Reviews for LBT & FN Crossover: A Journey Home
2jbohl chapter 10 . 10/8
On LBT & FN Crossover, Chapter 1 makes so Terrifying, Chapter 2 makes me Confused, Chapter 3 Marlin died makes me so Sad, Chapter 4 Nemo, Tad, Sheldon, Pearl and Squirt are so Funny, Chapter 5 makes me Horrifying, Chapter 6 makes me Lonely, Chapter 7 makes me so Embarrassing, Chapter 8 Makes me Creep me out, Chapter 9 makes me so Sad and Chapter 10, Sliver Reef was so Proud of Nemo, Tad, Sheldon, Pearl, Squirt and Me, You can call me Mii Characters, That's it!
Joshua Bohl chapter 10 . 10/3
This Chapter 7 is so Embarrassing! This is so Embarrassing, Oh my Gosh, Looks like Bee Movie, Chapter 7 is not Great just Embarrassing because.
Joshua Bohl chapter 10 . 10/2
This one is so Embarrassing! I love it, This Chapter 7 is so Embarrassing, I wish Nemo would Apologize to Tad, That be okay, Chapter 7 is so Embarrassing, Let's Try LBT & FN Crossover Sequels, That is so Awesome, And by the way, Chapter 7 is so Embarrassing!
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 8/14/2016
Dear Firefly:

I dunno. The whole point of the "Land before Time" opening was to evoke that mystic solemnity that hangs over the primeval past. And mystic solemnity isn't really an appropriate mood for Pixar; it's the glory of their films to be vibrantly intimate and down-to-earth, however majestic their backdrops may be. (You'll notice that, whereas their partners at Disney have successfully opened half a dozen films with that kind of grave voice-over, Pixar's openings tend to be more along the lines of, "Is this on?" or, "All right, everyone, this is a stickup! Don't anybody move!")

So I don't think it works to just transpose the LBT story from the Mesozoic to the Pacific and expect it to do the same job. You'd have to actually change the characters themselves - give them the same kind of otherworldly mystique as fish that Littlefoot and Cera had as dinosaurs - make us imagine them, for the duration of this story, as pen-and-ink drawings rather than computer-generated images. (Because the medium is an important aspect of this whole thing; there's a certain crisp abstractness about computer animation that makes it all but incapable of telling this kind of story. That, I think, is part of what Miyazaki Hayao was getting at when he said that computer animation didn't fit the Japanese imagination.) I don't say that that can't be done, but I think it would take a more radical effort than you seem to have put in here.

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
nightcreature16 chapter 4 . 3/16/2015
this is heart wrenching a good story
The Imaginative Light chapter 10 . 3/18/2009
*sniff* This was beautiful. One of the best! I'm going to sing that song now.
justcallmereggie chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
This storytres cute! :D ;)
caseyo818 chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
" It's beautiful! I'm going read this over and over! I'm looking forward for more of your great fics. "
samuraistar chapter 10 . 12/7/2007
*breaks into song*

Don't lose your way

with each passing day

You've come so far

Don't throw it away!

Live your story

Faith, hope, and glory

(forgot this line, sorry)

If we hold on together,

I know our dreams will never die

Dreams see us through to forever

when clouds roll by

for you and I!

That's the very best I can describe the total awesomeness of this story: With the Diana Ross ending credits song! Appropriate, yes? Love it so much I wanna cry!

APPLAUSE! ROSES! Looking forward to more fantastic fics!

Love,

-samuraistar .
caseyo818 chapter 9 . 11/27/2007
Just one chapter to go! You're almost done!
Sweet Possum chapter 9 . 11/27/2007
just one more chapter to go! keep up the good work!
Sweet Possum chapter 8 . 11/25/2007
good job so far! but you still have one more chapter to go! well i mean, the story is almost done! so get it done soon! can't wait!
caseyo818 chapter 8 . 11/14/2007
Tad's hiding his feelings. Poor thing. Keep writing! I really love it so far!
Sweet Possum chapter 2 . 11/5/2007
oh you did such a good job! it sounds just like Land Before Time, and it looks just like Finding Nemo! you did make one small mistake, and that's when you called Tad's dad 'Phil'. his name is actually Bill, but that's ok. everybody makes mistakes. but awesome! i'm sure the rest of the story will be great! but i already knew that from the beginning.
samuraistar chapter 7 . 11/5/2007
NO! This is gettin' good!

More, please!