Reviews for Are Bright Still
onionroach chapter 1 . 4/9/2002
This was so great. You have made me a Syl fan with this little story. It was great and sad and simply lovely to read.
Ashantai chapter 1 . 3/6/2002
Oh my God! I've read this story about a thousand times because I love it so much but STUPID ME didn't see your author's note at the bottom and I just realized you were going to CONTINUE this after I've been wondering FOREVER what was going to happen next! It is so good enough to continue, please do it! I want to know why Zane has called a reunion and I want to see what happened with Syl. I know it's been a long time since you wrote this but pleeeeeease continue it! Pretty please?
D.M.O 452 chapter 1 . 11/26/2001
Great as always. It always surprises me how deep, insightful, and emotional your stories are. It seems you really understand the complexities of someone's thoughts and feelings and why they do things. And you express these powerful ideas in simple and easy to understand language without losing any of the effect. It fascinates me with how you describe Syl's emotional overload and her fear of feeling things like pain and sadness and hatred. Fear of things changing, of the people in her life losing what makes her love them and becoming strangers to her. She doesn't want to face it, so she doesn't go. she reminds me a lot of Holden Caulfield from Catcher in the Rye. Ever read that book? It's all about this kid who's unwilling to face his problems and the misery in his life because it's too painful, and he keeps running from them and acting like they don't exist. I think that's what Syl is doing, and it's a wonderful concept to explore.
Opaque chapter 1 . 11/12/2001
Very good. I like. Please post the sequel
Graysen chapter 1 . 10/11/2001
This is really good. Can't wait to read the sequel.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/21/2001
Very very good! My weird little mind is hoping this will turn into a K/S fic...
Max chapter 1 . 8/31/2001
Hell yeah it's good enough for a sequel! Bring it on!
Mutant Horse chapter 1 . 8/31/2001
I love this, it's a very nice :)
Val chapter 1 . 8/29/2001
nice...real nice...keep going...please
Jace1 chapter 1 . 8/26/2001

This is really engaging!
Ty2 chapter 1 . 8/22/2001
Yes, please! Sequel! I really liked this. Poor Syl.

alowlypotato chapter 1 . 8/22/2001
Ooooh good, powerful. Almost had me in tears, heh.
LifeFiction chapter 1 . 8/9/2001
thats sad!...i understand where syl is coming from with this resentment that she feels for max, but she cant hate her little sister!...cant wait to see the next part of this...keep writing!
a fan chapter 1 . 8/9/2001
I thought the tapping scene was funny then you inserted the morse code! That was great! Then you moved further and further into the serious material. This is a very intense fic, fully of all the grief that the X5's are sure to be feeling. You're insight into the changes each of them is going through was great. Seeing it all through Syl's eyes gave it a powerful realism. I'd love to see more of this.