Reviews for Finding a home in Mithlond
Lady Celeborn x Haldir chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
this is an absolutely fantastic story - this is my fifth time reading it!
I agree Elrond is a very complex character!
I also thoroughly enjoyed how you used many of the lesser known characters like Celeborn for instance (who just happens to be my favourite character) and included them in your stories.
I am a follower and lover of all your writings and I can't wait until chapter 23 of departures and arrivals is up! love that story! hopefully Celeborn and Haldir will feature in it again soon!
You are brilliant, keep it up!:)
Raynagh chapter 48 . 11/22/2013
I just love this story! This is the third time I've read it and I'll follow with the rest of the series now. Your characters seem so very real and likable.
Ocne chapter 19 . 6/7/2013
''Sarniel's trial had been divisive.''
I wondered if you would mention Sarniel again. The detail about the trial and its effects are interesting.

"Image your Mother at her most protective and multiple her by six. Six overprotective guardians!" Elrond lamented.
Well, now, Elrond, should you really be complaining? LOL

''Cirdan had taken the unprecedented step of announcing the impending danger to those left on the island.''

''He had confided in Thranduil that his sole goal for the evening was to ensure that his brother was duly inebriated.''
Elros! How very... human of you!

The celebration was lovely! It was good to see everyone back and enjoying themselves. The contrast between Elrond and Elros is riveting. Wow. And it was good to see several previous story lines been mentioned.
Good work!
Ocne chapter 18 . 6/6/2013
"I wish to see you reach your majority according to the count of elves. With what has happened to you in the span of a single year, I am not sure that I have the stamina to survive the next twenty five years."
LOL. Now, now, Cirulian, keep your stamina up! Elrond is, probably, just starting his 'adventures'.

"Elrond, I couldn't bear the thought of losing you." Elros whispered.
"I could not imagine life without you either." Elrond admitted.
That's... sad.

"Even I could not keep him from harm." Elros lamented.
I can't stop thinking that he could have helped his brother to heal quicker during their captivity, if only he had had the desire to alleviate Elrond's pain sooner.
Ocne chapter 17 . 6/5/2013
"Your brother healed the Queen with such a touch. It was a near thing." Cirulian observed. "You have the healing touch too?" Elros blinked and withdrew his hand staring at it in wonder.

Huh? Elros too? *Gapes at the screen*
Good idea, though! Since 'the hands of the king are the hands of the healer'. I have never thought about Elros being able to heal, but it really makes sense.
Ocne chapter 16 . 6/4/2013
''Elros stared at the package for a second before opening it. It was not quite long enough to be a sword. Besides, he knew that his brother would be unlikely to give him any kind of weapon.''
Nice detail. And then Elros, of course, gives him a bow.

First the children with their : "Little elf. You have to be a man to be our uncle.", then the men ("Delicate little elf!"). It's said gently enough, but they are singling him out. Elrond seems exasperated by this now. I wonder how he would feel if such comments should continue throughout his stay.
Ocne chapter 15 . 6/2/2013
"I can do better than that. Together we can describe their care and begin to write a book of medicinal herbs."
Wow! When he starts to help, he doesn't do things by halves.

"You are very pretty boy." The large man cooed, grasping his wrist in bruising hold. He pulled Elrond towards the alleyway.
And Gil-Galad wondered, only in the last chapter, if it were safe for an elf to remain among men. His concerns were justified.

"I would establish a kingdom of Men, where people would be safe and able to pursue other things besides being a warrior. Where men with interests in healing, like you, could study and the arts, music and lore could flourish." Elros smiled and proceeded to describe his vision of a perfect settlement for men.
Ah Elros, Elros. It is a beautiful dream. A pity, that it is only a dream. I, for one, would love to see such a ''kingdom of Men''.

Nice description of Elrond's future haven.
And it seems that he was happier with Gil-Galad and the elves.

Great chapter, Oleanne.
Ocne chapter 14 . 6/2/2013
"Help is coming." Elros and Elrond said in unison, much to the surprise around the table. Even Ereinion looked at them in amazement. Elros continued.
I loved this, Elrond and Elros answering together, and being so sure that their father's plight has been answered.

"Eärendil with a Silmaril in his grasp sails his ship in the night sky to signify the Valar's promise of aid."
Beautiful. Is this Tolkien's? I read Silmarillion once, years ago, and admit that I forgot most of it.

"Yet, they were not welcomed into Aman." Elros explained his voice shook with anger and indignation. "It is clear what the Valar think of peredhil." Ereinion for the first time since he was an elfling stood speechless. He crossed over and sat between the two grieving boys, placing one arm over each of them.
I really, really love the way you write Gil-Galad.

"Perhaps, it is our lot to make the best of what we have, to live well, to use our talents for good." Elrond said softly.
And I wholeheartedly agree!

And I decided that it was much more pleasant to read than to write, at least for a little while.
AmazingWriter123 chapter 48 . 5/30/2013
It was so beautifully written, spanning roughly thirty years of Elrond's life. (If my maths is correct).
I was so happy Indiriel did not pass into Mandos, that would have been a pity.
It took me three days to finish it, which was excellent, because I hate it when such good reads come to an end quickly.
Good work!
Ocne chapter 13 . 5/27/2013
"I left because I longed to see the world while I still had the strength.''
How sad. Wanting to see if there was any kindness in the world before he died. I'm glad he found it and lived.

''You are such an elf!'' / ''Wash up and braid your hair like a Man, lest you appear to be some elven child.'' / ''Ríanna made you these. They are fit for a prince of Men. Wear them tonight.''
Well done, Oleanne! Elros leaps off the page (the screen, in this instance) with his views, his opinions and his care for Elrond made very clear in a single, brief conversation. Wow.

"You can not truly believe that we peredhil will be accepted among Elves! Elves are duplicitous and treacherous. They are kinslayers with no honor!" He spit the words out venomously.
My goodness. What would Elrond feel, should he learn of this discussion?

I love the way Gil-Galad deals with Elros' bitterness.
Ocne chapter 12 . 5/27/2013
"How did I gain the Peredhel's loyalty and allegiance?" Ereinion thought. "Surely, I do not deserve such a sacrifice. I did not protected him at Sirion."
Ah, Gil-Galad, don't you know the power kindness has on one starved for affection?

I loved your take on Elrond's healing abilities. He should be trained to be, I don't know - a channel?, and not give away his own strength. Or he won't last long as a healer.
Ocne chapter 11 . 5/27/2013
''(...)yet she was feisty and had a wicked sense of humor, which was apparently inherited by Erestor. It was only in this relaxed setting that Elrond had glimpsed this side of his new friend.''
Well written. Now I definitly want to see more of Erestor in the chapters to come.

"It is true that men and dwarves have shorter lifespans, but just because they are different does not mean that we can't forge friendships. We do not shun the butterfly even if its life is short.''
Aaah. But do we befriend one? Would we, if we could? Can one wish to let one's heart suffer a new loss with each new season?
Ocne chapter 10 . 5/26/2013
Cirdan sighed. "I wish that both of Eärendil's sons will find some measure of happiness in this world no matter to which kindred they chose to cling.''
Well said! I agree wholeheartedly.

''To our shame, the Edain appear to be more accepting of differences than we Elves. ''
Strange indeed, but I like your version of the events.

Ah, both Erestor and Selig in the same chapter. What a treat.
Ocne chapter 9 . 5/26/2013
It was nice to see Selig once more.

''In strength he was at a distinct disadvantage.''
Of course he is. He is hardly more than a child, yet.

Oh, Cirulian! Glad to see him again. His regrets and protectiveness are most welcome. And I'm glad that you didn't make one of your characters slay Sarniel right then and there.

"There are but two peredhil left. This stain on Elf purity can be easily purged now before it is too late."
Oh my. I Wonder what Gil-galad will say to this.
Ocne chapter 8 . 5/26/2013
''He doubted that a Fëanorian would have made it past the guards but of course the elf who was responsible for the poisoning of the boy was still at large.''

The sadist in me... Erm... I mean, the angst-lover in me is really glad to see that plot point come back.

The wedding was lovely, Oleanne.