Reviews for In the Words of Ginevra Molly Potter
wrappedinharry chapter 20 . 10/22/2010
I do admit that a lot of the story irritated me; the main thing being that Ginny seemed to find everything out before Harry, but the ending was very beautiful. And if Harry doesn't mind that his heart was usually one step ahead of him, then I shouldn't worry either.
wrappedinharry chapter 19 . 10/21/2010
Gryffindor must have had a perfect season when Harry was playing because the only match they lost was when the dementors made him fall off his broom and of course the times he couldn't play. So I think his 6th year must have been perfect because they won with Ginny playing seeker. Probably even his 5th year, even though Ron was so pathetic for most of the season and Harry, George and Fred were banned.
wrappedinharry chapter 17 . 10/21/2010
Luna is in Ginny's year, yes, but that does not mean she is still underage. Hermione is ten months older than Harry but they are in the same year. Luna could have turned 17 during the year.
wrappedinharry chapter 15 . 10/20/2010
How on earth could fred and george work out that the trio had been at the Lovegoods' when they only saw Xeno being led away by two DEs?
wrappedinharry chapter 13 . 10/19/2010
Somehow I knew Ginny would be the only weasley to really suffer during the interrogations after the wedding. I feel to read on will just reveal that Ginny's time at Hogwarts will be ten times more horrific than anything the trio will go through throughout the year and will trump Harry having to walk calmly to his death at the hands of Voldemort. Snape was there tos top anything truly horrific from happening and Ginny wasn't even there for some of it, having been kept home because it was discovered that ron was with harry.

She still continued to eavesdrop even after Hermione told her off and told her that the DEs could torture her for info. And she had no qualms about outright lying to her mother, though I do admit that Molly was extremely annoying during this time in canon. It seems to be more a case of Ginny proving herself better than everyone else and being bitter about not being in the thick of things. If she had gone with them she would not have been able to use magic because of the trace.

And she helped hermione put the undetectable extension charm on the beaded bag! Somehow I don't think Hermione would have needed any help with that.
wrappedinharry chapter 8 . 10/16/2010
So Hermione and Ginny do not think that Harry had a reason for being a tad out of sorts throughout the year so far? Ginny wasn't going to stand by and let him sulk. I think Harry had plenty of reason to be out of sorts with most of the school thinking him a liar and an attention seeking prat. I would like to see how Hermione and Ginny would have reacted to that.

I am surprised that Ginny's account of the year did not once mention how horrible most of the school were being to Harry; it is as if she is totally unaware of it. She must have heard other students whispering and seen them pointing at Harry. Her love life has taken up most of this chapter.

Bellatrix and co. were not looking for Neville when they tortured his parents. Why would they have been? Voldemort had already decided that the one with the power to defeat him was Harry, not Neville. They thought the aurors had their boss and they were torturing his whereabouts out of Frank. And when he wouldn't talk, they tortured Alice to try and get him to talk. It had nothing to do with Neville, though I am sure if Neville had been handy, they would have tortured the toddler as well in an attempt to get Frank to talk. One wonders where Neville was.

Ginny is a contradiction. she doesn't want Michael to protect her; she knows she is as good as him magically and yet she feels safe in his arms. Shouldn't she have just felt comforted? If she feels safe, it is indicating that she likes Michael protecting her. It is obvious she just loves the idea of being in love... or at least Michael loving her because she definitely doesn't love him back.
wrappedinharry chapter 7 . 10/16/2010
Great chatper overall, though I was afraid that you were going to have Ginny writing with the blood quill and getting scared like Harry. There was no mention of that in canon. Leigh Jordan did of course, but that seems to have been a one-off. I do not doubt others suffered the same fate, just not as badly or consistently as Harry to leave permanent scars.

I wouldn't have forgiven Hermione so easily for going on about her and Harry being alone together either. I mean, she just went on and on and on. I do know that Ginny isn't really over HArry, but she is trying and it is ridiculous of Hermione to think that Harry and Ginny might never be alone for minutes at a time when they are living in the same house. I mean, if Ginny walks into the drawing room to only find Harry, does Hermione expect her to turn around and walk out again? Or if she is the one already there and Harry walks in, does she expect Ginny to get up and leave? That would really do Harry's self-confidence a lot of good.

And for it to have been Ginny who directed Cho to the owlery is a little OTT as well, I think.

It was a great idea though to have Umbridge threaten Ginny with disclosing her role in the attacks in her first year. Very clever. But I do think this feisty Ginny would have sent a very strongly worded letter to Percy for his idiocy in informing anyone, let alone Umbridge about what happened. I know she thinks Percy wouldn't have thought Umbrisge would do anything with the info, but telling him about the threat might have helped wake Percy up to what a cow Umbridge really is. Percy might have discarded his family, but he still loves them deep down and I am sure he would be upset about what is hanging over Ginny's head.
wrappedinharry chapter 6 . 10/16/2010
I was always under the impression that Ginny was an accomplished caster of the Bat Bogey Hex before she even started at Hogwarts. And yes, I know about the underage magic laws, but performing the spell in a property full of adult wizards, the ministry wouldn't be able to tell it was Ginny who cast it. But why the BBH would be in their DADA text book is another thing; not exactly the darkest of hexes, is it, if somewhat annoying. I always found the spell to be slightly immature and spitefully childish; if Ginny could cast the BBH at Malfoy in Umbridges office, why not hit him with a Stunning Spell? Getting slightly off the point here, I know.

