Reviews for Nothing Gold Can Stay
angelicana1230 chapter 1 . 6/20
I'm screaming, everything written by you has such meaning and is straight up fucking poetry, just holy shit, the way you visualizes yugito, and the way you write her is breathtaking, I honest to god have never had the experience to read about such a complex and different character, with such a morbid, yet in her situation, completely accurate way of thinking, this story and some of your others are, easily the best things I have ever read
Feiy chapter 1 . 5/8
This story blew me away, I'm not sure what I expected but I can tell you that this far surpassed it. Such a creative expansion on a character that was hardly touched upon.
calderas chapter 1 . 3/18
bittersweet & written beautifully.
i absolutely adored the timeline & the way you wrote this!
Nothing Gold Can Stay ( A poem by Robert Frost) btw look him up. This poem is also in the book "The outsider by S.E Hinton

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day
Nothing gold can stay.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/19/2015
This hella sad yo
The King in White chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
Honestly, this is deeply moving and one of the best one shots I've read.
Angelix.onix.luna chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
Cool
king-of-sass chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
Wow. This was very inique and beautful, but also sad. I loved reading this. A new take on a minor character.
crimewaves chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
This is really gorgeous. It was very sad, I admit I got a bit teary when you reached the section about Grandfather. It's written in a style that I feel is lovely, and at times the imagery it brings to mind is almost terrible in its vividness. (The segments about war in particular come to mind.)

Strangely, one of the highlights for me in spite of all the other stuff done extremely well by this fic, was when it dealt with Yugito's treatment by villagers & such. I don't think we see jinchuuriki being mistreated in canon aside too badly from Gaara, & although lots of fans subscribe to the theory that Naruto was more than other'd by the villagers, I don't buy it. I'm not saying he wasn't mistreated, but he wasn't abused, and he did have Iruka & the Hokage. So I found those parts extremely interesting, & felt like they made me understand what being a jinchuuriki about be more like.

The only criticism I can give is that it at times veered into mellodrama, like the killed more people than stars have particles line. That's unlikely, but I suppose if anyone has a right to melodrama it would be Yugito.

I also found the one more death would give her love line to be very poignant, and I love that it started & ended on the same note. I'm not sure what that literary device is called, but I loved your use of it. Favouriting this.
secondstardust chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
This is really beautifully written. Yugito was always one of the characters I wish had gotten more attention in canon, though I seriously doubt she would have been fleshed out as delicately as she was in this story. The line about the village taking her future from her was particularly striking, especially with the last line. Really well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
This is one of the deepest, most thought provoking things I've ever read, not just on this site, but ever!
Shiffer takuta chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
So sad, but somehow, i understand. I kinda like the sadness and the killing.
Dragonist chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
The river of death was a nice reference... I wish more people would write stuff like this. I'd rather read introspective tragedies than over powered travesties.
justplainrii chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
Incredible. Utterly incredible.

The way you wove the poems into the narrative, making them themes, motifs, and yet allowing them to stand on their own... Goodness ME. And Yugito's characterization is quite wonderfully and literally otherworldly.

Basically? I loved it. And I don't often love fic. I'm trying to find stories that force me to challenge my preconceptions and go "Hey, maybe it's not all bad."

Congrats. You're a challenger.
LooneyBird chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
that was sad but really good