Reviews for Ripples
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Kat, I know what a Valian year is. It is NOT a form of measurement the Sindar or Silvan elves of Middle earth used. They meaured time in ennin which equated to 144 solar years. That would be the unit of measure Legolas would have used.

Thanks for your interest in the story!
Kat chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
While this doesn't really matter or significantly affect your marvelous stories, but I'm pretty sure that a Valian year (which I think you are referring too here and in your story with Pippin, "To Represent the Elves"?) is actually 9.582 solar years, not 144. I may be mistaken or you may just be referring to something I don't know about, and now you just know how long Valian years are as well :D I'm really loving all your fics, please never stop!
Glory Bee chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
I am a big fan of your stories and I liked the genealogy you created for Legolas. Not sure why Tolkien left holes in some important lineages. A very touching encounter between Melian and Legolas.
CrowsMagick chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
I'm loving your writings. I have to be honest and say I never read past The Hobbit, but your writings are bringing to life a world that fascinates me, so I suppose I should dust off my collection.

It would be great if you could combine the one-shots into single files. I've 4 browser windows open here trying to read everything in its proper order!

Thanks for sharing your gift!

Kelly
Michelle chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Just counted the votes (I decided to jump into the fray) and am happy to say that "Ripples" won second place. I found the "pairing" quite interesting and you had me guessing for quite a while who the mystery woman was:)

Michelle
lotrelves chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
That genealogy confuses me. XD It's ok, though, genealogy usually does.

Loverly story, though.
The Queen of Confusion chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Every thing would have been great with out the family tree. Although that is just my opion. That is probley because I have a hard time underdtanding this kind of stuff. Oh well. Every one else probley got it. I'm just slow that way. Great little story!

SARAH
rosybell chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
The tides of time...or ripples as it seems to be in this case, but never mind that this is trully a beautiful peice. I would say that it is rather amazing how they can communicate so well, despite having so many things different. But, common experiences can bring people together...as friends.

-MtI
Lillz chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
i thought it was Aragorn and Arwen at first, but it's not, is it? t'is Luthien and Beren.. oh, goosebumps..

Legolas.. and speaking to him.. Melian? yep!

this is sad, but sweet at the same time. so much loss, but healing to be found

this is one lovely story, NiRi. congrats xx
Anearin chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
Well I did try to figure out who was who but it was confusing... lol a rather nice little oneshot though. (Havent gotten round to reading the Simirilian yet..) so it was a tad confusing at first I though Legolas was talking to Celebrian then to Galadriel... then I find out it was someone completely different... ahh well never mind..

How is the housework comming?

Anea

P.S. Isnt Lorien in Middle earth?
Little Star chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
It is wonderful, I love it.
Elflingimp chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Niri I really enjoyed that! I get a visual of Legolas talking to Melian in the casual way you portrayed them and its kinda sweet the way they were exchanging information between them.
Old Not Used chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
I liked it. but very confusing family tree!
AqufIrindiglo chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Nice story.

Join the movement to stop flaming. The notorius flamer(Flame Rising:1223755) is going to flame(insulting review) again. Make sure it isn't your story by blocking FR and help put a stop to flaming with a mega-block(majority ends up blocking flamers). See other flamers to block in 'Make a Splash' forum in *General forums*
Ellynn chapter 1 . 8/17/2007