Reviews for Boring Afternoon
Darkover chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Dear Ellyn: This was a very amusing and well-written story. Good to see Denethor portrayed as a decent man for a change. As you pointed out, his life is still good at this point. As for young Boromir-like father, like son! Your descriptions were also very good, as usual. I especially liked Denethor's mental observation about Ingold; "He looks as if he swallowed a broom." Thank you for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
Emberike chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Lovely to see the brighter side of Denethor and his family!
Araloth the Random chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
I had just as much trouble suppressing my laughter as Denethor's counsellors and the delegation from Lebennin! The very idea of a group arrived for a serious meeting looking up into the Great Hall and finding the great hero Isildur looking more like a Corsair than a proud son of Numenor was absolutely hilarious. Very well done!

Araloth
Lady Saruman chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
This is a very cute story!

I have one question though: would the humans normally thank Eru for miracles? I always thought that it was more personally related to the elves...but I forget :P
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
That story had me falling off my chair laughing! Uh-oh, now people at the library are looking oddly at me...

Also, that last line was rather ominous... I wonder what will suffer next from an eight-year-old's boredom... Perhaps the fountain in the courtyard? Or maybe some of the Guard's uniforms?

CT
chisscientist chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
I like Boromir the bored eight year old. He is entertaining and inventive.
Renarion Arenimon chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
Fun and cheering, just as childhood in Gondor should be.

This is a side of Denethor I surely like more.
szepilona10 chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
I liked it!
Cressida1 chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
I finally got the chance to read this, and I smiled all the way through it! Boromir in this story reminds me a bit of the one in Kasiopeia's cartoons, if you've seen those-in other words, he's a bit of a little terror, but not malicious at all, just very sure of himself. And Denethor's innocent act really cracked me up. Thanks for pointing me to this story!

(By the way, if you like Denethor, you should visit the Brothers of Gondor board sometime! There's a link on my profile page. We have quite a few Denethor fans there.)
Larry1710 chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
Loving eight year old Boromir. Naughty but nice. I can just imagine him moseying around Minas Tirith getting into all sorts of scrapes.
Istarnie chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
I thought this was fun from the first I saw it. I like the unusual take on Denethor, and the way he is not so very different from his young son. I am also highly amused at the image of an eight year old Boromir (Sean Bean LOL) sitting on a statue in the Great Hall. It takes some of the solemnity out of the place. ;-)You have wonderful ideas Ellynn - keep them flowing.
Fili chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Hah! This is great. :) It's so good to see a younger, happier Denethor with a sense of humor. His life gets so horrible, he deserves all the happiness fanfiction writers can arrange for him.

And Boromir... I can think of several ways he could put his training in sculpture to good use... though the effects on diplomatic and public relations would probably not be the best. :D But I'm sure he'd know better than to do anything that would cause major trouble... P

Keep up the good work! :)

*hugs*

-Dwarf
Jas chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Superb :-)). It' s fun :-)).