Reviews for Fire Chapter 9: The Shallows
Guest chapter 7 . 10/7/2017
Oooooh, poor Toph. (But how does she know those were her friends, if she can't sense them with the earthbending to match the sight up to what she already knows?) (I know you can't answer since I'm anon, but I thought I'd let you know I was confused anyway.) Poor Zuko, apparently being the only one to give in and having to try and fight this thing.

And of course Sokka staves it off because Tanha was dumb(?) enough to try making him a firebender.

I really, really like how you keep using Momo as an important, ever-present character, too. So many fics gloss over him.
Akalish chapter 8 . 7/13/2016
Okay, this has officially become my favourite episode of your entire Fire Series. I just loved it. World exploring to the core, and I always did wonder why we never saw much more of the connection between man and spirits, specially from the spirits' point of view, in the world of Avatar. I'm happy they divulge further of this in the comics, however, it would have been so much better if they could have included some in the show as well (because, honestly, the Spirit World of The Legend of Korra was just so dumb!).
EbonyWing chapter 8 . 4/10/2016
Whoa, super creepy-I loved it! ;)

Poor Zuko, he must feel so bad...
Figures he wouldn't be tempted by the big stuff, his sense of self-worth must be pretty low. *hugs him*
Mouse-size-Dragon chapter 9 . 11/16/2015
Just letting you know I love your series, even though you obviously finished it years ago and don't need reviews as encouragement anymore, I still felt a review might be a nice bright spot in your day. It's always nice to be reminded that people love your writing!

The Akuma were the things that attacked Zuko in the Spirit World!

I think perhaps bringing her mother back to life might just have tempted Katara but as Iroh stated that wasn't something she could tempt them with (as he said she couldn't tempt him with Lu Ten) I guess you couldn't have used that. Also Katara would probably have been very suspicious of a mist that could raise the dead. But then again maybe it wouldn't have mattered as the 'text' seemed to imply that they might have subconsciously emotionally accepted the temptations and been caught that way as well.
erisol chapter 8 . 12/18/2014
The spirit was cool.
inkbLot chapter 2 . 5/11/2014
These stories are great. I've been reading them the way I'd watch episodes of a tv show, which is perfect because your stories read exactly like episodes of Avatar. You have the right blend of small moments of comedy, serious talks, deep moments, fighting, adventure, mysteries...very well done. I realize that's it been like six or seven years since you published these, so maybe you don't even go on this account anymore, but if you do, I just want to let you know how much I enjoy reading your stories.
NeverTooMuchInspiration chapter 9 . 4/3/2014
Nicely put together. This isn't the first time I have seen an attempt at the separation and temptation plot, but it is definitely one of the better executed ones I have seen. I agree that sometimes, it is a much stronger lesson to learn from a mistake than to avoid the mistake in the first place. Even if Zuko had known before hand and resisted the temptation, he would have missed a fairly important soul-searching moment. Notably that temptation wouldn't work on the later series 3 canon Zuko because the scar becomes more a symbol of pride than shame, although not completely. Other than that, I loved that you had Sokka get turned into a firebender. That was quite a nicely done, uplifting bit of comedy in an otherwise heavy story.
Shealyn chapter 9 . 12/28/2013
You did it again! THIS chapter has to be the best you came up with so far I just loved it so much and the ending. I'm so glad you kept the characters very realistic. Though I have admit during the story I wondered " What would happen to Azula OR Ozai if this happened to them?" And to be honest I really think they would have failed and ended up killing each other.
Shealyn chapter 2 . 12/27/2013
Well obviously this might not make any difference because you finished the story and I wish I was reading this before the last season ATLA aired but still all I have say is ZUTARA! all the smiles and blushes and hugs she sends his way and BOO with KAtaang but to be honest you've really made it hard for to know if Katara is falling for zuko and I really do want them to be in love but I guess I'll just have to keep reading. God bless :D
Boogum chapter 9 . 2/17/2013
Aww, this was sad.
Boogum chapter 8 . 2/17/2013
This chapter broke my heart. Poor Zuko. :(
Boogum chapter 7 . 2/17/2013
/I mean, if you're going to give me some special power, couldn't it be the ability to make food whenever I want it?" He ended his animated rant by rubbing his chin thoughtfully before adding pragmatically, "That would make this a much better dream, you know."

The mist expanded and condensed in a defeated sigh, then began to dissipate into the air with a disgruntled growl.

"Why are the idiots always the hard ones?"/

BAHAHAAHAH! Oh, that made me laugh. Never change, Sokka.

Loved this chapter! Finally, some glimpses of hope are appearing!
Boogum chapter 6 . 2/17/2013
Omg! You evil, evil author! What are you doing to me? I am totally spazzing right now, but it is NOT the happy fangirl spazzing, but the despairing 'oh no, what is going to happen?' spazzing!
Boogum chapter 5 . 2/17/2013
The Zuko/Blue Spirit fight reminded me of the Link vs Dark Link battle in the Water Temple (yes, I'm a total Zelda nerd). I have to say, that was pretty awesome.

Anyway, I'm loving this,but I have to find out what's going to happen next, so ...
Boogum chapter 4 . 2/17/2013
OMG! What is this madness?

Onwards!