Reviews for Awakening Remy
rana2001 chapter 1 . 12/4/2014
This is nice
snowangel420 chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
That was...*sniff sniff*...one of the most beautiful things I have ever read!
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
That was a very special story. I have never read anything for Ratatouille before, although I loved the movie, so this was a new experience for me. Remy is very much loved and appreciated by his family and friends. And how else do you bring back a Master Chef, but with food?
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT-Buckrocks chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
HALLELUJAH! .
I was SERIOUSLY ready to scream if he didn't make it. XD
IceFlake 77 chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
"He remembered the first time he'd met Little Chef – the explosion of life as he danced around the soup tureen, the flipping and the throwing and the getting fancy with the spices – he'd just stood there in awe, that anyone could do that and look like he was enjoying himself so much."

I came. asd;lkfnadlfkasd

"Towards dawn, the fat brown rat with the kind eyes came in shyly from wherever he'd been, and sat with his probably-brother, squeaking gently to him in what they assume must be the rat language. Alfredo brought him a bit of cheese and they sat together watching the sunrise."

I keep on reading this over and over and over again because of the heartstopping amount of cute the mental image has. 3

By far, my favorite parts of this story were the moments when Emile or Django would visit Remy (mostly because THOSE ARE SO CUTE THAT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF) and Ego...just Ego. (his characterization was very spot-on, imo, and his words and gestures were very true to his character).

But the part I LOOOOOOOOVED the most was the whole mushroom thing and I will admit that I started jumping up and down in anticipation on my chair here.

So gooooooooood ;w; cannot get over it OTL
Schoollie chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
This is a great and sad story. I love it!
KicsterAsh chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I loved how this story was written, totally blew me away. The relationship that each character shares with Remy is just beautifully explained in this story of yours. I honestly felt like I was watching another movie.

I read your other Ratatouille one-shots and have concluded that you've got an amazing gift at writing. Seeing these pieces really revived my love for the movie. I wrote some stories for Remy as well, and seeing how well yours are written gives me an even bigger boost at writing more.

I have an account on deviantart. If I get around to doing so, would you mind if I drew some illustrations to your stories?
SelenaWolf chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Oh wow, this one was just amazing. You had me almost not breathing as I read, and I was feeling the emotions right along with the characters, especially the breathless, gleeful moment with Emile helping recreate the mushroom thing.

I'm very, very glad to have stumbled onto this one. I usually try to stay away from possible tearjerkers, but wow. I'm glad I didn't this time. Very well done.
hidden stranger chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Rare is it to come across a story that touches my heart as this does, you have successfully painted this story into a vivid beautiful film which one could only wish was actually produced on film. Wonderful and well written, I can say this was a superb find! I would be very proud of this if I were you.
mpkio2 chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Don't was so FUCKING SAD!

I actraully cried!

This was long and so well written! Well done!

I'm glad Remy pulled through! :D
Astra-The-Goddess chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
Yay! Remy survived! That mushroom as the first thing he ever cooked, and that as the food that woke him up! That was the food that gave him life, concidering how he cooked it the first time, with a bolt of lightinig!
yensid365 chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new, an extraordinary story from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the liturature and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about Ratatouille is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto: Anyone can cook. But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. It is difficult to imagine more humble origins than those of the genius now cooking at Gusteau's, who is, in this critic's opinion, nothing less than the finest chef in France. I will be returning to this writer soon, hungry for more.
Animation Universe 2005 chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
That is so awesome! I love this fanfic so much and I love Ratatouille also.
kittenkatpaw chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
Catching up on reviews today (as if you couldn't have guessed; all but one have been for you), and discovered to my chagrin that I never left a review for this one! So, to quote Emile: "Wow, you have a gift!" And my line of choice to highlight for praise:

"His ‘different’ son’s words echoed through Django's head as he ran as he'd never run before – to ask for help from a human."

A wonderful way to point up how Remy and his pursuit of his dreams changed everyone he touched for the better...which, of course, is part of why Remy is so lovable. :) I also love the scene where Alfredo and Emile, the rat "with the kind eyes," watch over Remy together and Alfredo gives him a bit of cheese. And as always your writing is emotionally wrenching (I confess I nearly brought my rats to the computer to cuddle on while I read, but they'd have scrambled all over and made reading impossible), yet ultimately satisfying. Again, a beautiful exploration of the characters and their relationships!
Mists chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
That was beautiful. The characters were prefect, the emotions were right on, and overall it was heart warming. I love your HP fics too. You're an excellent writer. I hope to read more of your HP and Ratatouille work soon.