Reviews for Disaster in the South Pacific
PurpleBlaze chapter 15 . 6/28/2009
I love so far how Scott is learning a new appreciation of Gordon's skills, because what he does is so different from the other four Tracy boys. It was funny when Scott tried to take over the controls for awhile, but obviously wasn't adept to the skill.
Red Hardy chapter 21 . 5/22/2009
Hi there. I actually reviewed this story on TIC where I originally read it but I get the impression sometimes the writers don't see those reviews. So, given that this was such a wonderful story I thought I'd leave a few words here too. I'll give you the condensed version as I think the review I left on TIC is about the length of a one shot story! LOL! When I really, really love a story I tend to run off at the mouth and leave really, really long reviews.

Here's the Cliff notes review. Prior to reading this story I had never even heard of Battle of the Planets (and to be honest I'm still not sure if it's a t.v. show, a graphic novel. a book series or what...) so I went into this story completely blind to half of the characters. I'm also really not a fan of crossovers at all, even when I'm familiar with both fandoms. But you did such a phenomenal job on this story I was sucked in from the very first paragraph! I read the whole thing in one go and when it was over I almost cried.

Suffice it to say - I LOVED IT! There were a couple of times I wasn't too sure if I was 'reading' the G Force characters correctly as I had no basis for comparison as far as their personalities go; a few times they seemed a little too cocky but again that could just be me not being familiar enough with them.

This was one of those stories that when you are done reading it, it sticks with you. I kept thinking about it for days. So your worry about it appealin to only 'three people' was unfounded, at least in my opinion!

As I mentioned up there, the really detailed review is at TIC but I wanted to review here too, because this amazing piece of writing deserves every bit of praise and more!

Now... are you considering doing the sequel that was hinted at, at the end of this story? I'd LOVE to see the whole mistaken identity thing with Alan and might Scott get the chance to see the Phoenix and fly G-1? I really, really hgope we'll be seeing the follow up story one day!

Again you did a GREAT job on this! I absolutely loved it!
DarkBeta chapter 21 . 5/11/2009
oops.

Do you have a sequel planned? Because if not, what suspense!

I was very happy to see Tin-Tin considered as back-up. Swimsuits and shopping are all very well, but not the apex of a girl's accomplishments!

gratefully,

db
DarkBeta chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
"Or was there?" da-da-da-dum!

I'm only mildly familiar with Battle of the Planets and even less so with Thunderbirds, but i still say this is a great cross-over. I'm really impressed with the *professionalism* of both teams. (Even if one of them is teenagers.)

Thank you for an interesting blending of the two shows. Your familiarity with both of them really shows, and the effort you put into making them cohere.

gratefully,

db
spinkle22 chapter 21 . 4/17/2008
This is an amazing story! I'm being serious... you have a really really good writing style, and I really enjoyed reading this. Keep it up! Spinky :D
Lady Tragic chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
I like it. I could follow it despite being familiar with *neither* fandom, and was interested enough t keep reading in spite of it.

Cpncrit; Some of your sentences tend to run on.
SerenaDeb chapter 21 . 11/19/2007
I have no idea what Battle of the Planets is, but that didn't stop me from enjoying this story. Liked the idea of Tin Tin being reserve Aquanaut. Thanks
Math Girl chapter 15 . 10/21/2007
Gordon is a nice guy. His understanding and distraction of Jason in the airlock were very kind. I like the way that the two teams keep comparing notes on their different equipage. Nice work, Cath! :)

Math Girl chapter 21 . 10/21/2007
Well deserved self-plug! And anyone who wears an outfit like Zoltar's (koff-koff!) has no right to drip sarcasm at *anyone*. I hope that you'll write a sequel soon, showing Scott flying the Phoenix once more. Aww... he got butterflies!

Math Girl chapter 20 . 10/21/2007
Hey, on the gravity-generator thing, I'd read recently in NewScientist where there's a possibility of reversing and magnifying Casimir forces to achieve manipulation of gravity. In theory, anyhow. Don't know whether they've put it to actual use. Might explain the grav platforms, though. Anyhow, it's a lot of fun to see Scott and Mark playing off each other. They're both such type-A personalities... :)

tiylaya chapter 21 . 10/5/2007
Note to self: Never start reading Cath's fanfic after 11pm! As always with your stories I was enthralled, and literally couldn't stop before getting to the end (I tried and finally gave up trying to sleep and finished it about 2am).

I like the way you've captured both the IR and the BotP teams. I admit I was sceptical about whether the crossover would work but you pulled it off beautifully. The shared secrets the teams now hold can only pull them together still more and I'm dying to see the sequel that you foreshadowed in this epilogue!
anon chapter 21 . 9/17/2007
Generally, I avoid crossovers, but I've enjoyed your other TB fics, and gave this one a go. This was really good! I had no trouble following the story line, and felt like I knew the BotP characters as well as I knew the Tracy boys. Nicely written Scott, by the way. Kept both him and his anxieties in character the whole time.

I've even gone and looked up BotP on youtube. Kinda a cool show. I can't wait to see the follow-up to this. Alan's in trouble...
Sam1 chapter 21 . 9/15/2007
OH CRAP! Yep, that sums up the ending quite well I think.
sam1 chapter 18 . 9/12/2007
"Scott one of the early implantees? Well, he'd never seen that coming."

Heck, I never saw that one coming either. Sorry for being so lax in reviewing but I'm still reading and enjoying the story. It's interesting to watch the two ultra-secretive teams work together.

Looking forward to more, soon?
Math Girl chapter 6 . 9/9/2007
I empathise with Gordon and the G-team's crowded situation. Sounds like a very long road trip with the family. Princess's embarrased reaction at the end was cute, as was the whole "Can't use billionaire playboy's son as a job description" line. The media's guesses about which celebrity is what team member were funny, too. I'm not even missing Mark, here, mostly because it gives Jason more of a chance to star.