Reviews for A Name Written In The Stars
maggiemay chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
I loved this.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Great. But I still go for the original story. :)
BurningTorch chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
This is a beautiful story, truly heartbreaking, but full of hope. I love the ending, although Alison is gone, she lives on when Robert sees and remembers her; and she lives on in little Alison.
benebu chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
A beautiful, bittersweet story. I especially liked the dialogue, I could exactly hear Allison say that kind of things. *sighs* There can be no happily ever after for them, can it?
GalaMD chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
Brilliant title for a heartbreaking fic!

When I read the summary of your latest Afterlife fic I jumped in my seat ;) The AU nature of your idea fascinated me straight away, 'cause through season one, when I found out tha the series had been axed and there would be no third season, I imagined it would be Alison the one to die in the end.

Your revision of the last scenes in "things forgotten" brought tears to my eyes. Alison's confusion and Robert's concern were so genuine! And it sets the perfect start for your deviation from canon ;)

Some twisted sense in poetic justice made me smile at the way Robert was told of Alison's brain tumour, as unexpectedly as it happened to Alison in canon. Call me evil, but I was somehow glad and satisfied that you made him go through the same traumatic experience... hmph ;)

However, you had to have him confessing his feelings for her, just as she was dying and her spirit showed itself to him one last time. *sniffs* So incredibly bittersweet that 'long' talk they have before she has to leave him forever and the kind of conversation they should have given us in the last episode to tie all loose ends! I really loved the quiet content smile she offers him when she realizes that she was loved, corresponded by him, all along. The way she persuades him to move on and support Jude and her baby, be a father and a husband again and live the long happy life he deserves. Very beautiful and IC:) and that goodbye kiss broke my heart!

Your epilogue to the whole series was hopeful and tender. Loved the idea of Robert and Jude (yeah! even it it's Jude ;)) having another baby, naming her after Alison and trying to become a family again. Robert's book becomes a bestseller and he finally accepts his new condition as a believer, and welcomes those flashes of Alison's wherever he goes. *This* gives the show the sense of real closure I would have liked for them.

Thank you very much, Clinic Duty! :)
aghast chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
That was very sweet and sad, and interesting to see what it might have been like if the situation had been reversed. I liked that they called the baby Alison. :)