Reviews for More then we bargained for
Dugleik chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
I like Ryan happy and free of his incestious relationship
Lackadaisical Pajamas chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Excuse me while I wipe the tears from my eyes that was so amazing sweet! Great great job.
kaylie Sommers chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
i liked the plotline.., but the style was monotonous. it got tiring just reading it after awhile
Liveforthemoments chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Very, very cute
acrowdfavorite chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
:gushes: this was so wonderful! oh my god so cute. i absolutely loved this!
bsloths chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Wow. Good, just so good. It almost makes me want to ship them. I loved it!
soulmatesDC chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
ugh, I hate you and your amazing writing and seeing things in movies ways. I mean, you realize this is amazing right? RIGHT?

wow. I read like 3 stories and now I'm some huge slash freak. Thank Megan for me, for forcing you into writing this.

And I hadn't even noticed the damn clothes swapping this.

I really like how it wasn't very angsty. Your angst kills me and you know it. But it was nice and airy and the fact that Troy didn't have a problem was really good, which you kind of see when he shakes Ryan's hand.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I loved it.

Much love

~Mal
Allstarzs chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
I loved it so much! It was all fluffy and sweet and the ending made me actually say aw. I could imagine this happening... if only Disney felt the same
akari-hayashi chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
That is just so sweet.
TodgeWatherly chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
that really was rather nice...very sweet and well written. kudos.
JanetBanana chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
So, don't think I'm stalking you from one fandom to the next, I just have you on author alert, and when I read the Ryan/Chad description I had to come here and see if "I dont dance" factored into the story at all, because I am officially in love with that song. Mostly with the dance aspect of it. The second part was so like the kind of stuff you'd see in "West Side Story" or "Guys and Dolls", without so much of the modern hip-hop-ness that much of the others have, which made me really happy, but anyway, thats not really what I came here to say.

At any rate, this being your first non-LWD story I've read, you definitely did not disappoint. I liked the italicised sentences, and the back and forth-ness of it all. I enjoyed your Ryan storyline, his without coming right out and admitting it, acknowledging that homosexuality is more "normal" than twincest, yet still realizing that if he was searching for normal, this interracial gay relationship is not what he was looking for. And his realization that he didn't care one way or another.

I enjoyed Chad's continuing to date Ryan after he made up with Troy, which I, like Ryan, honestly feared a breakup, and was very satisfied that you didn't. I like how you almost completely left out Gabriella and Taylor, except for Troy's small reference to not needing to be jealous, and Chad's mention of why exactly, he'd been dating Taylor to begin with.

I was glad to see Sharpay did not come crying to Ryan to reunite, if you will, that she decides to give Zeke another chance, rather than trying to go ahead and break up another strong relationship for a selfish need that would, most likely, end badly for her anyway. We all know Troy's reaction at the end of the movie, when he decides not to sing, and Ryan's subsequent "go ahead and sing with her" that was actually a tiny betrayal when he had something else in mind.

I think he's the only person who can get away with putting Sharpay in her place. Anyone else she can fire, or talk to Darbus about, or whatever. But Ryan is her twin, and mommy's perfect little angel, and she can't touch him. So that was probably why I'd liked that scene so much, which to me, gave a lot of justification to the scene where she gives him the star award thing. Yes, Sharpay is the villain of the movie, and I think, especially among the younger crowd, the audience thought that since Ryan and Sharpay were a team, that he was too. He's not, the whole first movie, and beginning of the second, he'd let her walk all over him, and it was wonderful to see him stand up to her. My favorite part of their storyline is another thing you mention, when she asked him when he became one of "them", and he takes it as a compliment. It shows him as a strong person, but also, takes apart the team and shows he's a good guy too.

Enough of my rambling. Hope your roommate enjoyed it as much as I did.
StillThereForMe chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
Wow, I find it hard to believe this is your first HSM fic. You had every person perfectly in character-especially when explaining Troy's reaction to Chad mentioning Ryan's baseball skills (that was a very odd look he gave Ryan), and I loved the line "I guess I don't have to worry about you and Gabriella"!

I thought the fic flowed perfectly too by the way, and I also really liked the semi-twincest relationship too. They really do seem to have that kind of a relationship, and I really enjoyed how you explained it too, wanting to be "normal".

Amazing job! One of my favorites for sure. I'm glad your friend bugged you to write it!
S.H.Nessa chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
Okay.

So this is completely beautiful and brilliant and I absolutely love it.

This is just perfect.

Amazing.

Fantastic.

Great fic.

-S.
Kismet's Kiss chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
And why the hell, when they decided it would be fun to switch outfits, and their hands touched passing them to each other

AH-HAH! they had changed clothes with each other, hadn't they! haha...

okay.

okay. I just read slash.

lol. oh man.

I really liked it though, especially the beginning of every chapter. expertly done, and I know the twincest factored into your story perfectly, with the relationship starting off only because they were abandoned and lonley, but i'd like to think, somewhere deep down, real deep.

you did it for me.

:huggles:
D.J. Waters chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
*Swons*

This is one of the best Chad/Ryan fics I've read so far. It's terribly cute and I love the style you used. Fantastic.

And the story with how your roommate got you to write this is how my girlfriend and I work. EXACTLY. Except she prefers Lucas to Corbin, but you know. xD Great work!