Reviews for Aftermath
pumpkinpuss chapter 13 . 1/24/2008
Excellent update! It seems the Constable is getting closer to the truth in bit's and pieces. I admire how you craft each chapter so that it reveals just enough to whet the appetite. Good work!
shahid chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
ive only just joined.. but i like that story you wrote, its great
CoCo chapter 12 . 1/21/2008
This is a great story and intriguing mystery. I really hope you will continue sometime soon. The characters and setting are well written with good parrallels (I think) to the movie (a village shrouded in a dark secret). I'm anxious to see the outcome.
BloodofthePen chapter 12 . 12/5/2007
I am very intrigued and would like to see what happens next! Your tone is well-written and VERY appropriate: slightly creepy with an air of mystery.

I also enjoyed Iccabod's habit of fainting.

Please update soon! the way: I do not believe the rating should go up because of the hints, but I do believe you need to put a warning at the beginning of future chapters for readers.
achromatiscope chapter 12 . 11/4/2007
Absolutely incredible story. The writing is impeccable and the storyline is so enthralling that I have quite literally spent the past five hours or so reading nonstop.

I definitely agree that the rating should go up a notch if the details become any MORE graphic, but as it is I believe a T rating is fine.

I also believe that I figured out the relation between both Abigail and Emily and Mark Jenner. I'm very excited to see if I am correct though, so I look forward to your next update.

Keep up the fantastic work!

— Captain Kyrani Sarris
pumpkinpuss chapter 12 . 10/13/2007
I agree with Katrina's assessment of them being in this situation. It is the perfect place to solve a mystery and if anyone can, it's Ichabod. It will only enhance his reputation.

Ichabod makes a good case against his wife getting involved with the spirits but her gentle persuasion has convinced him. That was a very tender, well-executed passage. Good work!

The Constable's conversation with Mrs. Greeley is very revealing. To the reader it is quite obvious what type of relationship Abigail had with her father and because of this you may want to change the rating of the story, although if your writing is as subtle as it is in this chapter then you need not worry.

Excellent job!
Angel chapter 11 . 10/11/2007
This is fantastic! I'm so glad I found this! PLEASE KEEP GOING!
pumpkinpuss chapter 11 . 10/6/2007
Although he doesn't think so, the Constable is slowly but surely unraveling this mystery. His shrewdness was impressive as he discredited McKinley and his brush-off of Katrina's intended sorcery was perfectly executed, in keeping with his pragmatic mind. I believe that before long, he will figure out exactly what Abigail meant in her diary.

I am enjoying the pace of this story. You are providing just enough clues to whet the appetite and keep it interesting. Well done!
pumpkinpuss chapter 10 . 9/17/2007
The Constable has some very interesting theories to work with in this mystery. And Katrina's idea for contacting the entities is a good one, yet dangerous. She is a very brave soul. I think that together they'll be able to come to the conclusion soon. Again, your characters fit perfectly togther. Well done!
pumpkinpuss chapter 9 . 9/10/2007
Ichabod is so good at what he does! His methods of questioning and sniffing out clues are very accurate. I like the light in which you're portraying him, and the pace of the story is perfect! Well done!
pumpkinpuss chapter 8 . 9/7/2007
I don't know where your reviewers are but this keeps getting better and better! It progresses wonderfully as Ichabod uncovers each new piece of the puzzle.

I liked the scene where he reasons about spiders being in the room and then ultimately encounters one. His innocent fears make him all the more adorable.

There's a very interesting mystery unfolding here. Keep up the good work!
pumpkinpuss chapter 7 . 9/4/2007
Excellent dialogue between Ichabod and Mr. McKinley. The tavern keeper is right in saying that the Constable is clearly skilled at his job but you are clearly skilled at yours as well! Bravo!
pumpkinpuss chapter 6 . 9/2/2007
The flow of this story is excellent in that you are revealing the clues to the mystery a little bit at a time, without over-balancing. The part about Masbath's eyes changing was very eerie. It seems Ichabod will gain an ally as soon as he has his discussion with McKinley. Well done.
pumpkinpuss chapter 5 . 8/30/2007
I liked the beginning scene when Ichabod is walking from the cemetery and crossing the bridge. I could feel the cold in the air and sense his fear. Very good descriptions there. His and Katrina's theories about the little girl are just what one might expect from their characters. Good work!
pumpkinpuss chapter 4 . 8/24/2007
Very thought provoking indeed! There is mystery around every corner and I like the way you're having the Constable handle it. Very well done!
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »