Reviews for Safe in her Arms
Nemrut chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
These type of stories are always hard to read, since there is this default sadness of having anyone, especially someone you care about, live through such harsh conditions. Still, it was well handled and you conveyed her emotions.

Thank you for sharing this.
Lightningbolt chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
Nice
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
It's funny. I tried my hardest to depict the Cass/Steph relationship in my own writing a few weeks back and I found I really had to work to take out the romantic undercurrents that I happened to be writing. That being said, you did a fine job presenting two people with handicaps and working together to overcome them and that was a big aspect of the Cass/Steph relationship. Awesome job.
Swift chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
Wow, this is really good. Somehow I didn't expect Cass to be so gentle and caring in that way-it was sweet. A more critical part of me would wonder what Stephanie would do when Cass went out at night, but here you had Cass quit her roof-jumping. I can barely see that happening, but the emotional way you wrote Steph and Cass together convinced me that Cass *would* give up Batgirl for her girlfriend.

"They did get a lot of stares at the movie. But that was probably due less to Steph's presence than it was to the fact that the sight of a blonde teenage girl in an power wheelchair, with an asian teenage girl sitting in her lap and feeding her popcorn in between make-out sessions, was probably a very unusual sight in movie theaters. "

I LOVED that _

Great fic, I'm glad that I read it!
blah chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
I like this so far. However, most patients who suffer an injury between C4 and C5 still retain some arm movement, but no hand or fingers.
Puddytangel chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
This story is beautiful. I loved reading it.
Jake Williams chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Enjoyable. I definitely felt real warmth in the relationship between the two. It was definitely shocking to learn that Black Mask (a character I never really gave much regard) was the cause of Steph's situation. Thanks for this interesting snapshot of complex life outside the battle arena.

All in all I have to say that the linguistic skill here is far beyond what I usually see in FanFics, but some small critique:

There were a couple awkward adjectives peppered throughout the story. For instance "Steph had moved into the accessible apartment ". By this do you mean literally wheelchair-accessible, or that it serves the girls' purposes well? Because "accessible" in a non-literal context means "easily understandable", not "useful".

The part about "It had become somewhat of a morning ritual for her" would be better as "someTHING of a morning ritual". There is no confusion for the girls about "what" it had become, the word is just added in as a verbal embellishment, so use the grammatically accepted "something of a".

The sentence "a blonde teenage girl in an power wheelchair, with an asian teenage girl sitting in her lap and feeding her popcorn in between make-out sessions" though definitely entertaining, might benefit from retooling, starting with the unintentional error of "AN power wheelchair".