Reviews for Mending of a Broken Heart
MinervasBibliophage chapter 5 . 8/2/2012
Again, they are easily reconciled. That was actually really short. I feel like with all the emotional upheaval in the previous chapters it would have been a lengthier process to get to a good place, not just two sentences. And I'm not really seeing how Hermione would be an outcast since it wasn't her fault and she's already being discriminated against for supposedly being a muggleborn. The same argument for Minerva (fighting against Voldemort) could be used for Hermione, and more effectively I might add since she's more proactively helping Harry. Also, with all the issues that they just had, and the almost eighteen year seperation, and the withholding information about having a daughter, I think Severus is kind of jumping the gun about getting married. I know that it won't be till the war is done, but they have a lot of crap to go through and being on opposite sides of the battlefield really isn't going to help their situation. This was a decent story, but I really felt like it could have been longer to bring it to a more complete close that fully addressed all the issues that they had. I understand that the story has to do with mending a broken heart and not the emotional upheavals of Hermione's life being a lie, but it would have been nice if you had briefly touched on that, or at least had the heart actually be mended. The symptoms were treated but it wasn't necessarily healed. Kudos for the excellent story.
MinervasBibliophage chapter 3 . 8/2/2012
I love how Hermione is telling Severus to go talk to Minerva and then adds at the end that they're going to have a long bonding session afterwards. That's fantastic. And especially the eye roll, that was great. I'm actually kind of surprised that Hermione hasn't been freaking out; I thought she was just being level-headed, but now I think would be the time to freak out. It's one thing to find that your favorite teacher and Head of House is your mother, and a complete other to find that your father is the school's most hated professor who was actually really mean to you. She must at least be having some inner turmoil over being lied to by her adoptive parents; not to mention the fact that she endured abusive prejudices for being a muggleborn when she's actually a half-blood. Unless, of course, this is just a side story that you won't be touching on to avoid an overdose of angst and keep from delving into psychology and stuff. That's okay too. But I really want Hermione and Severus to have a long bonding session; it sounds entertaining.
MinervasBibliophage chapter 2 . 8/2/2012
This was definitely an exciting chapter. It was relatively well-written though there were a couple of repetitive phrases. And I know this is really nit-picky, but your use of the word "dreamland" kind of threw me off. I can appreciate the alliteration of "drifted off to dreamland," but I just felt that the word didn't really fit the situation. Overall your piece is a rather serious affair, then at the end there's this single whimsical word that stands out incongruously from the rest of your diction. Sorry, I'm just being random and slightly OCD. Otherwise, you did an excellent job.
MinervasBibliophage chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
I totally agreed with Ron's assessment. The start was a bit sudden, but I do appreciate the fact that it was in media res since it gave the story a sense of urgency while the reader is trying to orient themselves in what's happening. It almost conveys the stress and panic that the characters are going through. Voldemort should be thoroughly ashamed of himself; he revealed this crazy secret and had Hermione in his grasp, an absolute stroke of luck, and then he just pansied out. And I have to give props to Hermione. She was in the clutches of the Darkest wizard of all time and just found out that her entire life is a lie, and yet she doesn't freak out; she calmly corrects herself when she refers to Minerva as her mentor. Talk about self-control. This is definitely an intriguing start to a promising story.
frozenfiery chapter 5 . 1/1/2011
i feel this story was well structured but i feel that it was rushed. hopefully we'll get more stories in the future! i love your sev/min ships! :)
Mrs Rodolphus Lestrange chapter 5 . 6/24/2010
OMG i love this story! I may have already reviewed it I'm not sure anyways it is awesome. You're really talented please continue writing.
Puppyluv09 chapter 5 . 12/23/2009
CUTE!
CYMKK09 chapter 5 . 8/6/2009
exciting and good story as you always did in other stories.
Midori Akita chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
just read chapter 1, that sounds exactly like ron

i always picture severus and minerva together...nice
McGonagallFan chapter 5 . 7/7/2008
The end? Oh...(sad face). Love it.
trulyamused chapter 4 . 9/14/2007
Love it. More soon please.

Truly
Lilith Kayden chapter 5 . 8/16/2007
A very interesting and moving story. I look forward to your next Update.

-Lilith Kayden
trulyamused chapter 5 . 8/15/2007
Excellent little story. I'm really looking forward to more.

Truly