Reviews for Come Around
yorushihe chapter 19 . 1/7/2014
Impressive well written story!
I am wordless ahhah!
I started reading a blessing and a curse first..t hen around chapter 50 i started to wonder the existence of a prequell... Lol! Yes, my brain was that distracted! Another awesome story to keep me busy. Then I decided to seek this 'prequell' if. It really existed, and voi-la! Sure i understand the sequell a lot more now, such as where Erica/stormvolt comes from, but I could have gone with just that.. Drat my curiosity!
Anyhow!
Thank you for this read! I am very grateful that you shared this with everyone :)
PS: I always cheer the Autobots, but your Megatron is very convincing! The lines blur between 'light' and 'dark' autobotxdecepticon, and though Megatron was tricking Erica, from his point of view, the autobots are the bad ones.. Story is written by the victorious afterall, if the dcptcons win, the autobts will be seen as bad anyway! - thats one tough moral dilema.. Wehhh...
icanhascamaro chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
Okay, I'm writing this review after reading this story and its sequel. I hadn't been initially impressed with Erica (she seemed a little flat, but not Mary Sueish), but something said to stick with Erica and her story, and I'm very glad that I did. It's hard writing a catchy first chapter, but you did it! The last scenes of this chapter were priceless, weren't they, Lord Starscream?

I haven't read a whole ton of fics with Starscream and his trine, nor have I read very many G1 based stories (I'm on team movieverse), but I got hooked here and happily so. Yeah the last few paragraphs of chapter one, especially how they were thinking that "it was too late to get another one," really did it for me. Kudos on an awesome story!
00000110 chapter 19 . 2/13/2011
I am such a sucker for good human OC's! I think this story is the first time I've seen one done well with the Decepticons instead of Autobots, too. Really liked the whole arc of Erica going from prisoner to loyal teammate in their midst, and the change in her mindset and opinion toward humanity along the way. The interactions with Rumble and Frenzy were fun, and the friendship with Skywarp was sweet without being too sentimental.

Best of all, you had Erica take a realistic approach to dealing with Megatron (absolute, immediate obedience). It seems like the exactly the behavior a pragmatic human would adopt in the situation, and that kind of believability usually goes out the window in most OC fics.

I just came across the fic by cruising around communities at random, but I'm really glad I gave it a look!
thewiseferret chapter 19 . 3/7/2009
Brilliant.

Glancing at the other reviews I can see some people complaining about your characterisation. Bull. I think you've done a fantastic job and produced an enjoyable, infinately readable and believeable (in so far as giant flying robots can be). Erica doesn't read as being gullable to me, she knows nothing about these creatures and as far as she can see everything else backs up what Megatron tells her. She's a well rounded realistic character, who gets cut off from humans so long with only 'cons to socialise with, of course she sees them as people, of course she sees things from their point of view. And I really appreicated that her conversion read more like coming to terms with forced conscription then Stockholm.

I loved her interation with Starscream, it was hilarious. And with Megatron actually, how it built up and changed. I appreciated that even Megatron wasn't just 'Disney-evil'.

I liked her interaction with Spike and Carly. Because both sides are looking at each other the same way, 'you idiot, you've been duped why can't you see that?'. Erica's joy that the Decepticons were coming for her was infectious, and the fact that they did showed that 'flesh-bag' or not she had become one of them.

Skywarp was fantastic. In everything from shopping, faking a crash and getting mad at her parents to the driving jokes. I really loved that he got her to clean up Thundercracker and then strung him into believing it was Starscream. And the fact they all got thoroughly drunk.

I liked the occasional brushes with various Decepticons that weren't main characters- Frenzy and Rumble, Ravage, you know who I mean- a few accidentally over-heard conversations, the use of names and small on-going jokes really fleshed this out and gave the impression of a base teaming with 'cons that weren't just big bad machines but were real individuals.

This was funny and smart and moving and thoroughly enjoyable...You don't happen to write FMA too do yah?
pacificuser chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Nice! I cant believe this treasure that I have found.
Ghost of the Dawn chapter 4 . 9/12/2008
I have to admit, "Shopping" with Skywarp seems like a lot of fun. Though I'm surprised she didn't ask him to take her home to get her personal items there. For on, every girl has their favorite personables they just can't live without. Also, if there was any chance of sending some kind of call or note for help, it would be there.
Ghost of the Dawn chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
Someone recommended this fic to me. I like these kind of stories so I thought I'd take a look. It's got an interesting enough beginning to keep me reading. But definitely watch out for the overuse of the word "stuff". It's a very lazy noun. It helps to be more specific of what the stuff is.
WitchWolf chapter 19 . 8/31/2008
Since I said I'd read this, I suppose a review is in order. I'm sorry but I really don't have the time to review every chapter seperately (though in each one there are things worth commenting on), so I'll just bundle up teh general impressions in one go.

