Reviews for Too Little, Too Late
mcatB chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
I really enjoyed this - when I wasn't ready to cry along with the boys on their guilt trip! Great job!
Rachelly chapter 2 . 8/18/2007
Oh, this is so sad...so sad. Poor Sam and Dean literally drowning in emotional pain and sorrow. Dean is so clearly depressed and unable to cope with life and Sam is feeling so alone, cut off from Dean and he's so sick! It is painful to see our favorite brothers so out of sync with each other. I felt so sad when Sam just went to bed on the fold out...so alone so needing sleep to take away his emotional and physical pain. Loved the angst when Dean realized Sam was in trouble and his mind/heart begain to stir first with concern and then with guilt. On top of that, he has no idea how Sam is really doing emotionally and whether his kid brother has enough fight left in him to make it through this! Great story! Great details especially in exploring the emotional depths of our boys and of course loved limpSammy! Can't wait to see how Sam makes out and how the boys attempt to build bridges towards each other to recover the seemingly lost closeness. Great chapter!
irismay42 chapter 2 . 8/18/2007
Oh thank God Dean worked out what was going on with Sam! I'm glad you didn't leave Sam in uncomplaining pain any longer!

I like how the only thing that's finally broken Dean out of his cycle of self-loathing and depression is realising he has to be strong for Sam - to start looking out for him the way has always has done before. And it's interesting that the one time he hasn't done this is the one time Sam's been trying his hardest not to be a burden. Which just goes to show that those boys really shouldn't keep secrets from each other because nothing good ever comes from it...!
bubblesquirt chapter 2 . 8/18/2007
Any movement made him want to cry, and at this point, crying wasn't something that was okay. Crying had never been okay.

-This is so freaking sad!

He was pretty sure that Dean hated him, on some level. Not that Dean would ever admit it, but he'd never thought Dean could act like this either.

-*gasp* Oh no...

A year ago, Dean would have said something. Dean would have given him a look.

Dean didn't even give him a double take.

-Again, so sad...

Now he could feel them piling up, weighing on him. John Winchester wasn't even dead according to the state.

Funny how Dean Winchester was.

-I hadn't even thought of that. Sigh..

His dad had died for him, not because he loved him, but because he needed Dean to carry on. And wasn't that the kicker.

-*sniffle*

Finally dressed, he sunk back onto his bed, feeling deflated. He knew he needed to go buy a paper, go buy breakfast, get the day started, but he didn't want to.

He just didn't want to.

-You capture this feeling of grief, of hopelessness VERY well.

But joking was harder now, strained.

The memory of waking up with the tube in his throat was still too fresh. The lingering feel of his father's breath against his ear was too haunting. The doctor announcing time of death, 10:41 was just too real.

-Perfect.

"It's okay," Dean soothed, feeling awkward. He ran a hand over Sam's forehead, swiping his bangs to the side. "We're going to get you taken care of."

-I absolutely adore this image!

Jaw clenched, all Dean could think was at least someone was.

Dean sighed, scratching the back of his head with a nervous twitch. A little old woman was watching him, but he ignored her, not even sparing a glance to shame her into turning her head.

-I love the wording in this last sentence.

So, this story is absolutely wonderful! I'm so glad you started another one and I can't wait for the next update! :)
Shadopath chapter 2 . 8/17/2007
Wow, this is amazing and heart breaking and exactly in character for after John's death. I think you've done a great job with the emotions and reactions in them both, with dealing-or not dealing-after losing their dad.

Sam's guilt; feeling he let his family down, the fear that Dean is all there is left. That he may let him down-lose him-too. Maybe already has- 'too little, too late.'

Dean is so broken, that he can't even think about Sam. That was so painful, but it felt true. Then, when Dean is faced with how sick Sam is and how much pain he was in, and how Dean didn't pay attention until now, when it might be 'too little, too late' -that guilt, and feeling like his Dad should be here instead of him...oh these boys! You've got it down exactly as in our beloved show, but in high-depth :-)

I love how it's not only the title, but it is a theme to be found in both boys. Maybe even John would say he was 'too little, too late.'

I love this and can't wait for more!

Thanks for sharing :-)
Stand In Girl chapter 2 . 8/17/2007
Wow, this is an intense story! Just read through both parts, and I love it. And, let me say one thing before I review: I adore Dean. Sam is great, and I love the big guy, but Dean is... well, DEAN. So, when I say that I was just PRAYING for Dean to realize how freakin' blind and selfish he was being, you know it's a big deal. P

Seriously, I was ready to smack him. Here Sam is, feeling like he's failed everything and his wrist is broken and getting infected at the same time, and Dean is just unaware of everything. I know Dean is going through a hell of a lot, too, but just the fact that he kept thinking Sam's behavior was on purpose-or worse, a liability, got me pretty peeved. And it's also irritating because back before their dad had died, Dean would have seen it in an instant. Sam wouldn't even have been able to hide the pain in his wrist, let alone the strep. So when Dean finally got it after his brother reaches a fever of 103 (give or take) I was thinking, yeah, you better feel guilty!

Ahem, that being said, still rooting for the guy. Really curious to see where this goes! That infectin is definitely worrisome, so update soon!
sendintheclowns chapter 2 . 8/17/2007
A bone infection...how delicious! You might be an angst whore but you're definitely not delusional. I think you're really onto something with this fic.

I liked Dean's realization that Sam's behavior was off. It finally pulled him out of his depression enough to check on his brother. Perhaps too little, too late? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Thanks for another intriguing installment.
AnickaMarie chapter 2 . 8/17/2007
Poor Sammy & Dean. I don't see anything wrong with over the top, I certainly enjoyed it. Looking forward to the conclusion although I doubt the boys are ;)
funkyspunk chapter 2 . 8/17/2007
Faye!

I gotta tell you, I was eating a chocolate bar (a toblerone) and I completely forgot about it because your fic just ... blew me away!

This is absolutely beautiful! So descriptive, it's everything I could ever ask for in a limp!sam fic!

And you made Sam even limper with the infection, but it wasnt a normal infection! I loved all the Dean Guilt there, excellent stuff! My favourite chapter by far!

Cant wait for the next chapter!

-funky

p.s More Dean Guilt next chapter? *innocent smile*
carocali chapter 2 . 8/17/2007
Oh, poor Sam. He just is trying to leave Dean alone, and he makes things worse. Stupid, stubborn men! And now Dean is left with the possibility of losing his brother over an infection!

I like this explanation much better than the piss-poor job the show did. Plus it's more fun!

;D
imissmymind chapter 2 . 8/17/2007
I really like this story. Very well-written, very original. The subject is also very real. I just noticed I used the word "very" about a thousand times there, but I love your writing style and the progression of the story is quite natural. In short, beautiful and I'm looking forward to an update.
bally2cute chapter 2 . 8/17/2007
I don't know what to say, but aw...This has been sad and hurtful, but I'm hoping it won't be too little, too late. Maybe that's just the optimism in me. Excellent, excellent story either way though.
Stacee Phelps chapter 2 . 8/17/2007
Wow, the angst was so great! Great job with this chapter, and I love how guilty Dean is feeling in this and how he realizes that he has not been taking care of Sammy. Great job and I cannot wait for more.

~*~Stacee Phelps~*~
Nana56 chapter 2 . 8/17/2007
Your description of how Dean felt before he realized that Sam was sick is the best description of clinical depression I've ever read. Been there, done that. It brought it all back. The boy needs help.

He may want to help Sam, now, but he has to help himself before he can be any good to his brother.

Very well done!
friendly chapter 2 . 8/17/2007
even though you might not think it..you rock..awesome chapter
101 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »