Reviews for Nothing Gold Can Stay
The King in White chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
Honestly, this is deeply moving and one of the best one shots I've read.
Angelix.onix.luna chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
Cool
xLL-Ax chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
Wow. This was very inique and beautful, but also sad. I loved reading this. A new take on a minor character.
crimewaves chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
This is really gorgeous. It was very sad, I admit I got a bit teary when you reached the section about Grandfather. It's written in a style that I feel is lovely, and at times the imagery it brings to mind is almost terrible in its vividness. (The segments about war in particular come to mind.)

Strangely, one of the highlights for me in spite of all the other stuff done extremely well by this fic, was when it dealt with Yugito's treatment by villagers & such. I don't think we see jinchuuriki being mistreated in canon aside too badly from Gaara, & although lots of fans subscribe to the theory that Naruto was more than other'd by the villagers, I don't buy it. I'm not saying he wasn't mistreated, but he wasn't abused, and he did have Iruka & the Hokage. So I found those parts extremely interesting, & felt like they made me understand what being a jinchuuriki about be more like.

The only criticism I can give is that it at times veered into mellodrama, like the killed more people than stars have particles line. That's unlikely, but I suppose if anyone has a right to melodrama it would be Yugito.

I also found the one more death would give her love line to be very poignant, and I love that it started & ended on the same note. I'm not sure what that literary device is called, but I loved your use of it. Favouriting this.
ofsaltandsea chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
This is really beautifully written. Yugito was always one of the characters I wish had gotten more attention in canon, though I seriously doubt she would have been fleshed out as delicately as she was in this story. The line about the village taking her future from her was particularly striking, especially with the last line. Really well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
This is one of the deepest, most thought provoking things I've ever read, not just on this site, but ever!
Shiffer takuta chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
So sad, but somehow, i understand. I kinda like the sadness and the killing.
Dragonist chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
The river of death was a nice reference... I wish more people would write stuff like this. I'd rather read introspective tragedies than over powered travesties.
justplainrii chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
Incredible. Utterly incredible.

The way you wove the poems into the narrative, making them themes, motifs, and yet allowing them to stand on their own... Goodness ME. And Yugito's characterization is quite wonderfully and literally otherworldly.

Basically? I loved it. And I don't often love fic. I'm trying to find stories that force me to challenge my preconceptions and go "Hey, maybe it's not all bad."

Congrats. You're a challenger.
LooneyBird chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
that was sad but really good
xx QuietContemplation xx chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
This is quite possibly one of the most beautiful things I've ever read.
Yami Vizzini chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Wow. All the words were just sucked out of me. That's just... to think Naruto could have led this kind of "life"!

Excellent writing, though.
God of Static chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
That was so sad and so beautiful. I've always wanted to know the back stories of the other demon vessels and you write it in such a way you really, I don't know, feel for her. Something. It's hard to put into words. All I know is you made me really sad for her and wishing she had more of a chance for a story in the manga.

The description of the dead was brilliant/ I need to go and read more of your works now.
CrazyGirlofManyNames chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
Ah tragic, poor Yugito Nii, I just wished Kishimoto didn't have to kill her cause I would have liked to know more about her.
Senri chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
Ouch.

I'm one of those callous Akatsuki fans, I guess, but I liked Yugito a lot, and was really sad that she got taken out so early. However, if we'd got more background on her, maybe you wouldn't have had room in the canon to write this, so I feel like it's basically a fair trade. These are gorgeous. All of them. This story is painful, to a degree where.. well... it would've been basically impossible to read in one sitting. There was just no room for a canon-compliant happy ending here, I guess. I'm so glad you didn't pull your punches or soften anything in here.

And number 20 is agonizing. I love it. Seriously, thank you so much for posting this.