Reviews for The Lives We Touch
Benjamin Goldberg chapter 4 . 1/10
Although the Headmaster's words to Maggie sound hopeful and positive, they remind me a little bit of Hans Christian Andersen's story, "The Little Match Girl."
Kinda looking forward to Sirius dying in this fic. Harry too, fit being a prick and not telling Sirius to knock it off. I like the premise, but hate the characters so far.
When I Make It Shine chapter 37 . 12/30/2014
So I happened to stumble across this story and I absolutely love it! Sirius has always been one of my favorites and there are just too few stories with him and OC's...I cant wait to read more of your work.
NothingNooneZero chapter 8 . 8/26/2014
I love the plot line for this. Miss Thompson is a wonderful OC and I can imagine the impact that a positive and kind soul such, as your OC, would have had on Harry. A constant light in the seemingly perpetual darkness which surrounds the poor boys life. Thank you. I'm enjoying this story so darn much.
kewr69 chapter 8 . 7/3/2014
Well it was good up until people started with the Harry/fangirl(looks like what his sister would) Ginny crap.
Nemaya chapter 37 . 5/19/2014
Ugh, I hate almost-escapes with a passion. But you resolved it well and I like that they all survived. I'm glad for the happy ending, too. I do wish you would have given us the reaction of Maggie's family though, especially her aunt Sarah.
Nemaya chapter 30 . 5/19/2014
I actually thought that the section in italics was a sort of flashback of Voldemort using a Boggart on Maggie to figure out who she cares about. I knew it wasn't reality, but I did think that it was a bit more than just a nightmare.
Nemaya chapter 3 . 5/19/2014
Love the flower name theme. :) And Godric's Hollow! Is she a squib, maybe? Or her aunt? That might explain why she alone noticed something wrong, if there was a spell to make muggles ignore something wrong and she was not affected.
Nemaya chapter 2 . 5/19/2014
OMG! She was a witness to Peter's explosion and wasn't obliviated! That is an AWESOME premise for this story! I will eagerly continue reading!
Imagination is my Inspiration chapter 36 . 10/19/2013
I adore this book so much, the funny thing is that it reminds of my mums romance novels. Filled with just enough fluff and drama; equals an amazing love story 3
foolforsirius chapter 37 . 5/1/2013
I absolutely loved this!
MuggleCreator chapter 37 . 4/12/2013
Brilliant story.
mworth1019 chapter 37 . 3/27/2013
I loved this story... it was well done. thank you
JanieNine chapter 37 . 3/12/2013
Well, I greatly enjoyed reading your supreme narrative powers. Great work on that front. Now I know it's a bit late to give you a detailed review (about 5 years too late), but you might log in and see this, so I figure that I should leave you with my final remarks.

Great job once again with the narration. You go into events and show instead of tell. That's how it's supposed to be done. No further comments there.

Problems: Okay, your dialogue is really unrealistic. No one talks with all their emotions on their sleeves. I know you mention in some dialogue and accompanying narration that these characters have never expressed themselves so openly before, but that's just a cop out for creating unrealistic dialogue. I feel like if the characters were just a bit more closed with one another and showed their undying devotion or whatever through their actions rather than their words, your story would be MUCH more believable.
That brings me to your second problem. I don't know if you realize it, but Maggie is a bit of a Mary Sue. Sure, she has problems, so she's not in need of a major character rework, but you need people to be mad at her for some of the stupid stuff she does! I mean, come on. She makes some pretty boneheaded moves in this story (which is good because it shows she's human) but then you have to actually show her getting yelled at for it or something!

So once again, good work, but you have a few fundamental issues with the story. It's actually a lot more believable at the way beginning with Maggie as Harry's teacher in primary school. I vastly preferred the beginning to the rest of this story.
Guest chapter 22 . 3/3/2013
PLEASE don't call me a Brit! It's proper annoying! It's like me calling you a Yank! Doesn't that annoy you? And you're just not used to our biscuits, it doesnt mean they're awful! I hate your chocolate, because it doesn't taste like real chocolate. But I know it's because I'm not used to it.