Reviews for Paradigm Shift
A Selfish Writer chapter 3 . 5/4/2011
How should I say about this story...?

I don't know, but this story is...emmm...touchy? incredible? (sorry for my lack of english vocabulary)

But, I really want to see how Hikaru and Akari will end up in the end of this story. Your story is amazing. Sometimes I got emotional when I thought about what if I were Akari there, and felt like wanting to punch Hikaru for his attitude towards her.

Please update whenever you can. I really beg you! I do like this story! And I really want to know how the story will go.

miss otaku
sally-wu-99 chapter 3 . 9/16/2009
It's really the best Hikaru/Akari Story, I hope they can finally together, please update
rmiller92 chapter 3 . 8/20/2009
This is really good. Please update! I want to see them patch things up.
Crystal Snowflakes chapter 3 . 1/14/2009
It is an extremely difficult thing to be able to find a Hikaru/Akari fanfic that is remotely good, but I can gladly say that I have finally found one!

This is amazing, and I'm just really wishing that you will be able to update soon. I'll have this on my alert and favourite list :)
evelsaint93 chapter 3 . 12/22/2008
Wow. its hard to find a good Akari romance fic but youve done it. please update soon O-O
Sol Falling chapter 3 . 12/21/2008
Hey, nice. I just finished reading/watching Hikaru no Go today, and was looking for some Hikaru/Akari closure. On that note: I figured yaoi would be popular, and that Hikaru/Akari would be rare, but *wow*. Yours is only the second fic for this pairing that I've found, and the only one with some decent depth/characterization, so I'm sorta banking on you here.

On the plot/characterization itself: to be honest, what I was looking for was fluff, since I do see Hikaru taking a conscious step towards staying in Akari's life by answering "I'll come; anytime I haven't got a game". As someone who's professional life is already rather dramatic/stressful, a quiet, uneventful romance is something I think Hikaru would accept or even desire. As such, the Hikaru I envision is someone who would take the initiative (in a calm but meaningful way), and who would draw strength from a deep trust in the care and support of a loved one.

The premise of your 'Paradigm Shift' seems to revolve around Hikaru not taking the initiative, and not realizing the value of his companionship with Akari until it is lost, and even highlighted. In terms of that, the development of Akari's feelings is very believable and compelling, and I found Hikaru's characterization leading/reacting to that to have some depth as well. Most of all, I appreciate their willingness to address their emotions. As such, I am looking forward to the tightening of this web of emotions and the conclusion of this story.

That you last updated three months ago is promising (in terms of your intentions to continue this story). I hope this review serves to encourage you.
kurokinshiro chapter 3 . 10/3/2008
I like the way this fic is going. I was a little disappointed when the series didn’t develop Hikaru/Akari more, and I felt for the girl when they finished junior high with her affection unheard and unrequited. It didn’t bother me greatly, though, because Hikaru no Go had such a compelling story. Because of the way the series developed, HikaGo is one manga/anime where I couldn’t actually see romance for Hikaru—he and Touya were so focused on each other and their rivalry that by the time HikaGo ended, I couldn’t imagine either of them with a girl.

Still, I’m very interested in following your ‘what-if.’ If I remember correctly, even Sai had teased Hikaru about Akari at least once .(A Sai-approved pairing..?) How would Hikaru react now? If this were a game, it would be his turn to place a stone. :)
Anne7 chapter 3 . 9/28/2008
I liked this story a lot; it's really sweet. I like that you're building any romance that might develop on their old friendship, and that you kept Hikaru his charming, clueless self. Akari, too, I think is very well-written.

Your story diverts a little from canon, I think, in that Hikaru seems to me to make a conscious effort at the end to keep Akari in his life, agreeing to tutor at her high school go club and asking her over to play. However, it might still end up as you described here, as their diverging paths also made clear, so I don't think it matters all that much.

You do, however, have a little problem with your grammar: You tend to write indirect speech or things that are true over a long period of time in present tense, and also use present perfect instead of past perfect. Remember to use the past tense always, except in direct speech!

Also, in chapter 2 I think it was, you said Akari needed to catch a trolley to catch her train? A trolley is used to convey baggage or shopping items. Did you perhaps mean a bus or something like that? (Ah, okay, I think my Oxford dictionary told me what you meant: a trolley bus, "a bus driven by electricity from a cable above the street" - meaning a tram, I suppose? Perhaps it might be better to substitute that word, unless I am simply ignorant of "trolley" being used in Britain or whatever country all the time.)
Astalavisbon chapter 3 . 9/26/2008
Huwaa.. Both akari n hikaru i think so IC!

Luv ur story, hope u will make satisfying ending..

About hikaru's family name, i think it's "Shindou" not "Shidou"

But, thx anyway, this fic is so canon to me! Which is hard for me to find the gud one..
Nate-Mihael chapter 3 . 9/23/2008
This is good! You're ability in plot is quite worthy! Hope you'll keep this up. Its nice, well made, but not too complicated. Keep it up.
FloriaCharms chapter 3 . 9/16/2008
Hihi! Great job on updating 2 chapters! (didn't have time to read when you uploaded chapt2.) oh by the way, I noticed that you spell Hikaru's surname as Shidou, but actually I think it should be Shindou. And there's also 'Honinbo', yup, so just these few typos. Every other thing is great about this story (so is the flashback!) so do continue writing! _ Really like how well you write the interaction between the two! Ganbatte!
Ao yuki chapter 3 . 9/16/2008
I like how you portrayed the awkwardness of them meeting again. Despite having so many side characters, you managed to place the focus mainly on Akari and Hikaru, and not over describe anything. The competition acting as a time prompt is nicely added too. I hope Hikaru will win. :)
foldedflowers chapter 3 . 9/15/2008
Well, that was a quick update (seeing how long it took for the last one lol :D:D:D:D)

anyway, you still have me wondering how this is all going to end up. I like the placement of Hikaru's trip, it forces them to come to a decision about their relation to eachother. Here's hoping the next chappy is just as good :D
Little Minamino chapter 3 . 9/14/2008
Oh the awkwardness...Nicely done. I enjoyed this chapter a great deal. Keep up the good work!
sasusaku4life chapter 3 . 9/14/2008
aw when i finished reading i wanted to read more.. hope you update soon -