It has always been a source of confusion for me that all the year levels are often taught the same things in DADA and CofMC. IE, Moody seems to go his own way and is teaching the unforgivables to every level, even though it is doubtful a 1st, 2nd or 3rd year would have sufficient power to counter one of them. And HAgrid seems to teach everyone the same things. Cedric knew as much about the Blast-Ended Skrewts as Harry did, so the 6th years at least were obviously taught about them too.

You had Ginny knowing what a hippogriff was and she wouldn't have even been doing CofMC in her 2nd year. Though she would have heard about Malfoy's unfortunate attack, she wouldn't have seen the hippogriffs, unless she had visited Hagrid and met Buckbeak. Perhaps she had seen hippogriffs in books, although Ron certainly hadn't.

I found Ginny's flirting techniques a little mature for a 13 year old, I have to admit, particularly when she came onto Michael on the train. Perhaps I am just old fashioned.
wrappedinharry chapter 5 . 10/16/2010
Ginny does seem to be becoming 'super' Ginny, despite your disclaimer. And I don't just mean in a magical sense; she seems to know everything before the 'golden trio' does, she kind of leaves them in the dark as far as finding things out goes. I mean, she found out about the Marauders Map before Harry did, and in canon, Molly and Arthur tried so hard to keep the tri-wizard goings on a secret and all Ginny has to do is bat con Charlie into spilling the beans. Quite the manipulative little witch, really. And sneaky; eavesdropping outside her parents bedroom door, something she seems to have done on a regular basis. Still, not unlike many kids I suppose.

I do like the relationship between Ginny and Hermione though and I love how DD was empathetic enough to place Ginny in with Hermione during her second year. And she seems to have a loving relationship with all her brothers except Percy (she actually seems to dislike him) and, despite having once been close to him before he went off to Hogwarts, Ron.

And you mentioned how Ginny is becoming very attractive and her womanly attributes are burgeoning; I do so hope that you have kept (if it ever comes up again) Ginny's boobs fairly modest because she is a very petite girl and she would look ridiculous with big boobs. I am not one of those women who think big boobs are attractive; I think they are gross actually and most of the modern celebrities look absolutely ridiculous with half or three-quaters of their chests hanging out of their gowns or bikini tops. I think Harry would be more than happy with a mere handful, LOL.

OK, enough of my likes and dislikes; I do know you finished this a long time ago and everything is a fait accompli. Onwards...
Tides of Gray chapter 22 . 10/13/2010
This was utterly amazing - i am gobsmacked by this sotry. You had me crying at the end - good tears they were :). Fantastic job, I loved this story :)
Becksibee chapter 14 . 10/11/2010
The story so far is very good. I am enjoying your side of events from Ginny P.O.V. And I can actually believe this is what happened. I enjoy reading Ginny, Neville and Luna, all written very well in in character.

Regarding Draco, I agree with you. Draco, as big a git he was, I believe he saw though his fathers believes, one small part of all this, not from what you said in your notes, is how he greeted Harry at platform 9 3/4 19 years with with a small curt nod. They will never be budding friends but they have a understanding. I however do not believe his father ever renounced his ways, even after the downfall.

I am enjoy and look forward to continuing to read this.
Tribot chapter 23 . 10/8/2010
Omg that was amazing

I've spent this whole week reading this story every chance it got (I have been sneek reading during school on my iPod but don't tell my teachers)

I found it when I was reading another story and they said theat they based their Ginny off of yours. My curiousity got the better of my and I saught out your story. It was all I could have hopes for and then some! I cried and laughed and got mad all during the story. You are a truely amazing writer and I thank you for the story.

I feel silly admitting it but when you said your name I was disappointed. I had really forgotten I wad reading a fanfiction and I thought I was reading something written by Ginny herself. Ginny has always been my favorite character and your story has helped me to love her more. I am positive JKR would be proud of how you portayes her and all of her other characters.

Anne chapter 12 . 10/4/2010
Aww!

You portray Ginny perfectly...
Mathiilde3 chapter 20 . 10/3/2010
Oh wow, I finished it and what a pleasure! I am going mad waiting for november, and this was a really nice distraction! I loved Ginny's tale and her relationship with everybody else, but I sometimes think you forgot her age, or you just have a completely different idea of who she is than me, but most of the time, I really did love it! You are a really great writer, it was very easy an pleasing to read! So great job, it was very interesting to see how she changed as she grew older.
Anne chapter 5 . 9/26/2010