Reviews for Perfect Insanity
tmntninjaturtlesfan chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
Too bad you didn't write a sequel.

I must admit, made me think of Assassin Leonardo.
Luthinea chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
...I had a feeling it was him, but not sure...It's creepy good! I want to read more!
Mikell chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Wow.

You had me going for a while. About the third time he mentioned perfection, I began to suspect Leo was the prisoner.

Good grief, the poor guy. And his poor family. This was certainly an interesting one-shot, if a little sad.

Rejoicing in the day,

-Mary
Miyo86 chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
Wow. Seriously freaky. At first I thought it was Raph, but then you mentioned 'Red'. Extremely interesting insights in this story, liked it alot!
Skybright Daye chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Br, Rene, this is shivery-good! Not least of all because, even in his madness, your Leonardo is still so terribly in-character. As is everyone else; I especially like the glimpse we get (through Leo's eyes) of Donatello. Still such a fixer, even in a situation like this one.

Definitely dark, but a pleasure to read nonetheless! :)

~Skybright
Swallowraven chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
I do love it when you go all dark and creepy on us. This was chilling. The word 'perfect' in the title and the narrator berating himself for 'failing' tipped me off pretty early on that this was Leo, but that didn't lessen the tension or the sense that the insane, hate-filled captive was truly someone to be feared. Because it was written so effectively,the tension and fear were enhanced with knowing it was Leo. Well done!
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
Wow! Great story so far. I knew it was Leo when I read further down, but at first I thought it was a Foot Ninja. Great job on this. I feel so sorry for Leo. Update soon. You are an awesome writer.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
1woof1 chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Yes its me again. Still Holy crap, I haven't stopped thinking about this fic since I read it. I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY MIND. I need some closure. Do you think you could continue this. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Sewer Slider chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
I actually read this a couple of days ago and was too lazy to leave a review - but here it is!

I really liked it. A nice testement to how Leo may go too far one day and how his brothers may restrain him. It was that part that I found quite heartbreaking - that they would have to do so. And what he said to Mike, about killing him first and thinking he was doing him a favour.

To keep in context with the other reviews, I realised it would be one of the turtles about a third of the way through and knew which one it was only after he had mentioned the others. But that did not detract in the slightest! Actually added to the fascination... how did things go so terribly wrong?

Great tale Rein. Hope you keep showing us how it should be done!
calliopechild chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
This was absolutely amazing. You're writing always is, but I loved this. It gave me creepy-chills of the highest caliber. I started getting an inkling about who it was the further I read, when I noticed Leo's absence among the narrator's mentions of the turtles, and as that little nagging feeling started in the back of my head. And honestly, I could see Leo snapping like this, finally breaking and shattering from all the pressure put on him and from Splinter's and his own expectations of perfection. I mean, after all, we all saw a foreshadowing of this after "Exodus", didn't we? Leo started...well, not turning on the others, but bearing down on them, chastising them for not having the same drive and focus as he did. He even took his anger out on Splinter, going so far as to attack him and draw blood. This was very well-written and believable, and I loved it. Your summary is absolutely spot-on perfect, by the way; I can honestly say that I could think of few people who would be more dangerous and scary-as-hell than a Leo that has lost his mind and inhibitions. Honestly, this was excellent, and thanks for another great read; I really hope I can write at the level that you do someday. :) Take care, and thanks again!
Elsiah chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Wow. That was some one-shot. I thought it was Leo from the beginning, though I wasn't positive of course. The obsession with detail and the observations, the careful planning and the preparation all screamed Leonardo to me. His thought process is definitely one of a mind that's snapped. Awesome job.
1woof1 chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
I blame Splinter. He put way too much pressure on him.
DW chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Wow, what an amazing story! I really enjoyed all the description and it was very gripping, especially being written from Leo's perspective. Ow, poor Raph. :(

I hope you do continue, I'd really like to know what pushed Leo over the edge into this state and how it's going to plan out! Pls do! :)

DW.
Donny's Boy chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Cold, creepy, cruel. I love the narrator's voice, especially given the context of who he turns out to be. And absolutely heart-breaking to think of the prisoner's captors in context.

Since others folks have mentioned it, I guessed about a third of the way in that the prisoner was family. About halfway in, I knew exactly who.

Perfection can, indeed, have a terrible price.
doc-trigger chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Very well done. I only had to read, like, one-third of it to figure out it was Leo, but I supposed that's because I sort of spoiled it for myself by skimming the other reviews. Anyway, I don't see Leo ever snapping, but hey, its a fanfic, and anything can happen, so you did a wonderfull job of making Leo go bonkers. I like it as a one-shot, but if you do choose to expand it, I'll be happy to read. ]

BYE!