Reviews for Departure
truthsetfree chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
OK, it may not be canon for Hermione to be an Unspeakable, but it would certainly make sense.

Characterization was excellent, as was dialogue.

Your words were well chosen, and the images they produced were vivid.
verity candor chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
I'm just glad that it wasn't TEARFULANGSTFESTOFDOM as Remus deathfics tend to be... sweet at least, powerful image.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
thanks for the explanation - I was a little confused. but, yeah, I agree with you anout the AUness and your decision to replace the chapeter. cheers!
InkandPaper chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Unusual but good. That sudden, very precise disappearance, one quick step through the veil; somehow it seems a fitting way for him to go. Fits that side of his character. I'm glad that he's going to be happy, too :D

And I loved that Ron became Minister!
Rosebud chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
AU, yes. But still quite poignant. The touch with the briefcase is perfect.
fragilestrength chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
...I seriously need something more articualte to say.

WA/AW/Wow, that was amazing.

My favorite part was, admittedly, that Ron was Minister of Magic, and tha he was 'the best of them all'. I've always had a huge soft spot for the underdogs, and in this case, Neville and Ronniekins.

I like this - I'm rather fond of AU (in my opinion, it tends to be the world of the happiest endings, but not in this case) although oddly, this doesn't depress me nearly as much as your non-sad things.

Go figure. P

Over all, sweet. And now I'm totally excited to read Memento Mori!

-Cayenne
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
VERY touching image of Remus going on with his suitcase, love the Ron as Minister of Magic idea. Not sure if the idea of Remus going through the veil entirely fits his character, but I like it all the same.
Rose-Petal-x chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
You should write AU more often, because this was really good. I feel like I am running out of creative things to say about your writing because it is all so good! Sorry for not adding anything else, but there is nothing to critique!
Padfootatheart chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
I know I already reviewed this...but I had to tell you I loved it again.

So at the risk of sounding repetitive, I absolutely adore the image of him with his old suitcase going home...for, as you said, that is how he thinks of death. To him it's where he belongs, with his friends and family.

Again, this is written very nicely (as is all of your stuff),

Paddy
fancy-a-biscuit chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
I love Coldplay & The Scientist my favourite song ever, so sad. Anyway, this is a truly beautiful fic and like you say I think it conveys the concept of death brilliantly, I love it. :) xx
The-banana-llama chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
That's so emotional! You're a very good writer with an ability to portray many different scenes with different atmosphere. I think this is a brilliant example of top-class writing. 5/5

Shadow-dog-dynamo
c.sheep chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
This is absolutely beautiful. I haven't gotten this teary-eyed over a fic in a long time. Keep up with great work.
Lola-LessThanThree chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
This chapter was as lovely as it was the first time you wrote it. I agree, this story is better as a one shot, since it no longer fits with your other story.
sweets555 chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
cute! i like it!
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
I've read this several times Lexie, but everytime it is beautiful. A great fic, even if it is AU. And I guess I should add this to my C2 now, seeing as Memento Mori is already in there ...

Cuba