Reviews for Oathbreakers
Aranna Undomiel chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
I'm so glad to see you're still alive and writing :) Had rather given up hope to ever see you back (not that I have right to speak about times between updates ;) ) I so know about RL and writer's blocks...

Shame that it was a rather depressing story, at least it made me feel a bit down. But it did have your usual great writing stile.

Hope this means you'll be back for the stay :)
SCREAMINGwhispers chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
"Protect yourself from flamers: Flame Rising 1223755 is going to strike again, block FR. See the complete list in 'Make a Splash' forum."

If that's the F/R I know, he wouldn't flame this story. This is excellent!

“What do you fear, lady?”

“A cage. To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”

Oh goodness, though these are Tolkien's words, they are my favorite lines of the whole book.

"The night seemed to freeze at her words. She had made little mystery of her feelings earlier, but this open declaration took Elladan by surprise. He saw Aragorn open his mouth to speak, but before he could say aught, Eowyn was gone, retreating into the night. Startled, Aragorn took a step as though to follow her, but then he stopped, his face uncertain. After a moment, he swung around and went inside his own booth, his motions curt and abrupt. Sounds of movement came from within, and then all was quiet. Elladan was left alone in the shadows."

Woah. You're good. Really good. This description is awe-inspiring.

"She may understand too well,” Elladan murmured. “She sees herself as thrice wronged: once by Wormtongue, once by Theoden, and only moments ago by Estel. Three times has the task of waiting been placed at her feet, and twice she has obeyed only to see the constraints of that duty pull her further and further from any hope of valor. She has dwindled while those commanding her have risen in power and might. Will she allow a third time?” Elladan shook his head. “Were she in Edoras, perhaps. But not here. Not so near these shades.”

Intresting view! Never thought of it that way!

“To suffer the fate of the elves,”

Another intresting observation...

"“Elbereth guide you, Eowyn, daughter of the Mark,” he whispered, questioning the worth of his quiet plea in the face of such darkness. “The shades cast a wide net, and already I fear you lost to it. But mayhap you will find hope and oaths unbroken once the night has passed.”"

Ah! Loved it! Great, great, GREAT story! Thank you for the wonderfully entertaining work.
Elflingimp chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
Good but I found it got me depressed for some reason.
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
Excellent. Very well written, with a good knowledge of Middle Earth and excellent characterisation. Well done!

Happy writing!

Hugs,

Sarah x
all about tolkien chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
I always love seeing something new from you, but I have to be honest. I have lost hope of you ever updating anything. You will appear on scene and get our hopes up by saying you will be posting updates soon, post a ficlet almost as a conciliatory offering and then you disappear for the better part of a year again. You have done this for going on 2 years. I've just given up hope that your WIPs will ever be finished and that is a shame. We, your fans, do not care if the updates are perfect. You have left us hanging for so long we need something, even just an acknowledgement that they will never be done and give us a brief outline on how it ends. Please, something. You used to be my favorite author, but I can't count on updates from you so as I've said, I've given up. Even if you updated LLS or FND or NYE, I wouldn't read the update because then I'd be left hanging for another 2 years again. When they are complete, I'll be back. Please finish your fics.

a very disappointed fan
Maethril Aranel chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Nice story! I like your use of language, and I love the twins. It's always nice to see fics where they interact in a way that stays true to Tolkien. It's a nice filler for ROTK; good job!
Aldalena chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
I received an Alert for a new story by you! Twas glad tidings indeed! Rejoice, for the wonderful authoress Thundera Tiger hath returned!

I do hope you will soon update Land of Light and Shadows. 'Tis my favorite story of your's! I have read it at least three times.

I was so ecstatic about your return (I thought something horrible had happene to you!) that I have sent this review without reading the story first! But I already know it will be as excellent as your other stories! Maybe I'll send you a PM after I read it.
Arandil chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Oh! I am so glad to see you back here writing! (And I know how RL and writers block can get - it's just so unfortunate when it happens to so talented a writer who writes such compelling stories!)

What I liked about this story, besides the fact that it was elf-centric which makes me very happy, was the way it looked at Eowyn. She is often painted as a hero - which she was, ultimately - but it is usually forgotten that she not only ignored her duty to her people but disobeyed a direct order from her king. (Of course, Tolkien's writings are riddled with women who don't do what they're told to do). I like that you explored this perspective.

And the poor Sons of Feanor. Will no one ever get over that whole misunderstanding that was the kinslaying? Let it go, peredhil. There are worse people you could be compared to than the Brothers Feanorion. Talented, devoted to their father, strikingly beautiful - so what if they went a little berzerker near the end? Bygones...

Anyway, very nice. Glad to have you back! Cookies to your muses so that they continue to be cooperative!

Cheers,

Arandil
Eisheth chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Wow, that was simply capitivating. I love how you integrated the lines from the actual book in there so well, and manage to match the tone with similarly styled dialogue from the twins. It's a really well-rounded one-shot, and really well done.
EstSilvara chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Very fascinating story, the twins' discussion about the history of the Rohirrim and Eowyn's actions is a very interesting take on the events in the book. Thanks for sharing this!
AqufIrindiglo chapter 1 . 8/17/2007