Reviews for Disaster in the South Pacific
Tikatu chapter 21 . 10/2/2016
Ah, so we don't get to see Scott's visit to iSO in this fic. Hmm.

Nice way of bringing the story around to the scene with Scott and Virgil at the beginning, with Scott eating humble pie over his assessment of Gordon's risk-taking. (I think you have a soft spot for Gordon.)

Ooh, Zoltar's grasping the wrong end of the stick here. Good for IR; Spectran forces won't be paying a visit to Tracy Island, but bad for the Tracys because Alan has a target painted on his back.

If there was one thing I would have liked to see in the story, it would be Grandma. This obviously took place after "Move and You're Dead" so she should be on the island, as should Kyrano. The reactions of G-Force to a little old lady who could either boss them around or gently nurture them would be interesting. Their reactions to the Zen composure of Kyrano would be, too.

Otherwise, you've pulled two very disparate fandoms together in a totally plausible and true to canon crossover. Nicely done!
Tikatu chapter 20 . 10/2/2016
The rescues, all three (the team, the Phoenix, and Mark) are all done and, with the test of Brains's gas a total success, G-Force is ready to go home. A promise of mutual aid exchanged and, well, the story is over. Except for Scott's visit to his past in the epilogue.
Tikatu chapter 19 . 10/2/2016
And we're back to Gordon. Snickered at his "throw up like it" comment concerning G-Force-who are back to birdstyle and back to normal. Gordon is impressive enough as he is, what he did to save them all he did without their augmented abilities. He has nothing to be ashamed of-but I guess not feeling beat up after a grueling rescue would be a boon. Good to see him happy with his lot.

On to the next chapter. Will I find that Brains has been inspired? I hope so!
Tikatu chapter 18 . 10/2/2016
So the third rescue enters into its second phase (or is it second rescue? Who cares?) Too bad Scott can't take Mark for a ride but at least the G-Force commander is suitably impressed with Thunderbird 1. Good to see the eager team comfortable enough with the Tracys to let them do their job-and to take a catnap on the beach!

Story is winding down now but we still need to get G-Force home. Moving on to 19.
Tikatu chapter 17 . 10/2/2016
Well, it did work! Mark's back on the horse for good, snapped back to what and who he should be. And with tales to tell about Scott and a certain air show. Good!

Moving on!
Tikatu chapter 16 . 10/2/2016
Finally, G-Force gets some time between the sheets and a shattered Mark gets back on the horse that threw him (metaphorically speaking). Will this help? It doesn't look like it! I like how you get into the mind of a very proud young man as he fights demons he can't even see.

On to Ch. 17.
Tikatu chapter 15 . 10/1/2016
And the salvage job commences. I like the way this is mostly in Scott's POV, watching his brother work, talking Jason out of doing something immensely stupid, then trying his hand at things and realizing how much he sucks at it. (Yes, Scott, the penultimate over-achiever, sucks at something related to IR. Go figure.) Loved the little tweak at his past with ISO: "He missed it, still."

Moving on.
Tikatu chapter 14 . 10/1/2016
More blame game with fewer pissing contests. Maybe Tiny could ride in Two sometime and really appreciate it. I hope Scott taking Mark out in One will help.

On with the salvage job!
Tikatu chapter 13 . 10/1/2016
I knew we could count on Jeff to see the reality of the situation. Brains's poor little robot isn't much to look at but it should suffice.

Good thing Virgil was there to help Mark when another panic attack struck. He's always been the quiet strength of the team. Of course, he'd think Mark would want to go up in Two; he's a test pilot, right? What's not to love about Two? Too bad Mark won't be able to see her for what she is-better than a brick.

Reading on!
Tikatu chapter 12 . 10/1/2016
So, Gordon and Tiny are out and it's Tiny's turn to sleep and recharge. Blaming himself for the mess isn't going to help get the Phoenix back. They'll need him at his best to help get her fixed enough to limp home.

I love the way you've brought such realism to the story.
Tikatu chapter 11 . 10/1/2016
Poor Mark. Like Jason, I hope he gets over this disruption of his emotional and mental processes pretty quick.

I love Alan's line about the Condor lying to "save a few dollars for ISO". Yeah, Virge, that doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? And no, they don't have spare Phoenix ships any more than you have a spare Thunderbird Two.

I really think Jeff will see the need, even if he has to shout at Anderson about it.

Still bingeing.
Tikatu chapter 10 . 10/1/2016
Yes, they need the Phoenix back. No, IR doesn't do property retrieval. But if Alan talks to Virgil and Virgil talks to Scott, then Scott can talk to Jeff to get the a-okay.

Nice way to bring in some backstory of the relationship between Jeff and Anderson. It worked well and didn't feel like a data dump. I think the main reason Jeff hasn't told Tim Casey is that Tim is current military. His loyalties would be torn between his command and his friend. Anderson heads up a secret team much like IR. Little to no conflict there.

Not sleepy enough yet. Reading on.
Tikatu chapter 9 . 10/1/2016
Well, Princess is also a bit suspicious of her hosts. Good thing Anderson has put her mind at rest. Loved her evaluation of Scott's looks but also his age vis-a-vis her own. "If only he were ten years younger..."

And she bonds with Tin-Tin over clothes and swimming. Nice! Next chapter!
Tikatu chapter 8 . 10/1/2016
Alan, you idiot. You didn't follow orders and got a drubbing (and you were lucky at that). Mark wakes up to a familiar voice-and another familiar voice. Love Scott's answer to Mark's question:
"I live here."

Good to see the Eagle up, sort of. Now he can let his implant heal his body. His emotions and mind? We'll see!

Your short chapters make this easy to keep reading.
Tikatu chapter 7 . 10/1/2016
Now everyone is out and Jason is suspicious. He's impressed, of course. Once he knows it was the guy in the glasses who developed the anti-gravity generators, he'll be more impressed. But for now? Suspicious.

And Scott knows Mark in his day job, too. Interesting idea, that.

Hopefully I won't binge reread this, but you never know.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »