Reviews for Unspecial
ImpsDream chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
This was really sad, but it was well done. I almost wish there was more.
Out of curiosity, did Lily tell James that Astrid had been pregnant?
gaap237 chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Great story. Poor Remus! Life is just so hard for him...
Louey06 chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
This was so sweet i love remsu Lily frendship fics they are so sweet
K chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Excellent! I was never much into Harry Potter-based fanfics before because I couldn't imagine that anyone would be able to really get characters right - but you are spot on for me! I am looking forward to seeing how your story progresses, and really commend you on your excellent character development - and just characterization in general. It's great, it really is. I love your insight and gentle but real tone... you make moments tender - not awkward. I can't wait to read the rest! Again, excellent. You've got me hooked! :)
Samantha chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
I love your writing style! You portray the characters so realistically, especially through their vulnerabilities...it's phenomenal.
Aquamarine07 chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful job. I felt like I was there with them in the field. What a wonderful story! This has got to be one of my favorites!
Jessa Martin chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Wonderful story and I loved the characterization of Remus.
Livia F chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
I loved how... simple you made this be. Idon't know. It's not simple at all, but at the same time, you made it easy to understand and read and feel everything Lily's feeling.

Amazing story. :)
MidCircleNine chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
This almost made me cry. Devastatingly beautiful. Absolutely fantastic characterisations, and wonderful emoting. You've given me hope in fanfiction again after trudging through pages and pages of slash.. Bless you.

In all seriousness though, I really do love this. It's completely amazing. Adequately captures all the feelings and ideas that must have been coursing through everyone's minds, and the first person was brilliant.
beamsoflight chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
I have to say... I started reading you because of Sous Vide, and the hysteria you've created in twatlight... but you write Remus/Tonks as well, so I was going through some of your other things and this...

This is just fucking lovely, that's what it is. It is perfect and miserable and sad and just what might have actually happened, and it makes me want to make Astrid canon.

Wonderful.
Minisinoo chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
And ... I've gotta go to bed, but this is just brilliant. I particularly liked this:

"I don’t know me, or this terrible and wonderful – what is it? – intention? Surely every mother who’s ever lived has felt this way, though you’d never know it from their smiling faces. But it’s fierce and horrible and I wish more than anything I’ve ever wished for in my miserable, short little insignificant life that I actually had the power to protect him. Her. That little person. Our child."

YES, you've really captured, right there, the odd feeling that many mothers have, that maternal instinct. The notion that some alien has taken over your body BUT you love it anyway.

And this:

"The only thing worse would be if I died first. I don’t know what James would do. He can’t carry that burden and I know it. So I never cry in front of him. Ever." ...?

Makes me love your Lily. I find her fascinating anyway, although I've never had cause to write her, but I really like what you've done here. She really feels STRONG, like Lily should. And I like your Patronus choices, too, btw. The banter between them ... his wonder at the moving baby. Excellent.

But overall, I just like the feeling of WAR that this conveys. What they say, what they don't say ... your reference to touching. All very well done.
unique.normality chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
thats sad

I can understand the whole touching thing

with true friends, you can do that sort of thing and it not be weird
Perfect Impression chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
I have read all of your stories, and this one stood out, a lot.

it really is a work of art, a masterpiece in its own right.

thank you for posting up so many of your fantastic stories.
stella8h8chang chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Stunning. It was so beautiful and long, I really didn't want it to end!

You've really captured the mixture of feelings which would've been going through the minds of people living during the first reign of terror.

I know this is really odd, but I thought of...was it 1984? Where the guy takes the girl out on a picnic in the face of all the oppression around them? (I'm really shameful - I get 1984 and Brave New World mixed up because I read them on the same road trip)
Cassandra's Cross chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Oh, beautiful! This is so profound. We all have something to cry about. Ain't that the truth? I don't know why I haven't see this one before, but it's definitely going on my favorites list. Fantastic, truly.