels as though I could take this story, replace every 'Kazu' with say, 'Kenta' or 'Takato' and end up with the same thing. I didn't feel that there was really anything that differentiated Kazu from the other characters.

You have a very strong and pleasant narrative to read; and I know there are other characters you perfectly understand, but I feel that your dialogue is limiting your work. Once you patch that up, I think that you'll have an easier time giving each character their own unique personality - in a story mostly driven by dialogue, such as this one, speech sets characters apart a lot more then their actions. And at the same time, when each character speaks in the same tone... it simply seems like it's the same person over and over again with only a different name.
Rave The Rich chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Great one shot, Dark!

I've always found Kazu Shidoa to be one of the more underrated in not just tamers, but the entire Digimon franchise as a whole, and you did a excellent job of capturing his increased maturity over the years due to events such as the D-Reaper.

I'll bet that when Kazu first stepped into high school, he was shocked out of his shoes to find out that the teacher from elementary school was back in his life. And it seems now that knowing that he has been doing much better in his schooling will only serve as inspiration to do what you tell many in reviews (including myself) to do, and that's to keep it up!

The hug and the friendship served as great icing on the cake, in my opinion, and it's great that you also got Nami Asaji's point of view on her after school conversation with Kazu. It was quite revealing, and it showed just how much the little things like a hug matter in the lives of the young people that teachers teach.

Again, it was a fantastic job by you, and it will now into my favorites! Keep up the good work!

RTR
Puma.Neko chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Wait... was that... Kazu x Nami? Kinda wrong, considering that she's his teacher and all...

But besides that, great story. It was adorable, and completely in character.