Reviews for Too Little, Too Late
Rat chapter 3 . 1/17/2008
awesome story, like everything you write. I love the angst and limp. yay the limp!
FacetiousDruid chapter 3 . 9/23/2007
I really loved this. XD
Cookie6 chapter 3 . 9/18/2007
Another stunning piece of writing. You captured the boys despair and grief perfectly and had my heart in the palm fo your hand.

I felt the real Dean begin to emerge when you wrote: "Besides, something was off. Something had been off since their stint in the hospital, but Dean hadn't taken the time to notice it. But he could sense it, now suddenly with a surprising intensity..."

and thanks for this line: "Sam had been the one to choose his side every time in the cabin. Sam hadn't hesitated." This hit me like a tonne of very obvious bricks in Devil's Trap and you not only felt it too but used it in exactly the right moment.
Robin Vogel chapter 3 . 9/6/2007
Oh, God, this was a wonderful, amazing, heartfelt and perfect story. I loved it. I was so fearful that Dean would lose Sam, or, God forbid, make a deal to save Sam's life, but he survived, on sheer love and faith, I suspect, and that was beautiful! Thank you for this marvelous story! I will never forget it! Love, Robin
TraSan chapter 3 . 8/25/2007
Ironically, I'm late to the party.

Wow - loved the boys in this story. They were in a very bad place after their dad died. I saw guilt on both sides and while Dean was crumbling...that's what I saw in Sam too at times.

Really great story, thanks for the lovely read.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 3 . 8/23/2007
I like the equality this story reaches. Sam does indeed need Dean as much as the other way around, and I'm glad to see Dean realize that shutting things away from Sam isn't the best way to protect him. He was a little more oblivious than I see him being about Sam's state, even post-Dad, but once he realized what was going on, he acted exactly as I'd think and hope he would. Interesting medical situation, too; good idea. And I love the line of the only person Dean wanting was Sam.

Oddly, while you seemed worried about being too harsh on Dean, it was Sam that disappointed a little here. He of all people should know not to mess with a serious injury, and to not go see a doctor when he is sure his wrist is broken, let alone when he almost gets Dean killed on a hunt, is plainly stupid. I'd give him more credit than that. But they are both messed up post "In Time of Dying." I'll just have to chalk it up to that.

Still, good story, very enjoyable, and some important themes I'd love to see other writers consider.
lelann37 chapter 3 . 8/21/2007
oh, group hug! love sam and dean angst and bonding, thanks for the fic!
50boys chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
I loved this tag. I can't believe you said this story hated you because it seemd like such satisfying closure for CSPWDT. Definately one of my all time favorites.
Jensen chapter 3 . 8/21/2007
I don't normally do the quote thing, but: Sam's hovering in the weeks since certainly made sense. Sam must have been terrified. Sam must still be terrified. Even after their dad had been "okay," he'd up and died, leaving Sam to find the body. Was Sam sticking close because he was worried the same thing would happen to Dean?
rozzy07 chapter 3 . 8/20/2007
Wow Faye, bittersweet story telling at its best, all the while managing to up the Sammy limpfactor and DeanAngst to an extreme degree. What more could a girl ask for? My you long continue to write! Rozzy.
LadyVic chapter 3 . 8/20/2007
All I can say is wow. What a great story. I think the guilt and the emotions of both boys were right on. With the grief and everything else they had to deal with, I think the soul numbing fatigue you describe-perfectly IMHO-would be very possible. Dean wasn't being selfish or too harsh, he was being human.

I love the way you started with them both being so burnt out that they were failing each other, and ended with the strength of their brotherhood shining through. Thanks for a really good read.
carocali chapter 3 . 8/20/2007
You're always so creative in the ways you make Sam limp! Bone infection! Hm...

This episode did scream for more resolution, especially with Sam. The poor boy got no acknowledgement from his father and then his brother pushed him away (of course, we understand Dean's own demons later in the series) leaving him to struggle on his own. This makes me feel a little better.
funkyspunk chapter 3 . 8/20/2007

AWESOME chapter! this fic was So good! blew me away! Loved the angst, guilt, Limp!sam... just excellent!

You sure know how to work our boys up! Awesome work!

Cant wait for anything new from you!

Annonie chapter 2 . 8/19/2007
Okay so I totally wrote out a completely awesome review and then it didn't submit. So I'm going to have to remember what i just said. (I read all three chapters but it said I already submitted a review for chapter 3)

This story took me completely by suprise. I wasn't expecting anything this agnsty and suspenseful (which I both LOVE). I just thought it was about a minor wrist injury a couple convos and the end. I had no idea something this life threatening would happen. I actually didn't know somethhing like this could happen.

So thanks for raising my wrist awareness. I'll remember to be "wrist strong" from now on. (Brownies if you know what show that is from.)

Anyway, I especially loved the resolving conversation at the end. It was poignant but not sappy. Perfect Winchester.
RhianaStar chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
Well done... all through the end... get that insight into their brotherhood...
101 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »