Reviews for Goldilocks and the Four Heads of Houses
MinervaB chapter 5 . 6/30/2009
Oh! That is definitely my favourite story ever! Bloody brilliant! you are fantastic! that was pure genius, that was! great fic! great!

Hajiscello chapter 5 . 2/2/2009
That was really funny! I broke down laughing every other second!

I'm a big fan of Severus/Lily, but light Severus/Minerva is always fun.
Sinkme chapter 5 . 1/24/2009
omg that was hilarious

i'd love to see a follow up (unless there is one and then im going to go read it now)
Kelly Chambliss chapter 5 . 12/18/2008
Chapter 5 -

You do a lovely job with Flitwick; his character rings very true - gentlemanly, perceptive, kind. Pomona continues to work well, too; I like the hint of badger-ness in her. I also like the way you return McG and Snape to their usual selves, but with that nice touch of vulnerability.

The scene with Fred and George is well-placed: just the bit of vinegar we need to return the world, as Sprout says, to "normal."

I love the smile of the "Very Lucky Man."

One error: "omniscient heart-shaped confetti" - I think you mean "omnipresent" (unless they're some magical "all-knowing" confetti)

A superb story all around; this is one for the "keeper" file.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 4 . 12/18/2008
You do a fine job in varying the narratives in each chapter to show how the different people observe (although I did think that perhaps the re-cap went on just a little too long in this chapter). I like your characterization of Sprout, and the MM-SS scene is hot! Pomona is right about teachers needing to be actors, too. Love Snape mouthing "help me."

Britpick thing - I believe that "sure" (instead of "yes") is something of an Americanism.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 3 . 12/18/2008
Chapter 3 - a grand McG chapter, with another of your perfectly-crafted endings. Personally, I always wondered how Minerva justified allowing Harry to break the first-year-broom rule *g*

ISuch a fun scene to witness. All of fanfic is a form of voyeurism, one could argue, and I enjoy being an explicit part of it.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 2 . 12/18/2008
Chapter 2 - You manage the pov shift beautifully; Lockhart is so perfectly self-absorbed and foolishly arrogant. I love how quickly he decides that Severus really wants to be top to Goldi's bottom. And of course, how well he knows the "ritual." It's all just so. . .endearing!

Great lines and details -

"He almost wished someone could take a photograph of them; a document of this moment of highest passion."

(You don't need the semi-colon, though; a comma would do, or maybe a colon)

the "superb hand balm" - all part of the ritual, right?

"the secrets of manly love"

"nay, the friendly card-carrying cupids" - of COURSE Goldi would say "nay"; great touch

"Gilderoy only opened his mouth slightly and waited for The Kiss.

"And waited." - Perfect placement of "and waited"; love the capitals
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
Oh, my, too funny. Most fanfic humor is just silly; it's the rare story that can be funny and reasonably canonical/serious at the same time. Your sense of character is so sharp - both Snape and Lockhart are priceless. (I enjoy SS's "light" reading - "complete with accurate engravings," indeed.)

Here are just a few of the lines that had me laughing aloud (a feat most fanfic accomplishes only unintentionally):

-"of course Lockhart was not interested in an ancient teacher with one hand missing"

-"that certain ex-Death Eater glamour"

-"Those curls looked fresh off the hair rollers"

-"He retreated one step and felt something hard and cold against his back. Damn, the wall."

-"He was a former Death Eater, after all, and might just forget about that former any second now."

-"There were literally sparks in the air."

And my favorite: “Let me show you what ‘Magical Me’ is all about…”

Only one possible false note - I don't think Severus would use the phrase "for sure" ("you will feel my displeasure for sure" - too informal/juvenile, I think. And is it quite British?).
Hypnobarb chapter 5 . 11/21/2008
Delightful ending with hope for the future!
Hypnobarb chapter 4 . 11/21/2008
This is better than killing Lockhart.

Not only does Snape humiliate him (which Lockhart may not understand is humiliation), but Snape is going to get the girl!
Hypnobarb chapter 3 . 11/21/2008
Oh, I love this! That sly wench. I knew Minerva could be that kind of a girl, if she wanted.
Hypnobarb chapter 2 . 11/21/2008
Can we watch Snape kill Lockhart?

Can we?

Rushing onto the next chapter.
Hypnobarb chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
I was laughing right to the last line when you turned this into a horror story.

Can't wait to see the consequences Lockhart experiences due to his missplaced affections.
Fire From Above chapter 5 . 8/17/2008
That was a nice and fun story. Thanks.
Fire From Above chapter 4 . 8/17/2008