Reviews for With Everything I Have
Avalon Kore chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
This is amazing. I've been looking at the clip of Snape's memory in movie lately and it was so sad. I found Lily's response about it very realistic, and the comparison to Hermione and Harry's relationship is very nice. :)
LadyLegolasinlove chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
oh my gosh...I'm getting emotional,and starting to cry from just reading this! So good!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
This fits perfectly with my ideas about Lily and James and Severus. I think she saw him as a magical sibling. James was her beau — after he'd grown up!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Excellent! But he did change for love of Lily.
rz chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
this is perfect. :')

I really love it. The genre should be Angst because it is really sad, but very beautiful.
Eponymy91 chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
I'm going to spam the first part of this review with a reply to the A/N, just because in some convoluted way, it might end up answering your upset-ness (even though it was 2 years ago :P). I'm kinda also doing it for myself. So before even HBP came out, I read a theory somewhere on mugglenet that Snape was in love with Lily, and at that time I was just like, 'huh, possible, but not plausible...but it would fit, strangely', and I was happy nevertheless because I knew Lily ended up with James, and that meant that he not only grew out of his douchebaginess, but that he was good to begin with, only a little arrogant. Besides, I could relate to the whole screaming-at-boy-I-secretly-like-but-wish-he'd-grow-up-thing, because it happened to me. So when I read the Prince's Tale, my reaction was only 'whaddaya know! Mugglenet was right!" and that was it, because I never considered the possibility that someone like Lily would marry someone else for spite or out of sadness, and especially not marry someone who was marrying HER out of spite. They were sacred. And Snape, while a hero in one way, was still irredeemable in most other ways, only a few of the many reasons for that being - he would have been fine with Harry and James dying (how petty can you get? A baby? Really? James saved your life and you're just okay with him gone because the woman you're obsessed with loves him?); he thought he could win over Lily by gaining power, which means he never really understood her, and was only obsessed with her; he was cruel to Harry: He may have been James's kid, but he was Lily's son too, for god's sake! If you were such a best friend, don't you think it was your duty to make things easier for the young kid - don't you think Lily would have wanted that? Strike two on the understanding Lily front...keeping him alive is not the same as just making the 11-year-old before Voldemort came back miserable; he was cruel to Neville and Hermione, which was just bitter and dark and screams small person, and discriminatory with Lupin, which was just downright petty; the bit where he tore the photograph and seperated the letter was creepy, in my opinion, not adorable like some people seem to think; etc. etc. etc. And when Harry grinned when Ron was ruffling his hair like James, it just all resolved in my mind, because that meant Harry had accepted that James was wonderful, kind of idiotic though he may have been when he was 15 (I may be biased because I know absolutely wonderful boys who grew into and out of being idiots around that age). I never needed a redemption or a reconciliation because it was all there: the guy turned into an Animagus for his best friend, instead of discriminating against him, hated the Dark Arts and died fighting them. Does that take a bad person or an extraordinarily good one? (Not to mention, Lily loved him, and he fathered Harry :P He had to have passed on more than just his looks. I write off Dumbledore's 'deeper nature' comment as his attempt to pacify Snape.)

Then I came to deviantart and :\ Snape/Lily pictures and fans started to get to me and I forgot the original reasons for my peace with the whole thing (those pictures are DISTURBING!). And then I got them back. But now I take every opportunity to help the delusional ones see the light :P

There. That had only a tangent to do with the actual story, which I'll review now :D It's very beautifully written, and holds a completeness that very few such small pieces can hold. The bit where Lily reaches up to wipe her tears and then clenches her hand was particularly painful and lovely. The dialogue was succinct and real and beautiful. I can't wait to get to your other stories in time...I hope you'll have written more since this, and I'm eager to see how your writing's grown, because it's clear you have a lot of talent. Thank you for this piece. :) It was a pleasure to read. And sorry about the tangent, I go into them all the time, you can just ignore it :D
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Excellent! I love the idea that harry gets closure regarding james, especially when he'll probably be a father fairly soon himself. Way too explore an issue that really needed to be resolved! Strong piece! The ending when james tells harry that he's strong enough to not need the stone is really a great touch!
Jemma Blackwell chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
This was uber cool!
Shychick chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
AMAZING...
Memory King chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Excellent work!
SweetSouthernGal chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
I really don't think Harry would go back...I think he really wanted all of it to be over...and I think him not caring about going back for it is part of what made him the True Master of Death...however, no one's perfect- and him going back was the best way for you to accomplish what you wanted in this stroy...I really like it, it's very powerful...wonderful job...I'm adding it to my oneshot C2, and I'm going to reccomend it to the Reviews Lounge C2...
ARH567 chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
This brought tears to my eyes. What? Fanfiction isn't supposed to do that!
petites sorcieres chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
LOVE IT! So sad!
Ieyre chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
Very touching. This is a scene I would have loved in the book as well, though I suppose some mysteries had to be left open...James/Lily never got fully explained, I agree with you. There's a lot of James!Hate these days, which bothers me, because he's Harry's DAD, not a Death Eater.
LaElBa chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
Oh, that was great. It really it fit well into the story and helped to explain a lot of things.

Nicely done!