Reviews for Expiation
IlfirinEstel chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
You know, I never liked Nikki. I always looked at her and thought "...God, what she must've done to the agents/assets, what she must've seen or let happen..." It erased any form of sympathy I would've had for her, especially in Supremacy. And I completely agree with you on all counts of the Nikki/Jason pairing. Even if she did love him... I don't think he would've allowed himself as an agent to even think about caring for her. And after Supremacy, I think he's still mourning Marie... maybe even in Ultimatum too. Anyway, almost in spite of myself, I love your characterization of Nikki. The conflicting feelings between her desire for Jason and her desire to be professional... it's all shown very, very well. I really admire your insight into her character. I actually feel a little bit bad for her. :)
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Wow. That was damned good. Interesting twist.

-Ellie
openattheclose chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
Brilliant job. I agree with your assesment of their possible ship as well-I have written a story for them, because it was something intresting to play around with, but really, I highly doubt an assasian for the CIA would be too intrested in romantic relations...especially with someone who worked at Treadstone.

Anyhow, this seems far more realistic, and it's written beautifully. You have a very gripping style of writing.
Kirsten-B chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
Though I can imagine Jason/David and Nikki being together (although rather before Identiy and after Ultimatum)I really like your approach.

It is much more probable, since there never was a hint in the first two movies... especially in Identity one could have had the feeling that they don't even know each other...

Anyway, nice story!
Bristol chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Wow! I love this idea! I, myself, don't think that Nicky/Nikki (I don't know which is right) were romantically involved, I think that in that stage of his life he wasn't really capable of it...

I love your take on it! I think you really captured their personalities and it is, all in all, awesome! Keep up the good work!

Bristol
Fanatic482 chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Such a very different spin on that line from the movie. I like it... Much though the romantic in me would love to think there was a past, somewhere, I also cave to the reality that in Bourne's world there was no space for that, no capability. Whatever may have been was circumstantial, maybe accidental, but not equally pursued by others.

I think watching and analyzing ALIAS for so many years has warped me :o)

But I really did like the story...
La Flamingo chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Aya! A story that does indeed give different meaning to the "hard for me" quote in the third. A frightening but logical way to look at it. Very well drawn.

Well, like always, you've managed to impress me. Great job. Frightening one-shot, but certainly explanatory and very well written.

Good job. Keep it up.

Cheers,

LF
zeeharan chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
This was such a great story! Like many, I wondered what Nikki meant with that line, but I couldn't really bring myself to believe that they had been romantically involved. I don't know if I neccessarily buy her being his psychologist but it's more beliveable then her being his girlfriend.

I especially liked how well you captured her voice, this story felt ture to the movies and the books. Very nicely done!
lazaefair chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Hey, I completely agree with your assessment of the Nicky/Bourne possibility - though I would take it even further and say that he didn't know Nicky during his training, simply because in the movies he never got any memory flashes whenever she was around, whereas he eventually had flashbacks for every person who had a large role in his Treadstone past. I think her role with the Treadstone agents was as minimal as it seemed from the beginning - she was just the liaison, an anonymous monitor and occasional messenger, who made so little of an impression on Bourne pre-amnesia that he never had any memory fragments associated with her.

However, I'd imagine that as a lonely surveillance operative, it would be easy for Nicky to develop a one-sided crush on one of the men she was assigned to monitor constantly (it seems that Treadstone doesn't pick ugly guys for its program *g*) so that would explain her remarks and Bourne's lack of reaction to them.

Aside from that, though, I like this fic. Well-written, and explores her anguish pretty well.
Darlian chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Badr, I wholeheartedly agree. Nikki never gave any sign beforehand of any romantic involvement, and I'm inclined to think that perhaps she knew Webb as a past acquaintance and introduced him to the program. Or heck, maybe his torture just bothered her (as it would most people). She could have liked him before, but it just wouldn't make sense for them to have a relationship once he was a part of Treadstone (not only would Jason be an emotionless wall for a boyfriend, but then those in charge would be suspicious of Nikki from the moment our favorite amnesiac assassin went AWOL).

...And perhaps I just can't shake the idea that Jason cannot let go of Marie.

Forgive me, I'm totally preaching to the choir here. Anyway, what I meant to say: You're a capable writer with a refreshing take on the conversation between Bourne and Parsons. Kudos to ya!