Reviews for Danny Phantom: Facing the Future
Meow15971 chapter 5 . 1/8
WOW! I AM LOVING THIS FIC! If I had more time I would be finished it right now! *sigh* Life has its disappointments. :( I wish I could read fanfics all day! Every single one! Ok maybe not every one, but a lot of yours! Awesome fic! Once I have free time I'll finish it and let you know what I think! Btw: Eddy13 is a great friend! He told me all about you and your amazing stories! :D
13BlueBananas chapter 8 . 1/4
Ahaha! This was awesome! I'm glad that a user who goes by the name of Eddy13 pointed me here (I'm still relatively new to the fanfiction part of this phandom). You probably know him. I'm off to read your others! But first... *presses favorite button*
Jysrin chapter 8 . 12/29/2014
[Cue Danny Phantom End Theme]
YellowAngela chapter 8 . 7/26/2014
Again great writing. I'm not that into Danny Phantom but this is really good. I can appreciate excellent writing and a well thought out plot.
Fleightfire chapter 8 . 6/6/2014
Awesome story
Luke Danger chapter 8 . 5/16/2014
Finally got around to reading this...

Well, where to start? I guess I'll start with the meat of the story: Sam gaining ghost powers.

Now, I'm always leery of the idea of more half-ghosts running around. I mean, it's supposed to be Danny and Vlad's iconic shticks, right? Danielle, at least, can be explained as being a clone and was properly self-contained, but using portals is always something that makes me leery. Yet, you made it sensible. It was a logical promotion for Sam here and you established it and gave a needed Godzilla Threshold for her to make such a choice.

Jazz trying to talk her out of it is a good touch, even if Jazz let her go ahead and commit half-suicide (well, from 100% human to 50% and the other 50% being ghost? Yeah, I'd call that half a suicide :P ). Honestly, my only complaint about it is Sam learning to use her powers in four hours - Danny had his powers for a month before his first battle with the Ectopusses and the Lunch Lady. Even then, that could be explained by having a teacher, though four hours is a little long for a battle to be raging between two individuals.

overall a solid story, and no one was out of character. Dark Danny, maybe, but let's be fair he was never exactly a deep character. Badass, absolutely. Terrifying? Well he more or less takes all the tricks the censors use to make things less scary and uses them to be scary, so yeah. But deep? No, if only because his motives were never really looked into. He was a generic doomsday villain in the end, but an example of why such worked. And you mostly maintained why he worked there.

Clockwork was excellent as well; more or less hit my theory on why he's so non-interventionist: otherwise how do we learn? Fits his "view the parade from above" mentality quite nicely.

Now, there were two issues that stood out to me:

1) Exclamation marks after almost every fight scene sentance. This is mostly a personal taste issue, but for some reason it seems... I dunno, showy. Like you're trying to show how awesome the fight sequences are (and they are pretty well written and felt natural for the canon it is based off of). This is probably just a personal thing, though. I prefer to save them for dialogue or when I want to emphasize something. Constant ones makes it dull, like too much of a good thing. That said, it's your style, I won't begrudge it.

2) The super saiyan rage forms; I dunno, I've never been a fan of the idea, but at the very least it's clear you went through a process figuring it out and it's not just "Danny becomes permanently more powerful, must ramp of powers of everyone involved". And it's not a free boost, it's like overclocking your hardware. Great for a power boost, not so great for long term viability. Also... was it inspired by Aang's avatar state? I kinda got the vibe with that - hero goes into RAEG, love interest talks him down?

Even then, the two points above are personal quibbles and do not detract from the story. Wholly recommended to anyone who wants to read some good DP fanfiction.
Austin-Keith chapter 8 . 5/3/2014
Note: I am XGBlue from deviantArt

This story is awesomesauce. Very well done. Would never have thought to give Sam slightly different powers than Danny; it's a nice touch. Although... the biker garb doesn't really fit Danny's style in my opinion...
UndeadOctopus chapter 8 . 11/26/2013
I love it! I really like the way you did the ending, too!
Karts of Sugar Rush chapter 8 . 11/8/2013
Awesome ending to this! Somebody tell Nickelodeon to revive Danny Phantom and give the writers this storyline because it fits perfectly! Between Danny's family getting in on the action, Tucker being mayor, and Sam getting ghost powers, this would make a spectacular series revival.
Karts of Sugar Rush chapter 4 . 11/8/2013
Okay, of all the versions I've read about Sam getting powers, this one takes the cake. It was written just right and sounds like an actual event from the series.
Shadow-DJ chapter 8 . 8/31/2013
OK, that was an awesome ending right there. I read through all of this and I was quite impressed.
jacky2734 chapter 8 . 7/12/2013
Good story all around. Cool premise. Great action. Good grammar.

But you seriously need to go back through and get rid of about 98% of the exclamation marks. In fact, outside of dialog to show someone yelling, you really shouldn't need to use them. Readers aren't morons, we don't need a exclamation mark at the end of each action to know it's an intense situation.
Bookworm Gal chapter 8 . 6/13/2013
This is very nice and entertaining. The battle was awesome. The return of Dark Danny definitely lived up to all expectations. I loved Clockwork's "conversation" with Vlad. And finishing off with the Box Ghost made me smile. Great work.
Moriko no Hikari chapter 2 . 4/16/2013
...Okay, seriously. You can call them a man and woman. Being ghosts does not negate that. Also, lose some of the exclamation points, they make it sound like an excited little boy is narrating.
Jade'sPetDragon chapter 8 . 3/29/2013
Awesome sorry cant wait read the other Sam and Danny Phantom one kick butt team. _ and I hope there is more box ghost bashing that guy is like Jaken from inuyasha fun to beat up
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »