Reviews for Scotch
Dark Roswellian Angel chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Okay, so did I miss something, or is he so drunk that he actually feels as though he said everything that was on his mind? Or is he so emotionally-backwards thanks to Manticore's training and time with psy-ops that he honestly thinks that's all he needs to say?

Good fic btw.
seventhprincess chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
this was really sweet, loved it :)
intstebri chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
Yes, I'm finally back on Earth...

And first things first: this review.

It was short in words, but so full of things that I really don't know by which I should start.

I liked Alex overview of his situation, very self-centered with just this bit of carying for the other that keep him Alex!

This: "It was with a detached sense of wonder that Alec remembered that these were his friends" was my prefered sentence, I think it was because he never question himself about if these people would or not agreed to be his friends! But maybe I'm seeing in it something which isn't there...

I really enjoyed Max banter with him too, very Max-like and the way I think she would answer to any apologies of Alex.

I will remember the scoth's effet next time I will have to apologise!

Thank you to have share this with us!
Babyangel86 chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
I like the insight into Alec... Its basic human instinct, wanting to be alive... so I can understand the intermingled guilt and gratitude he feels at the situation.

Perhaps with time, he'll get the courage to properly apologise to max and logan...

great writing tho!
Griever chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
First things first.

ML LICKING WHIPPED CREAM OFF EACH OTHER IN A BATH TUB!

It's nice to see regretful Alec, they never really addressed that in the show. And if they did, this would be the way they would do it.

Also like the way Alec's sort of conflicted with what he has learnt in Manticore and what he has to un-learn now.

Beautiful!
Mari83 chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
(Funny, I had somehow thought that this was an Alec-challenge when I read it:-)

So many great observations and so many things I would have liked to see in S2 that were only hinted at (if at all): How a former imprisoned full-time soldier discovers the up and downsides of life outside (fun and interesting concept), Alec probably having even more haunting memories of Manticore than Max, his bad consciousness about how things are between Max and Logan…

I really like the casual tone of this, it fits the cool Alec-image. And somehow it works for not letting the serious topics of him trying to numb his emotions become too gloomy and makes a slightly (?) drunk Alec trying to figure out the sense of life fun to read without being ridiculing. (Seems I'm a bit long-phrasedly inarticulate today:-/)

"He liked seeing familiar faces; it kept him from feeling so lost."

Simply well-phrased.

"The fact that his presence seemed to annoy Max was just the icing on the cake."

Sounds just perfectly like Alec.

"Maybe he was transferring the loyalty he felt for Manticore or something"

Makes sense that someone raised as a soldier would try to rationalize his feeling

"He told a joke and she laughed and he looked at her like her laughter was the most beautiful thing he had ever known."

So wonderfully sweet. Always love to see the M/L relationship from the outside

"The director had given him clear orders: allow 452 to think she was escaping, help her find a way out, put on enough of a show with the x-7s to make it believable, and follow her to the target’s location."

I’ve always been way too occupied with catching the few Logan moments to think of such plot-elements:-)

I’m hoping next week’s challenge will inspire you too :-)
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Ah, finally I'm able to log-in and review. ;)

Great chapter - with just the right mixture of drama and humor and even a bit M/L-ness. I really enjoyed it. Excellent work and beautifully written!

THANKS.
Moonlite Star chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
lol loved it.

i dont suppose max really knew what he was thanking her for, which made it all the better.

great job! :)
ApplePie chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
You know, i'm a pretty hardcore M/A shipper... but you're stories are so awesome i'm willing to overlook it. Lol. Love it.
annie200 chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Hey this was great. You have the complexity of Alec's character, and you manage to convey the whole Max/Logan dynamic with a few well chosen words. Excellent.
lisa316 chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
A Max/Logan love story, but all about Alec...NOBODY will read this one!