Reviews for Set the Fire
The despair and tension was tangible throughout, and, the end was down right creepy. :D
EmilyChelidon chapter 20 . 11/7/2013
I finally finished it! :D Wow, what an amazing story. Even if I did take about a week to pluck up the courage to continue reading after Don got shot in the head (Emily in freak-out mode, heh). I had no idea you could actually survive that...well, guess you learn something new every day!

I love Charlie in this, especially in the quarry - this is REAL applied maths! I love hero-Charlie. He is so much stronger than many people portray him. You do it so well. Also, Don's surreal experiences in the quarry are very well done.

The ending is perfect, tentative feeling the way between the brothers and yet they understand each other better than either of them thinks ;) And creeeeepy...I had the feeling Redondo was still out there...would love to know how the heck he survived being blown to smithereens! Is there a sequel in the works?

Thanks for writing this, I really enjoyed it!
JennyWren chapter 20 . 8/13/2012
Great fic with a shivery ending. I wish there was more, but I guess not? Anyhow, I loved. Good song, too...
Cissyaliza chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Very good fic.

Have you think to write a suite with Carmene's return?
kamadi chapter 19 . 12/24/2009
Just re-read this story again...and I still love it..I'm also still waiting to see if your going to write more in this Verse...so can you give me (and the rest of your fans) a Christmas present in the form of the first part of the sequel? pretty plz?...with sprinkles on top?
Christina chapter 20 . 6/3/2009
I would really like to see a sequel to this story if the muse inspires you. I really liked the fact that Charlie was allowed become a stronger person and also to realize what his brother must feel. The relationship between Renondo and Don is fascinating. You did a very good job building the suspense about Don's fate and showing the length of and issues with his recovery.
epalladino chapter 20 . 3/24/2009
This was truly a suspenseful, well written story. I hope there's a sequel. Thanks, Beth
AmberAmethyst chapter 12 . 12/17/2008
When you say tachycardia, is that resulting from the defibrillator being at such a high voltage? Because if you mean his heart is too slow, that's bradycardia. I suppose he could be going into shock as well...sorry. I'm finished with my medical geek thing.
Kazuki Landen chapter 20 . 10/1/2008
Woah. Not good. Scary bond-type villain...

Well, the bad guys were bad and the good guys were better than ever :)

Don's monster theme running through it was really good... it's difficult to imagine him being scared of anything, but you managed it perfectly.

I think this is my favourite of your fics so far :)
kamadi chapter 20 . 9/2/2008
Just discovered this story...and it's good..no scratch that: it's excellent! But it's not really finished is it?...so how about a sequel? I for one would like to get more Don/criminal action ;)
Forsaken Gratitude chapter 20 . 5/30/2008
Beautiful and simply amazing. I'd write a longer review, but it's 2:30 in the morning and your story seems to have melted my brain. Keep up the excellent work!
kitsune chapter 20 . 5/24/2008
I really hope you write a sequil to this. it was amazing!
jjm223 chapter 20 . 5/10/2008
This was such an amazing story that once I started reading it I couldn't stop til I reached the end! I loved how well you captured each character, especially Don, but you also developed interesting characters of your own. Carmine Redondo is a perfect "bad guy", the evil in the man practically jumps off the page.

I also loved the scenes with Don and his father, naturally any father would be devastated to come as close to losing his son as Alan did in this story, but you wrote that angst perfectly. The flashbacks Don had to being a little kid afraid of monsters in his bedroom were especially heart-wrenching, but I could sense how scared and confused he was at the same time.

I've been a fan of Numb3rs since the show began, but only found my way to this section of recently, and your current story Benedictus was actually the first one I read. I read the first few chapters, and was curious about your other work, which is how I found this story. (I was thrilled to see it was complete!) I love reading realistic stories, especially ones that are as well written and developed as yours. Keep up the great work, and if there is a sequel to this story in the works, I know I won't be the only reader that's excited!
Blindbadger chapter 20 . 3/19/2008
Hello there,

This was truly a fantastic read. It had everything and I was gripped to the edge of my seat from such an early stage of this tale. It was so good that I read the whole epic in one sitting and was just enthralled throughout.

My favourite thing about Numb3rs is the 'Family' element and though I know that it is very much the background 'b' storyline most of the time, I do so enjoy it when that side of things are explored in Fanfic and this story was worth every second/minute/hour I spent reading it.

One question. Considering the end, is there any chance of a sequel? I know, I know, I'm being greedy considering the length of this tale, but you have left this one on a sort of cliffhanger haven't you - chuckle :-D

Either way though, thank you ever so much for sharing this wonderful tale. Time well worth spent on reading it

Take care

Della

:-)
snchills chapter 20 . 1/2/2008
Claps..great story, sorry to see it end. Great job.