Reviews for In the Words of Ginevra Molly Potter
silveresque eclipse chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
It only ruins the fact that Dudley got a Playstation in the third or fourth book. The Playstation came out during the 90s, I believe.
But oh well. That's a minor detail.
tvaddictvd chapter 21 . 6/1/2014
truly unique and interesting story from a fresh point of view. i totally agree there was not enough ginny in hp and this story satisfied my curiosity for the woman behind the hero. LOVE THIS STORY!
Ibbonray chapter 23 . 5/1/2014
This was a damn good story. I've wanted to read a Ginny POV for a while now, and only just discovered this.
You write well. I did find a few minor errors- specifically grammatical (example: "Harry and me" should be switched to "Harry and I"), and the occasional mispelling (although it would be hard to pinpoint them for you via review). The FAQ at the end was great help for a few of my questions, although I do have one for you. Why was Cho going to be chosen as DADA teacher for a week? You had your reasons, yes, and Cho did attend the DA... but she never struck me as particularly awing at DADA.
It's the same with Angelina. Transfiguration teacher? For some reason, it just doesn't seem the sort of occupation she'd take up. However, JK Rowling never elaborated on the qualities of semi-minor characters, so I do like how you've developed them further.
Nevertheless, the plot of this fic was simply fabulous. I especially loved the beginning, when Ginny's infatuation overpowered her true self. She reminded me of myself- a novice when it comes to any romance whatsoever. That is to say... your description of infatuation complications is definitely spot-on.
Another thing I loved about this was the relationship between Luna and Neville. It was, to put it blatantly, an indecisive friendship- indecisive, for their feelings were there but extremely faint.
A few dislikes:
I wasn't quite sure that I liked your Harry much. Most likely because in the eyes of his lover, his personality was much less awkward (in the beginning) and a bit more... alluring? Flawless? Can't find the right word. ...All in all, it makes sense that according to Ginny's perspective, Harry would be a different sort of person, but I prefer Rowling's version of Harry to yours.
No malicious thoughts whatsoever, just speaking my mind.
I also would have liked to see more of Professor McGonagall. I feel as if, with such little mention of her character, her character was blown off as unimportant... same with Flitwick and Sprout.
Finally, I felt the pace was too fast. You skipped over a few things that you felt were unnecessary, but I though could help build character. Whereas you took the time in between Triwizard Tournament legs as unimporant, I think you could have described more lessons, dabbled in friendship development, etcetera. Would this story be lengthened considerably? Yes. But some readers believe that story lulls help the multiple climaxes become more exciting and prominent.
A few more good things:
Your description of jealousy was amazing. Ginny encouraging Cho to date Harry and then changing her mind a few days later was brilliant, for it represented her streak of foolishness acquired though young, inexperienced age. I applaud you for capturing the inner workings of a fourteen-year-old girl's mind.
Tom Riddle's deception was exactly as I imagined. Well done.
To wrap this up... I apologize for my excessive rambling and the pinpointing of things that don't necessarily need to be fixed. Hopefully, some of my advice was beneficial. I really did enjoy reading this and loved every moment, every plot twist, every beautifully written sentence of it. What an exquisite story this is.
...Good luck in future fanfiction stories, shall you write more. Hope you have a lovely day. Best regards.
OwlTrainer57 chapter 4 . 3/30/2014
Bloody marvelous this is!
Tinithor chapter 20 . 3/4/2014
There are several of these kinds of "The Story from Ginny's Perspective" type of fic's on this site and i must admit i've never liked any of them, or really any story that heavily follows the same plot as the books themselves.

That being said i must also admit that i thought this story was great. It's the only fic that follows the cannon plot that i've ever read all the way through in fact. You did an excellent job at telling Ginny's story and keeping her true to the character as JK intended her to be seen in my opinion. Even though your story follows the same plot as the books you didn't rehash anything very much and only added meaningful and interesting scenes that Harry wouldn't of known about.

I honestly can't think of a single bad thing to say about this story, which is quite an accomplishment as after reading so many fanfics on this site i admit i'm extremely picky these days. Any Harry/Ginny fan should definitely give it a read.
Kittencat3 chapter 19 . 2/1/2014
Between "Keep the change, Professor" and "I open at the answer" ... can I fav twice?
Kate chapter 21 . 12/9/2013
Hi there, just saying this is the best fanfic I have read and the only one to make me cry. Thank you.
AdilaRain chapter 23 . 12/3/2013
This was such a well written fic! I know it's been years since you completed this, but I just had to say this. I was a little shocked to find out that you were a guy, but fan fiction shows no boundaries in both writing and genders and that's good! I haven't read a Harry Potter fan fiction in years and I was glad and very impressed that I came upon yours. Trying to be as close to cannon as possible can be tough for many fanfic writers, but you proved to many readers with this fantastic fic that you were able to do it and I'm sure you left many readers with smiles on their faces. To whatever you are doing now, good luck and I hope you are happy. Once again, thank you for this wonderful fic!
Snowdrop chapter 22 . 11/13/2013
Dear jealousone,
I just finished your story the second time. I live in Switzerland, so the first time I read it in German, but I liked it so much, that I thought I SHOULD read it in English, too.

First, I need to say: you did a GREAT Job.

I really like it, that Ginny is so much like Harry. Like you said, Harry NEEDS someone who's like him.
I LOVED the way you wrote about Draco. Like you, I think, if he really had a chance to save Ginny's life, he would have did it. He didn't care about her or Harry or Ron or Hermione, but they gave him hope, that he and his Family would be free again.
The rush with Ron and Hermione's wedding was okay. I think, once as Ron were sure that she loved him, he couldn't wait any longer.

There were only two things I disagree:

First, I really don't think Albus Potter would have been sorted into Slytherin. He's so like Harry. I think, the only reason why the Sorting Hat considered to put Harry into Slytherin was the Horcrux in him.
JKR said Albus' story was most interesting, but the Sorting Hat takes account of your choice and I'm SURE Albus wanted to go to Gryffindor. James only said to Albus he could come to Slytherin because he wanted to annoy him.
Harry's father said that already his fahter had been in Gryffindor wich suggests that all Potters were in Gryffindor. And also every Weasley was. So I think a child of a Potter and a Weasley would definitely come to Gryffindor.

The second thing I disagree is Harry's marriage proposal.
I think it does not suit him. Harry had never been the romantic guy. I think his marriage proposal would have been ordinary.
Not that I don't think it was ADORABLE. If you treat women like you let it Harry do with Ginny, I REALLY want to meet you someday! ;)

Thanks for your great story,
Jadedxxoxx chapter 23 . 10/7/2013
This was an amazing story...
Someone recommended the story that follows this one and I was not going to take the time to read this... G,ad I convinced myself to as this story was amazing... I think you did a wonderful job sticking to canon and anything you added was done so in a seamless way.
I loveGinnys character and I am so glad you took the time to write this story... It feels almost real to the Harry Potter universe...
thebetawholived chapter 12 . 10/6/2013
Almost would be a good ending to the story here.

I don't normally enjoy romance with a dash of angst, but this has been a good read so far. Looking forward to what's next!
Yann chapter 22 . 9/26/2013
I devoured your story in three days. I'm a big Ginny fan myself and I thinks she deserves her own story so thanks for that.
I don't know if you still read your reviews after all these years. Hopefully you will read this one.
geekzgalore chapter 19 . 8/30/2013
This is a beautiful story. I will be recommending it as one of the best H/G fics.
Ink Stained Quill chapter 3 . 8/20/2013
I've only read the first three chapters and Im already in love with this! Everyone is so perfectly matching their canon that I can totally see this being a legitimate companion over just a fanfiction. Fantastic work! Ok well I'm off to read the rest :D

ilovebooks1111 chapter 22 . 8/11/2013