Reviews for I Have Fought the Good Fight
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
This is a really good story about faith. Jewel did have a lot of faith in Aslan.
Follower of Aslan chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
"And this is our reward: that we who have served Aslan, the one who we all have longed to appear, can now spend the rest of eternity with the One we love.

The One we serve.

And the One for whom we fought the good fight."

You couldn't have ended this any better...awesome, awesome, awesome fic
Starsy Skye chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
Very nice! You've captured Jewel's voice quite well; it's so very Jewelish. *grin* Yup - he's right up there with Reepicheep and Puddleglum when it comes to that good ol' Narnian loyalty. *beam*

I had always thought that Jewel had been killed in the last battle as well, and your take on what his thoughts might have been seem very likely! *another grin* Great job!

Cozy slippers,

Starsy Skye
Violamom chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Oh, this is truly lovely, Petra! Such peace in the midst of the horrors of battle could only come from the Lion. This is heartfelt, moving and beautifully written. Congrats on finally honoring your favorite Narnian!

God bless! :-)
Inkling Astrophel chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Lovely, Petra. I'm glad I wasn't aware of this piece, or I might have been far too intimidated to venture into Jewel's thoughts :). There's a reason the unicorn's my favorite character in the Chronicles, and thank you for capturing that so eloquently.
MerrytheHobbit chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
Very good! I enjoyed this!
Swanwhite2 chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
This is beautiful! The verse fits the scene very well. I especially like that last bit. Sorry for not reviewing this earlier.
E. C. Peters chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
*bawls*

that was brilliant, petra. *claps*
Val Evenstar chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Good story. Beatuifully written. "For I do not think I could have lived with myself had I passively stood by and done nothing to fight this evil spreading across my beloved country." - sent chills up my spine. Great job; thanks for writing this.
preciousjewl chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Hey Petra, I really wanted to thank you for writing this, because Jewel is one of my favorite characters also, hence my name. ;-) I had wanted to write, or find something quite like this, and as I am no writer myself, it was wonderful finally finding this short tidbit. Thanks again.

-P.J.
Bat'Arieh chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Yeah, Petraverd! I am glad you have found a first piece for your favorite character. And Aslan's words to Jewel are just right, just what he, and many others, lived their whole lives to hear. To read it is an inspiring reminder.
elecktrum chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
A noble piece and very fitting for Jewel. It would make perfect sense that he lost his life during the course of the battle since he came through the stable door later than the others. Bravo Zulu!
BabyBeaver chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Awesome, once again.

I'll have to reread The Last Battle (correct book, yes?), because I don't remember that part. o.o I should reread the whole series, actually, even though I've read all seven books at least three or four-possibly five times each. ;

But hey. Never hurts to reread, right?

The last sentence reminds me of the Matthew passage (26? 28?) about the sheep and the goats, just like one of your other...poems? I can't remember if it was a poem or not, but it reminded me of Matthew. Nice job. D
bean chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
That was so good! I loved it! I was almost crying at the end, but it was such a sad, happy, wow this is good almost crying. :) I loved the end especially! Good job! God bless!