Reviews for A Guide To Writing A Good Prince Of Tennis Story
HitmanTargetsYou chapter 1 . 3/12
Lol, I agree with this entirely. Though, there's another thing that really, really peeves me... what the fuck is up with all the "Ryoma's twin" shit? And why is his "twin" basically just a carbon copy of him? It's kind of annoying.

Anyways, great job, I like this. I'm planning to do an OC fic myself, and this helped a lot.
sayume214 chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
I agree with most of your pet peeves, though i believe you left out something important; 2 things actually, and they are MY pet peeves.

I see often than the OC's for romance stories are...

1. Too plain. Some people are SO obsessed with avoiding Mary Sues that they do the opposite and make the most boring characters ever. I mean, if someone feels like reading a love story with a certain character, it is because we like him/her, right? Then, why would we like the idea of him/her being with someone completely uninteresting? And at that, they often just love the OC for no real reason, just because. It makes me roll my eyes. Is it realistic? Maybe, but who cares about realism if it's so uninspiring?

2. Alright and not boring, but their personalities and beliefs are too incompatible with the character they are paired with. I cannot imagine Atobe, someone with so much self-confidence, with a ridiculously shy and negative girl who lets herself be bullied quietly (unless that's past and she's changed), for example. Having the characters fall for OC's they would canonically NOT like is another way of making them OOC, in my opinion.

Just putting my 2 cents there.
Pixelated Optimism chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
This, contrary to your belief, is not a waste of time. Actually, I do agree. I don't want others to flame me for this but I have to blurt this one out: I hate bending stories as much as possible. Scanning all of the stories posted here I have full confidence that only 10% pass as something acceptable (let me be clear: IN MY OWN STANDARDS). I know we're retarded little fans who do nothing but to ship characters all day long but let's face it, writing fanfiction has certain limitations. We all have our shortcomings and this site is free but that doesn't really give us the freedom to write a fic where Echizen's too far off from the original story. Please understand that we have to put reigns on our horses sometimes. I may not be a good writer but I am a critical reader and it pains my ass to find stuff here even my imagination couldn't reach.

Thank You for posting something like this.
LavendaK chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Good points. I disagree some of them, but over all helpful.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Personally, I like Romaji in fanfiction. It boils down to preference, I think, but you make a good point about the need to use it correctly. As for cliches, there's a reason these are cliched. The basics make for an interesting premise but the writer gets bogged down with trite ideas and mundane dialogue. A well-written cliche is gold in my book because the author has thrown out the dirty water and kept the baby, so to speak. Recycling old mayerial well is not easy.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Just wanted to say that I love that you wrote this because so many of the things you listed bother me so much. The paragraphing and all the annoying
OCs: but you still managed to make it funny at the end. So thanks again, I hope some people take what you wrote to heart.
Jabberawr chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
This is when I look at a LOT of fanfics, and think... "Can they please stop putting all these obvious things in the plot? Like please. Grammar?"

This guide is 100% worth reading. 200% for people who broke all 10 rules of that guide.

That was worth the 5 minutes it took to read!
mintcaffeine chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
This is very helpful. Thank you very much!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Thanks. Helped a lot
JigokuTenshi834 chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Thanks for this _
EmeraldRain25 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
This was actaully really interesting. I have to say im probably guilty of a few cliches and whatnot. Also I was wondering if I could go over a Prince of Tennis story Idea with you... You know, just to make sure its not to Cliche and my OC is not a Mary Sue?
Sora chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
I think you're cool and your opinions do make a whole lot of sense! Thank you for the tips, i'll definitely avoid those Mary Sues! :)
WorkingToLive chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
I'm the 100th review! yay, I found this to be very helpful. I was sadly guilty of many of these things but i caught my sitakes early enough to where I can change them. Thanks so much for this.
OROgoldenpair1 chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Thanks a lot for this!
demoncat13 chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Thank you. Now if you would write a guide on how to get your muse back when she runs away, that would be even mror helpful, for me at least.