Reviews for The Moment It Began
AnnaDruvez chapter 66 . 4/24
I have watched my mother go through cancer. Twice. She died from the last round. I just wanted to say that I think you handled the event with all the sensitivity and compassion I could have hoped for in a writer.

I haven't read the next chapters, but I'm really hoping you give Mrs. Evans a bit of a break - since it seems like she wants to keep her hair. Not everyone loses theirs. My mother, for instance, didn't. Oddly, that was a shame. We had a lot of fun browsing wigs before she went for chemo. They were expensive, of course, but we laughed like crazy at the idea of her going for blonde or black hair. I suggested a clown wig as a joke, which had her giggling for quite a while after.
thankstotheauthors chapter 120 . 4/21
I love that it was Tobias who killed Voldemort. Here Severus was so concerned that he wasn't sure if he was just wasting his time on his father by giving him a second chance, but if he hadn't done that Tobias would never have been ready for the climax of the story. Great how you worked that in...I didn't see it coming.
HikaruWinter chapter 31 . 4/16
Bloody well deserved it, the stupid mutt *sneers* Mothers are SACRED. Mention them at your own peril. Does no one ever learn anything from mafia/gang movies? Seriously. Even the Holmes brother's love their mother. VOLDEMORT loves his mother, for God's sake! There are mommy issues, of course, but those are more a daughter's thing than a son's. Daddy issues are global, however. It's quite interesting, that.
HikaruWinter chapter 2 . 4/16
...Harry really took after Lily. I wonder if Severus ever saw that, even for a momment.
TiaMaria710 chapter 114 . 3/24
Whew, that was quick thinking. I'm glad Reg is safe for now.
Yehoshua chapter 119 . 3/23
I think it is so fitting that the last word Voldemort speaks in life is the very same one that Severus came back to change: "Mudblood".

By the way, Sindie, you posted this chapter on Dec 15, 2008. On Aug 18, 2011, How It Should Have Ended (HISHE) made a Harry Potter parody episode and uploaded it to Youtube. Interestingly enough, HISHE also had Voldemort meet his end by being shot by a Snape, who in their version was Severus instead. After he has done the deed, Severus throws his gun away, saying, "Ah, Muggle weapon."

I wonder if HISHE read your story before they made their video.
TiaMaria710 chapter 105 . 3/23
Am I the only one frustrated with Snapes nasty personality? Enough!
TiaMaria710 chapter 97 . 3/23
It makes total sense for Severus to mistrust Dumbledore though I do hope for better things between them.
TiaMaria710 chapter 80 . 3/22
The honorable thing to do. In time Lily will come to terms with this I think.
Very satisfying chapter. My heart was palpitating. Thanks for the story.
TiaMaria710 chapter 79 . 3/22
Severus is in a very difficult place. Not being well versed in the Harry Potter world, I cringed when you revealed a terrible part of his past. He must tell Lily before they're married or I can't imagine her ever getting over the betrayal of keeping this truth from her. I guess he doesn't have to tell her everything...oh but he just took the oath of truthfulness.
I hope it's not your intention for him to lose her but I can't see how she could stay with him after his secret is out. He'll go mental if he keeps this up.
Dallasanne chapter 77 . 3/19
Your Americanisms show up in many places beyond the misplaced "graduation" ceremony. Previously, you talked about how medical bills were a strain on the Evans family - the US is the ONLY democratic country where families have to worry that a medical diagnosis like Cancer will ruin the family's finances. It costs NOTHING in most civilized countries to be treated for medical issues.

Only an American would assume otherwise.
TiaMaria710 chapter 66 . 3/16
Bless your heart. Thanks for this story and the work you do. You use your gifts to make the world a better place.
I do hope Lily manages break through Petunia's jealousy. She seems to have an extremely hardened heart. Hopefully she can find some purpose in her life and stop focusing on what she doesn't have.
TiaMaria710 chapter 60 . 3/14
Not sure how I feel about Severus's arrogance. I for one don't like his attitude. Can't help but think I'm missing something.
TiaMaria710 chapter 58 . 3/14
This can't be good but I hope they will start to at least be allies. Wishful thinking?
TiaMaria710 chapter 57 . 3/14