Reviews for The Silent Horse
Oliver W.K. Twist chapter 10 . 2/9
Awww... I am disappoint. I was expecting a much more extensive fusion between man and panda, just the ears is kinda lame, though still hilarious.
Duaimei chapter 13 . 12/8/2019
Thank you!
Isis-Pay chapter 13 . 11/28/2019
I read it in one go. really good fic! with such an interesting premise!

(This fic goes to favs)
A. Sirius Riddle chapter 13 . 9/25/2018
i very much enjoyed that! i love how the characters still seemed just like themselves, unlike a lot of fics, tho i do enjoy them as well, but at the same time wasnt as crazy as the canon. great job on a lovely story.
yama oni chapter 1 . 2/27/2017
I only got about half way through chapter 1. Your medical practice is just frustratingly incorrect. 1, you don't let people with concussions sleep for at least 24 hour and during that time you are supposed to engage with them to make sure there isn't any permanent damage. 2, while I could forgive either Akane or Ranma thinking "I'll be fine I'm a martial artist" there is no way Tofu would have suggested Ranma getting some sleep. 3, nightmares or not you don't wake someone with a concussion up by slapping them on the cheek, it doesn't matter how much force you use you just don't.
apeljohn chapter 13 . 5/21/2016
Very good story. Only real criticism: the ending was a tad abrupt. Those last two blocks would have worked better if they were split out into a separate chapter and considerably expanded.
Foxy Engineer chapter 13 . 3/9/2016
I just read this whole fic. It has took me a while to finish this because it's a bit triggery, but you did warn about that. I forced myself to finish because I liked where you were going with this and the story you were trying to tell. I'm glad I read this and I wish there were more fics were as moving as this one.
Pyromania101 chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
I don't like canon Akane, I'm gonna say that straight-up. I think she's a spoiled brat who needs to be disciplined. However, there are stories on this site where I actually do find her likable in a way that's believable. This is one of them. This, to me, shows the wasted potential of her character, because Rumiko Takahashi was more concerned with what she thought was funny rather than important character arcs and such-hell, the reason why the series ended when it did was because she had run out of random ideas and didn't want to move the manga in a more serious direction. While I will admit in hindsight that both the anime and general fanon blew her temper way out of proportions, and that there are other abusive females types I hate a lot more, I don't like Akane, but I don't dislike what she could have been. Hell, I feel the whole series would have been better had serious issues like the ones used here been explored more. So, in conclusion, I do like this story, and I find this interpretation of Akane to be likable and believable. Kudos.
Kisa tracer chapter 13 . 7/6/2015
A great story and loved the ending. It was written well. My question is could you send me a link to your website. I would like to check it out. Thanks.
Darkswordsman Kirito chapter 13 . 7/1/2015
Brilliant. Simply brilliant. The description was well written, detailed but not so much that it becomes boring. Your skill as a writer is rare, being detailed but only describing the bare minimum(except for the parts with tension, but it created a more defined form of tension so that's fine). Not many grammar mistakes. This was also obviously well thought out, making it realistic so others can relate to such a story. The only problem I had was the sign language part. I'm pretty sure that the actual names of people can't be performed through sign language, except perhaps if they were spelt out. But if Ranma had spelt out the letters in Ukyos name, it would have been easier to sign Ukyo rather than waste extra time with Ucchan. I also like how you portrayed Genma, even though he wasn't like a role model father. I don't like Ranma tics that portray Genma as a bad father, generally because I don't really get along well with m own father, but that doesn't matter. I liked the idea of how you expressed Genma as not an uncaring father, but socially corrupted and so many pressured choices. In most cases, I bet that many others would have done the same in his situation, I mean surviving with barely any money or food is bound to force someone into difficult situations. I was thinking you could have gone more into that, maybe have given Genma a flashback with a similar childhood or something that portrays why he is like that. Because from the way you wrote it(don't know if it was on purpose) he was just making excuses. But overall, it was one of the best fics I have read. I hope to read more of your work. I'm stuck between whether I should give you a rating of 10/10 or 11/10.
smashman42 chapter 13 . 2/7/2015
Fantastic story! While I would have liked it to keep going, I totally understand why there won't be a sequel; the conflict in the story is largely resolved after all so what is there really left to tell?
xThomas2 chapter 13 . 12/17/2014
In which the most terrifying aspect of the curse fails to conquer the spirit of man
CMVreud chapter 3 . 11/15/2014
Now if that ain't a fine game of suspense you've played here.
Can't wait to read the next chapters.
What I will.
Now.
Sitruc NoMan chapter 13 . 10/11/2014
Really loved it, kind wished Genma had heard about what Ranma did to Hopposai (is that spelled right?) and to see his reaction.
SomebodyLost chapter 13 . 8/29/2014
Years ago, I enjoyed watching Ranma 1/2 because it was so darn funny. But as I grew up, I became increasingly more aware. I was disgusted at the frequent casual sexual predation of it, particularly Happosai. That soured a lot of anime for me, lol.

I feel sad that it's a woman writing such things. Not that i'm dissing her gender; I'm female as well, but still.

This fic is one of my introductory fics to the Ranma fanfic fandom (first one is The Other Tendo Girl by Kist), and... Wow.

Life has been stressful lately, and to release some creativity, I took to writing fanfics (but they suck lol), particularly romance. Most of the romance i read were too focused on the sexual tension, it just feels dismaying that a really hot one-shot fic had more faves than a twenty-page story of slow, but truly soul-moving romance, romance that would assurely last a long time than just a couple of nights.

Those fics are too small in the fandom I was in, and the well-written ones are fewer.

This fic, albeit in a different fandom, truly refreshed my mind. Aside from being something new for my reading list,t&it felt gratifying that peeps still write stories that can move mountains.

I've seen a large number of anime when it's ok for girls to hit boys. For the sake of comedic purposes, when the boy does do something stupid, I let it slide. But when it stems from a misunderstanding, a thing that could be diffused with a simple talk, it all just feels stale.

What you did, making Ranma and Akane go to a therapist and sort their problems peacefully... Wow. It just brightened my day that in some part of the world, non violence is happening. Peeps may complain that they can't write it or it'll be too boring, bit that fact that you made me feel tension while sipping my lychee juice in a cool evening in my favorite hangout clearly attests to a great skill as a writer.

It's just that, the mature approach on this beloved anime is so well done. The fans are still fans, but they grew up. Fanfics are a good way to reimmerse yourself back, and the mature approach truly made me pleased.

Yeah, sometimes the fanfics are better than canon.

The easy (well from the characters' POVs, no, but you get the point) tidying up of the Shampoo and Happosai problems - wow. Happosai rightly deserves it. I cringe to think that I actually laughed at his antics before.

There were some instances though, that the outright weird things happening felt so strange to uh, happen. Like the casual destruction of property and stealing of undergarments. I think that it's because the lens of the mood of the story, the maturity, is on. We are seeing things from Ranma and Akane's eyes, who are growing and healing. Sure, they still engage in the weirdness from time to time, but they're unconsciously growing up.

Anyhoo, the only complaint I have is that it left some loose ends, like Nabiki's connection with them (love how you handled her, by the way) and that this made my work productivity lower. :D

But dear sir (50 YEAR OLD WRITING FANFICS YES I HAVE A FUTURE TO DO THAT TOO), I would like to thank you for this marvelous piece. I'll probably come down from my high of FEELS soon, but for now, and again, thank you for writing this story.

- Lost-chan