Reviews for The Baker Street Amateur
Julianna Calavicci chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Brilliantly done. I'd been thinking about writing a SH/TP crossover myself. Your story very well maintains the characters while giving the reader a Victorian mystery-lovers dream.
Bluerosebud423 chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
I literally went "OMG Thomas Pitt!" (That sounds a little weird, but it's true...) I have been really getting into the series and it was really very pleasing to see a story that mixes my two favorite Victorian Era sleuths! Thank you so much for writing this!

Your characterizations were pretty good; it's interesting to see how they both react to each other-I was pretty pleased to see Holmes knowing a bit about Pitt, it reminded me of how the books occasionally mention him keeping tabs on promising Inspectors, such as Inspector Hopkins.

Simply, this was a very nice read!
Peedee chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Sorry not been here before, but just read your story and found it it was short,and would love to have read more
barbarataku chapter 1 . 11/13/2002
It was a pleasure to read something about Thomas and Charlotte. We adore Mr. Holmes. We also never made a connection with the time frame. Your writting skills are worthy of them. Please keep it up. I will continue to check your spot. I saw the chapter 1 words.
Frog1 chapter 1 . 10/15/2002
That was great! And you had one of my favoriate mystery charaters: Thomas Pitt! Can you please write another one? I wouldn't mind seeing Sherlock meeting Thomas's crime fightiing partner, his wife!
Kat chapter 1 . 9/10/2001
Excellent, excellent story! BRAVO! The moment I read the preview of this story, I knew I had to read it and I have not been disappointed. You have all of the characters so well done and, in fact, gave me a couple of chuckles as I thought "yup, that's Pitt alright" and "that's Holmes". I hope to find more Pitt/Holmes collaborations in the future.
hannah holmes chapter 1 . 9/2/2001
wow, i really liked this one! Maybe a little too short though...
Cecilia Knight chapter 1 . 8/26/2001
Not bad. I've read the stories by Doyle, Laurie King and the Anne Perry stories, and this is a pretty good story. However, I think that you should have expanded a little bit more on Pitts investigation and maybe Holmes should have gotten a little more involved. If his brain lacked the stimulation that it needed, he may have been more eager to help with the case, and maybe have gotten more involved.