Reviews for Kingdom Animalia
Nettik chapter 11 . 1/27/2009
Cool story! Love it! I can't wait for the next chappie!
Lupanari chapter 11 . 6/16/2008
This is great. Normally, I don't read stories like this, since I prefer if it's connected to an actual game, but this is really getting good and I could not stop reading.

Leo is awesome. And if he isn't somehow connected to the Great Lion, I will be very surprised. Although, what's his problem here at the end?

Please update soon!
E04 chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Hi, Twilight Stallion, it's good to finally get the chance to read your work! Firstly, I'd like to comment on how poignant and succinct your style is without being superfluous, at all. I admire that very much in writing. Secondly, I'm excited to read the following chapters-your stories seem quite unique in the sense that many of the main characters appear to be either from the animal kingdom, or from the human "kingdom" with some sort of connection to the animals kingdom. I like this very much :)!

Keep up the wonderful work!

Kamikon Wolf chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Long time no see, eh?

Finally took the time to read this story. It's a little hard to follow...but I'd expected Kingdom Animalia to be a Twilight Princess deal. Proven not to be the case...tell me, is it AU or is it based off of another Zelda game? (unfortunately, I've only played TP).

Anyways, it looks nice from the beginning. The contradiction between Boss and Employee is uncanny, how Rex can hardly ride Epona, while it seems Link can ride her with ease. I like it.

I'll have to look at the rest another time I'm afraid.

~Kamikon Wolf~
Ultimate chapter 11 . 3/22/2008
This story has much potential. I would include a dark side for Link (Dark Link) Stronger than link but with an air of insanity. If you've ever watched Bleach it would be like the protagonist's inner hollow. Also I believe the wolf also suits Link perhaps the bearer could have died naturally and bestows Link with it's power. These are just suggestions to make a great story better. in any event I look forward to more.
darkfox200 chapter 10 . 3/3/2008
So after reading two of your other fanfics and finishing up this one, I have to say that I really enjoy your interpretation of Link's personality. Particularly in this story.

It's sounding good to me so far, and I eagerly anticipate seeing the next chapter. Good luck with the writing! \o

Tanookie chapter 9 . 1/12/2008
I love this story. I'm so glad to see Zelda taking on a more 'naturalistic' feel, if you will. In fact, it's one of the reasons I loved TP so much. You write wonderfully, and I can picture everything perfectly. Kudos! :)

However, I'm a little concerned for Zelda...perhaps you could write a chapter or interlude from her point of view, simply so we can see how our little princess is doing? I pray she'll get into some combat or something action-packed later.

Can't wait for the update!
Davin Sunrider chapter 9 . 12/28/2007
I like this story. You've got an interesting premise, well executed and smoothly paced. The opening chapter really hooked my interest, and kept me reading to the end of this one.

One thing that's obvious to me is that you know about horses, and not just what you read in books, either. It seems to me that you have a lot of personal experience with them, and it shines through in this story.

Having the main villain be the Hero's brother is an interesting twist, though I thought it stretched belief slightly that Link would have forgotten all about his brother after only three years. I liked the interactions between the brothers, especially as Link figures out what Malus is up to.

I like Leo; he's always got something funny to say, and I get the feeling he knows more than he's telling, covering it up by teasing Link.

Link himself is well-written, and he's an interesting character. I like how you've given him a distinctive personality, instead of him feeling like the same adventure hero you've seen a hundred times before.

I'm interested to see where you're going with this, and I'll be keeping an eye on this story. This really deserves more reviews, I can tell you that. There really aren't enough original stories set in the Zelda universe, and it's always fun to find a good one.
Tanookie chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
This is a wonderful start to the story. I read your story "The Hyrulean Mare" and thoroughly enjoyed it; Epona's my favorite character in the series. Anyway, I love this first chapter and can't wait to read what happens next. This takes place in a different Hyrule, correct? Because I don't exactly remember a 'Scutum.' But I'm looking forward to reading the rest!
Frogus chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
I've just read Chapter 1. Like I've said before, you've definitely improved. I always enjoy when writers are original with their plots, when they don't simply retell incidents of the games. You definitely have an original plot that's interesting and engaging. To sum up: good start.

One of the reasons behind the story’s unpopularity may be the opening, in which you describe a fairly prosaic place. Bring your reader into the moment; this can’t be accomplished if your first paragraph is geographical. I find it helpful to describe an event in the first few sentences instead of a place, unless that place is especially abnormal or sets a particularly powerful mood. So, you may want to open with the spectators, Epona, or Link instead of the Green River.

The ending to this chapter is much more effective. I found myself surprised by Link's audacity. It's an excellent lead into the next chapter.
Bumble Bee chapter 6 . 10/20/2007
Yep, just me again. Good update!
Snowsilver chapter 6 . 10/20/2007
Well, your story was one of the ones I was hoping to see when the site updates, so I guess that means I'm 'hooked.'

You've got an interesting, original plot going that also fits a lot of the Zelda archetype.

Is there no Animal representing Power? You've got Wisdom and Courage, but then again it is different than the Triforce, right?
Bumble Bee chapter 5 . 10/20/2007
Yay for another great chapter! It's a sad thing that this story is so great, yet few people bother to give it the good reviews this story deserves.
Bumble Bee chapter 3 . 10/20/2007
An absolutely wonderful story! I'm suprised I didn't come across it sooner. Thankyou so much for uploading this excellent fic.
Foofmeister chapter 5 . 9/25/2007
wow! That was really good! I can't wait for more!