Reviews for Taming The Beast
Disney's Darling chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
"I happen ta be everything blokes of his social caste are supposed ta consider unsuitable in a paramour: a scion of lower-class stock, a 'colored' half-gypsy, a male. All in a very pretty package."

I'm sure I've seen these paraphrased words on the POTC TV Tropes Headscratchers page; definitely seen the exact words "and all in a very pretty package" on the same page. Did you write that or are you borrowing someone else's phrase? (Not accusing you of plagiarism, just curious.) I'm loving this, BTW; hello, all-nighter...
Caleigho Meer chapter 5 . 12/14/2010
Now, this was a masterful tale, from Jack and Beckett's interaction, to Jack's internal workings. Wonderful job!
ForeverACharmedOne chapter 5 . 2/24/2010
Wow...this story is amazing. I've never really read any Jack/Beckett back stories, usually due to the mutual slash involved and I just don't see Jack reciprocating any slashy feelings on Beckett's end. And Beckett totally would. Oh...he has never given me the creepy shivers until now. Every reason why HE would feel lust for Jack makes complete sense.

I love every chapter, I'm just sorry it's so short and now over and done with. I wasn't able to find the Gaol picture unfortunately, so I'll have to stick to my imagination for images to go along with your writing. :) Great job, mate!

-Forever-
volando voy chapter 5 . 3/31/2009
I don't usually bother with Beckett stories, but this was very, very well done. Just the right amount of creepiness, and with lovely details on the relationship between the characters.
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 4 . 3/16/2009
Read your story last night and it has some fabulous insights into their relationship. You brought me to the knees of my heart when you wrote the gaol scene with Beckett stroking Jack's body-ohmyword! How vile and addicted to his strange little mindset. Comparing Jack to a wilder beastie who requires domination, gross! Jack's not above or opposed to whatever paths he picks- but having that restriction placed on him and having Beckett flaunt it in front of everyone, telling Jones etc was so sick. Compassrose is dead on-Mr. Lord Cutler Beckett is a Grand Villian-and we (meaning me)should have respect for him, well written as he is and is in your story. Excellent work, Miz SharkLady! Hats off.

- pearlseed
pearlseed chapter 4 . 8/12/2008
Miz JLW, why aren't you something? I don't usually read anything at all with Cutler Beckett-his cruelty and ego just stop it for me. Then, here's your story with him being vile beyond thinking to my beloved and I devoured each word, loving even the hurt in your story becos it was presented in such a engaging manner. I loved how you writ of Jack's ability to rise above, to sacrifice his dignity to allow his enemy's disgusting touch so that he would eventually be free. I love the clouds at the end of his escape and Cutler Beckett's final acceptance that Jack could not, would not be tamed-so he must be destroyed. You make tasty descriptions of Jack's skin, punctuated, I believe is what you said-now that's lucious-feels so very right. Lovely pacing, conflict sharp and compelling. You have created a right delicate flavor, no gross strokes here, just delicious, pain aluded to much more impressive than a slice and beat laundry list. Thank you for your hard work.
awhiffofamortentia chapter 5 . 7/2/2008
Great story- very well written!
orpsgod chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Very nice and insightful with all the characters. I can picture them thinking just this way. Beckett and Jack's former run ins are very believable. Wonderfully done. Too bad it had to end! :)
mamazano chapter 5 . 4/25/2008
Excellent! Loved it all the way through. You did a wonderful job tying together all the loose ends of AWE.

My favorite part of the movie is when Jack says, "Fire." He has such a satisfied look on his face. Now I know why...
mamazano chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Excellent story so far! Wow, your Beckett is chilling but Mercer! Shivers up my spine.

Love that Jack is able to best him. Looking forward to reading the rest.
Asher Elric chapter 5 . 2/25/2008
Nice. Jack has his revenge! how beautifully poetic!

Loved this. You do yoursefl justice with these fics. A good read if there was any.
Asher Elric chapter 4 . 2/25/2008
Nothing personal he says...ha!

Liked it as always.
Asher Elric chapter 3 . 2/25/2008
Jack is quite good, not saying anything to make them suspect him. Something I figure we all must do, if ya know what I mean.
Asher Elric chapter 2 . 2/25/2008
Nicely done. I enjoyed this.
Asher Elric chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
This was amusing, I definantly liked it.

I guess this would be considered a 'get Jack' fic! *lol*

What did you research for the historical aspects of this first chapter?