Reviews for Legacies
Mairi chapter 2 . 9/13/2007
I like Elabeth, as both a person and a character. She could so easily have seemed fake, unreal, but she did not. Nice, touching writing.
Cressida1 chapter 2 . 8/23/2007
Okay, I'm going to make another attempt to post my review, since the net seems to have swallowed the one I wrote a few days ago. The dedication was very sweet! I'm glad if I was of help in getting the story finished, but I still say you did the main part yourself.

Anyway, I just re-read it again, and it holds up well! I still want to cheer every time I read Faramir's speech in the second chapter. I also think you did an excellent job of striking a balance between the sad and the hopeful. The last sentence leaves me with a big smile on my face.

Very well done!
lindahoyland chapter 2 . 8/22/2007
This was a most enjoyable was good to see Elabeth again and learn how far her writing had taken her,not to mention the cat !
BM originally chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
Interesting start! I like Elabeth so far and she isn't a Marysue-she's fleshed out and interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes!
eiluj chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Okay, I'm no expert, but those OC names don't look like real Sindarin names (which were in use in Gondor).

If you'd like to have more authentic Middle-earth names, here are some links. Just replace "." with a period (I believe this foils ff's tendency to delete links).

1. elffetish's Sindarin Name Generator:

[They also have a page for Quenya names, and a flowchart to decide which language is appropriate.]

2. Council of Elrond's Sindarin Name Finder, where you can find a name equivalent to a particular name from our world - or just browse:

. ?opmodload&nameSemantics&fileindex&optionsSemanticsMenu&volume4

[Or search Google for "Council of Elrond" "Sindarin Name Finder"]

3. Merin Essi ar Quenteli's list of name lists:

[Or Google "Merin Essi ar Quenteli" "Name Lists"]
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Great first chapter! I sense a case of hero worship in Elabeth though... We shall have to see what becomes of it! Update soon!