Good, solid writing that improves as the story progresses (which is good - that's what writing's for ;)). Nice story and interesting concept as well, although the whole thing did seem a bit rushed at times. Meaning, occasionally you glossed over some moments/scenes that I felt would add to teh depth of the story if they had been explored further. Most notably, Erica's "conversion" so to call it - as it is, she came off as fairly daft if she indeed swallowed the whole pack of quite implausible lies so quickly and easily. It *can* be jsutified, of course, but those are the scenes I thought needed expanding - in order to make her "conversion" more plausible and make her seem less guilable. My two cents, anyway...

Now, perhaps this is just me (probably is), but characterization seemed a bit "off" every now and then. To your credit, once you "decided" on a certain character (so to speak), you stick with it all along; maybe it's just that I'm used to a bit different Warp and TC and by extansion, Megatron as well. But an interesting take nonetheless.

As you can see, I mostly have criticism concerning things I'm congratulating you on in the sequel to this. Which means your writing, grasp of characters and presenting important scenes improved immensely. This was, all in all, an enjoyable read, teh sequel is even better and... if you ever make good on that AN promise to post the "deleted/expanded" scenes from this one, you can count on me laping them up like a good little puppy. ;)
ArmoredSoul chapter 19 . 6/25/2008
Awesome.

I read "A Blessing and A Curse" first, as I hadn't realized it was a sequel, so I decided I better figure out who the heck this Erica person was BEFORE she was a jet.

And I have to say, I am most pleasantly surprised.

Fan-fragging-tastic.

Keep up the good work!
Naundi chapter 19 . 12/31/2007
The end of such an interesting, suspenseful fic... heartbreaking.

Poor Erica and Shadow, I'd never woulda guessed that she'd die geez. Can't wait 'til your next story!
tomorrow4eva chapter 19 . 12/23/2007
I've just noticed something. When someone talks without you saying who it is:

"May I join you?"

But it's a sentence instead of a question, it needs to finish with a full stop (period '.') rather then a comma.

I like the Combaticons & Constructicons being snarky at each other. There is a definite tension in this chapter, from both the Decepticon and Autobot scenes.

Wow. The ending is really good. (The teaser even more so). I feel really sad for Erica (and Skywarp). I mean, she's crazy by the end of it, but I really enjoyed seeing the progression, and all of the little adventures along the way were well done.

I liked Shadow too, poor thing. Was Erica the only one that called those things by a name?

I look forward to reading the next installment. Congrats on finishing!
P.A.W.07 chapter 19 . 12/23/2007
Ah … nothing to stir the reader’s emotions like character death. Anyway, I must state that it was nice of you to offer an end for readers if they didn’t wish to continue … but we all know they will. XD

Oh, I can’t wait to see how our dear heroine returns from the death and how her dear Master reacts. Or perhaps, this is just a guess of mine, but she’s probably going to take some type of cerbertronian form, so what if the Autobots find her first? Will she play along or is my hunch completely wrong and you’re going completely somewhere else with this? Either way, I can’t wait to see the fate of Erica.
Maraena chapter 19 . 12/22/2007
*applause*

I hope to read more from you soon. That was a magnificently written piece of fiction from an angle that is not often explored.
amber Kat chapter 18 . 12/19/2007
damn...

I just came across your story today, read all 18 chapters and I think this has got to be, without a doubt one of the best TF fics I've read yet! It was just so enthralling that I couldn't stop until I got to the end - especially the way you portrayed the characters - it was so accurate and the psychological aspect of Erica's mind changing over time was so smoothly written that I couldn't help but find myself cheering her on as she was escaping from the autobots back to the 'cons.

5 stars big time!

- oh and the whole drunk scene was just great lol :)

please update soon - you're fabulous
Naundi chapter 18 . 12/19/2007
No! It's coming to an end! Aw man... oh well this fic is definitely my #1 fav. Can't you post Ch. 19 sooner before Christmas break... I hate suspense!