Reviews for Fading Shadow
Anon chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
Hauntingly lovely and beautiful.
nymendez chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
You have a good story that you could elaborate more. Have a good premise.
Pieredae's Muse chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
I really enjoyed your depiction of Faramir's and Eowyn's early days together. I think you captured the essence of their relationship: the caution, the love, and the understandings. The ending was well done as well. Thanks for sharing with us! take care- Req
trecebo chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Loved the lines of the last big paragraph, eyes as devastating as the sea before a storm... Excellent visuals and great execution.
littlejuliesparkles chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
I like that you tackled this idea of Eowyn and Faramir not being 100% peachy keen after their marriage. It's so realistic that Eowyn would still be holding back, that her feelings for Aragorn would not be so quick to die. You did a really good job of portraying how Eowyn's confusion would affect their relationship. I liked Faramir's stubbornness, and how you characterized him as being reluctant to believe that Eowyn's feelings had changed.

The ending seemed a bit off to me, though. Perhaps you could have fleshed it out more and given some more depth to the "Hm, you have nice facial structure. I DO love you!" part. The tone felt a little too happy and giddy given the rest of the story; it would have been more realistic (I thought) if you ended it on a more "cautiously optimistic" note. That's just my opinion, of course. But I really did like your story and how you showed the effect of Eowyn's "shadow" on Faramir and the couple as a whole. Kudos!
AHealingRenaissance chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
...sniffle...sniffle...that was sweet :)
Mairi chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
I just have to say I was vey glad Eowyn and Arwen did not act like they hated each other in this. It really bothers me when they do... Anyway, nice writing.
Adalanta chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
Oh, what a wonderful, heart-breaking story! And it brings to mind such an interesting point: how can one fall out of love completely and into a new love so quickly? I loved how the guard could see what was happening to Faramir and yet Eowyn had missed it. And I loved your ending!

Thank you for such a heart-felt read. Keep up the great work!
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
Well written, and very sweet.

One quibble: Aragorn's name as king was King Elessar [sindarin for Elfstone], not King Aragorn.

Happy writing!

hugs,

Sarah x
DarkDefender89 chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
beautifully written, even though i don't like this pairing.
Celtic druidess chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
this is really good, that's not the end I hope? I'd like to see Aragorn take part in the plot.

also, does Arwen know of Eowyn's feelings for Aragorn? it'd be great to see her reaction when she finds out.

I doubt that Arwen and Eowyn would be "old friends" after a matter of weeks.