Reviews for A New Hand for a New Century: An EightCard Deck
Drakena the Destroyer chapter 40 . 1/5/2011
Konichi wa.

I finally finished reading this. It was good and the fight scenes were intense. Most of the story was enjoyable, perhaps some things were a little hard to follow, but I did get what was going on. As for the Jekyll/OC relationship, to be honest, I can't say that I liked it, but I don't hate it either. Daria was okay as a character fitting into the plot and her relationship with Jekyll didn't seem too mushy-gushy like those other Jekyll/OC stories. Difficult to describe my thoughts about it, I probably just can't find myself interested in that pairing for LXG fan fiction. I suppose it's how some people feel about slash and I really like slash. Still, I found this story good and I might read the other LXG/Stargate: SG-1 crossovers when I can.

Drakena the Destroyer chapter 30 . 12/16/2010
Konichi-wa.

Well, most of the story seems okay. The Stargate stuff does work well with M's evil plans such as using alien DNA and technology. Hmm... you've seem to have captured the characters nicely, especially when it comes to the inner demons bit. I mentioned before that the Tom/Mina pairing is alright, I'm not really picky about pairings and slash ones included. However, pairings that involve an OC are ones that I never took interest in. Daria is okay as a complex character, her abilities might be a bit over the top with the combination of transformation, telepathy, telekinesis, and super speed and strength. Most Jekyll/OC stories I've seen were not very good, but your story is at least not cliche like those other stories, so it's good.

I'll read the rest of your story when I can. Hopefully my critique has been insightful.

Drakena the Destroyer chapter 21 . 12/12/2009
Konichi wa.

(sigh) How do I start? Perhaps I'll be honest, what I've read so far is alright, it's pretty much the plot of the movie with Stargate stuff added in. Even though I'm not into Stargate: SG-1, I do understand the references since I have seen reruns of the show. I might read more of this when I can, but I admit that I'm not really fond of Jekyll/OC pairings in the LXG fan fiction. Even though I'm not interested in the pairings, of course I don't mind the Mina/Tom pairing, I think your writing style is okay.

wicked-n-lazy chapter 40 . 3/12/2008
Well, I finally finished reading (I said I would!) And I loved the whole interpretation made from the novelisation. Well written, my friend, and now I shall move onto the next!
WhiteladyofGont chapter 40 . 2/8/2008
That was amazing! Really loved your version of LXG!

I must echo a lot of people here when I say I really hope Daria and Jekyll get to be together.

I'm looking forward to reading the sequel!
fennecfox03 chapter 40 . 2/6/2008
Wow. Great story! It was well written and I loved every moment of it.

I can't wait for the sequel!

-Fennecfox03
Skunk and Hedgehog chapter 40 . 2/6/2008
At last, the ending is here. But I am not sad, because I know you will offer us more delightful stories.

I had only one complaint:

The ending was very abrupt and fast, as well as a little informal. I could not imagine Mina hugging Daria good-bye, nor everybody accept so easily for Daria to be leaving. And they were very complacent for letting her go. And, Bond appeared too quickly, while everything was piled on.

But, other than that, I loved the ending. Daria's departure was depressing, because I know Jekyll would be torn. I sincerely hope they meet again (I know they will).

Although, I am a little startled that they would find Martians odd, since they have been allied with an alien from the future.
Miss Quartermain chapter 40 . 2/5/2008
You rock so hard I could cry! Can't wait for the next one!
Master of the Boot chapter 40 . 2/5/2008
Hey, as with always, you took the original soup of LXG and added a few new ingredients to make it better. I loved that Skinner was actually a spy. It just added a whole new measure of depth to the story and Skinner.

It was good of the league to turn down Bond's offer. I haven't read the comcis but I haven't heard anything good from that fat sack of shit.

I look forward to the further adventures of Daria Noclaf. I don't know what draws me to her.

Ta

Good luck with homework.

Master of teh very flattered Boot
Cranberries chapter 40 . 2/5/2008
Aww so sweet and yet sad. I do hope Daria and Jekyll get back together.
Skunk and Hedgehog chapter 39 . 1/31/2008
Oh, this was a sad scene. And you did it justice.

The other part with Jekyll, Nemo, and Daria were also done extremely well. Your language to convey the emotions and actions were incredibly nice.

I have nothing but praises for this chapter. and I eagerly await the next chapters, and next fic. Great job, my dear.
Master of the Boot chapter 39 . 1/30/2008
Well here's the scoop, however belayed.

Your fight with Hyde and Dante-beast was very good. Daria fit in there like a piece of a puzzle. Good save on her part with Nemo. My one criticism was that it was a bit short.

Other than that this story was up to your personal standards.

I like the part where Dante changes back to a man before being crushed. In the movie they talked about him burning up the potion too fast but didn't show it. THank you for doing what should have been done.

Ta

Master of teh Boot
Miss Quartermain chapter 39 . 1/29/2008
No! Allan! Darn him! Ok, that said, FABULOUS CHAPTER MY GOSH YOU ROCK! *ahem* you got the title from the Penguin Christmas Caper on the Madagascar DVD, didn't you? "Yes Rico, Kaboom."
Skunk and Hedgehog chapter 38 . 1/22/2008
First off, thank you very much for the clarification. It certainly did help me.

Second, wonderful job again. I have mentioned this before, but I simply love how you add things in; it is difficult to perfectly translate movies into books or vise versa, but you do it well, and your additions or subtractions do not change the story too much.

In other words, well done, my dear.
Miss Quartermain chapter 38 . 1/22/2008
Girl power, Mina! Whoot! And go Skinner! You heroic thief, you!