Reviews for In the Words of Ginevra Molly Potter
illjwamh chapter 1 . 6/17/2015
I was looking through my favorite stories to find this and for some reason it wasn't there. I'm adding it now, along with this review because I know how annoying it is when people favorite or follow a story without saying anything about it.

As to that, I can't imagine I didn't leave any review when I read it the first time, but just in case I'll try to remember to leave a few more when I get around to reading it again.
Schori123 chapter 22 . 3/11/2015
Your story is brilliant! I read first the german translated version, but it was sooo good that i also decided to read the english one, the original.
Before your story I searched a while to find such an story here, because i thought somebody might have written the Harry-Potter-saga with somebody else as the main focus. Adding to the fact, that i really really love Ginny and her pairing with Harry, I was warmly surprised as i found her autobiography on here. Im really glad i found your story!
Its great that the plot is exactly as the seven books, you did an really good job. I dont mind, that the time line is changed a bit, its a minor fact. You also put some new characters in the story, like Angerona, which is with Ginny as Harry passes by to the forest in the Battle of Hogwarts..
The minor things Ginny does over the years for here are very sweet, like the Weasley-pullover in first year, that she tells Cedric indirectly to help Harry in fourth year or that she talks the twins into giveing Harry the Marauders Map. Also the fact that she makes it to her duty to make Harry laugh after Siriusdeath.
How you describe the reconnecting of the DA is also really good, lots of action and you see the bonding between Neville, Luna and Ginny. Your story tells also in which conflict Draco is in that time.
I liked the most, that Ginny is so well informed about everything what happens around her and it is truly possible that she knew that all also in the books. She is truly the sister of the twins!
I wanted to thank you for this extraordinary story, i will recommend it to all that will hear me! I also think i will reread your story a few times, when i find the time!
That you answered frequently asked questions at the moment was another thing that surprised me, i never heard or read about such an thing here and i think that shows how you respect your readers. Thats why i like you, even i dont know you personally.
You did an amazing job with this story and the surrondings!
Keep your work up, its brilliant!
Best regards
Schori123
gryffinclaw19 chapter 20 . 3/8/2015
I really loved all of this. Excellent writing and attention to the original story, but with nice new twists. (My only qualm was that I didn't know how much of it came from other writers, but good job crediting them, anyway.)
I think it's great that Ginny got her own story, and how it fit in with Harry's. I loved the idea of incorporating JKR into it, as well! Keep writing :)
gryffinclaw19 chapter 3 . 3/7/2015
There should have been a realization by Ginny that Tom was Voldemort. After all, Dumbledore said that very few people knew that Voldemort and Riddle were the same person.
Sorry if I sound negative, because I'm not! This is an incredible story, I'm just a stickler for details :)
initium novum chapter 20 . 2/28/2015
Words fail me right now when I try to describe my emotions after reading this has been a wonderful and surprising experience reading the series through ginny's was so damn good and I must say you are very you for this nice story.I couldn't put it away till I I must say...it was one hell of a ride...
Fan chapter 1 . 1/5/2015
Wow. I loved this! I feel really weird now... Maybe the Harry Potter series really was a biography! :O By the way, I noticed a typo: Amusment. It should be Amusement. :)

A very big fan ;)
Little Missus chapter 7 . 10/24/2014
For a minute there, I thought you wet going to give Ginny a punishment like Harry's, but considering the canon of the book, I'm glad it wasn't like that.
SulyButterTwirl chapter 4 . 8/10/2014
This is a brilliant story!
little lily witch chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
You are absolutely amazing! I can honestly say this is the best thing I've read in a year, and that's only after the first chapter.
Thank you so very much for your take on how us, muggles came to know of it and the timeline is a minor detail in this context. I believe it can only get better.
Excited to read more, l.l.w.
silveresque eclipse chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
It only ruins the fact that Dudley got a Playstation in the third or fourth book. The Playstation came out during the 90s, I believe.
But oh well. That's a minor detail.
tvaddictvd chapter 21 . 6/1/2014
truly unique and interesting story from a fresh point of view. i totally agree there was not enough ginny in hp and this story satisfied my curiosity for the woman behind the hero. LOVE THIS STORY!
Ibbonray chapter 23 . 5/1/2014
This was a damn good story. I've wanted to read a Ginny POV for a while now, and only just discovered this.
You write well. I did find a few minor errors- specifically grammatical (example: "Harry and me" should be switched to "Harry and I"), and the occasional mispelling (although it would be hard to pinpoint them for you via review). The FAQ at the end was great help for a few of my questions, although I do have one for you. Why was Cho going to be chosen as DADA teacher for a week? You had your reasons, yes, and Cho did attend the DA... but she never struck me as particularly awing at DADA.
It's the same with Angelina. Transfiguration teacher? For some reason, it just doesn't seem the sort of occupation she'd take up. However, JK Rowling never elaborated on the qualities of semi-minor characters, so I do like how you've developed them further.
Nevertheless, the plot of this fic was simply fabulous. I especially loved the beginning, when Ginny's infatuation overpowered her true self. She reminded me of myself- a novice when it comes to any romance whatsoever. That is to say... your description of infatuation complications is definitely spot-on.
Another thing I loved about this was the relationship between Luna and Neville. It was, to put it blatantly, an indecisive friendship- indecisive, for their feelings were there but extremely faint.
A few dislikes:
I wasn't quite sure that I liked your Harry much. Most likely because in the eyes of his lover, his personality was much less awkward (in the beginning) and a bit more... alluring? Flawless? Can't find the right word. ...All in all, it makes sense that according to Ginny's perspective, Harry would be a different sort of person, but I prefer Rowling's version of Harry to yours.
No malicious thoughts whatsoever, just speaking my mind.
I also would have liked to see more of Professor McGonagall. I feel as if, with such little mention of her character, her character was blown off as unimportant... same with Flitwick and Sprout.
Finally, I felt the pace was too fast. You skipped over a few things that you felt were unnecessary, but I though could help build character. Whereas you took the time in between Triwizard Tournament legs as unimporant, I think you could have described more lessons, dabbled in friendship development, etcetera. Would this story be lengthened considerably? Yes. But some readers believe that story lulls help the multiple climaxes become more exciting and prominent.
A few more good things:
Your description of jealousy was amazing. Ginny encouraging Cho to date Harry and then changing her mind a few days later was brilliant, for it represented her streak of foolishness acquired though young, inexperienced age. I applaud you for capturing the inner workings of a fourteen-year-old girl's mind.
Tom Riddle's deception was exactly as I imagined. Well done.
To wrap this up... I apologize for my excessive rambling and the pinpointing of things that don't necessarily need to be fixed. Hopefully, some of my advice was beneficial. I really did enjoy reading this and loved every moment, every plot twist, every beautifully written sentence of it. What an exquisite story this is.
...Good luck in future fanfiction stories, shall you write more. Hope you have a lovely day. Best regards.
OwlTrainer57 chapter 4 . 3/30/2014
Bloody marvelous this is!
Tinithor chapter 20 . 3/4/2014
There are several of these kinds of "The Story from Ginny's Perspective" type of fic's on this site and i must admit i've never liked any of them, or really any story that heavily follows the same plot as the books themselves.

That being said i must also admit that i thought this story was great. It's the only fic that follows the cannon plot that i've ever read all the way through in fact. You did an excellent job at telling Ginny's story and keeping her true to the character as JK intended her to be seen in my opinion. Even though your story follows the same plot as the books you didn't rehash anything very much and only added meaningful and interesting scenes that Harry wouldn't of known about.

I honestly can't think of a single bad thing to say about this story, which is quite an accomplishment as after reading so many fanfics on this site i admit i'm extremely picky these days. Any Harry/Ginny fan should definitely give it a read.
NhaTrang chapter 19 . 2/1/2014
Between "Keep the change, Professor" and "I open at the answer" ... can I fav twice?
1,053 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »