Reviews for The Moment It Began
Blair chapter 51 . 10/3
If only you knew lily darling, If only you knew
Potter Abducted by Penguins chapter 66 . 9/30
An excellent chapter. I was diagnosed with 1A breast cancer 5 years ago. I had a single mastectomy, and remember very well having to wear a drain for weeks. Fortunately, the cancer was caught early, and I did not have to have chemotherapy or radiation treatments, although I had been prepared for anything. I'm in my last year of hormone therapy and doing quite well. You did a fantastic job with the telling of Mrs. Evans' cancer. I really am enjoying this story so far. Thank you.
Jack Faire 2 chapter 97 . 9/19
For all that his goals are to the good of wizard kind Dumbledore's methods were always detestable and he wasn't great at details i.e. sending the Slytherins and the Hufflepuffs to their common rooms when both required going towards the troll. He admitted when recruiting Slughorn that he knew Harry was going to an abusive home. He also never used his power as Chief Warlock to do any good in all the years he held it. And not just because we only see things from Harry's POV but because in canon Severus was clearly innocent and a trial would have shown that. Thus it's clear he never had a trial something that specifically would have been in Dumbledore's power to call for. He was an evil man because he felt the ends justified the means. Despite his ends being the freedom and safety of most his means meant the enslavement and torture of the few without their consent.
Jack Faire 2 chapter 27 . 9/18
Yeah but did Dumbledore have to be a monster? It's customary to not show the family the person still in a hanging state.
riverrat1 chapter 121 . 8/11
Wow! This is a wonderful story with a perfect ending. So, father and son in the prophesy weren't Severus and his unborn child. It was Tobias and Severus. I didn't see that one coming. I like that Moldywart found his demise by the use of a good old muggle gun. How ironic...
I was going to leave you a few more reviews during reading, but my computer croaked and I had to continue reading most of it with my cell phone, which is a pain when leaving a review. The last 10 chappies I read over the computer but I was so engrossed in the plot that I didn't want to quit reading.
Definitely one of my faves!
I also noticed that your Dumbledore isn't this unfailing being and also has some faults and is a manipulator. That is something your story and mine haw in common.
Thank you for a great read.
riverrat1 chapter 2 . 8/6
Maybe this Lily is different to the person I thought she was. My impression I had from the books was that she only hung around Severus when she needed him, like before Hogwarts, or during school work once they were there. It always seemed to me that she had "better" things to do once she had friends in Hogwarts and Severus became somewhat of a nuisance. I think when he called her a Mudblood it was the perfect excuse to break the (by then unwanted) friendship off with him.
riverrat1 chapter 1 . 8/6
Oooh, interesting! Severus gets a second chance. Hopefully he finally will find some true love - if it is with Lily or not. Good start...!
Sweater sounds very American. In the UK, if it is a knit garment worn for warmth with buttons down the front, its a cardigan. If it pulls on over your head, its a jumper.
DarkAngel chapter 122 . 7/15
What a story!
I really like Snily but haven't found many stories that suited my taste but I loved this! At first I was a little intimidated since it has 100 chapter but i enjoyed it thoroughly!
I don't blame you for Snape's attitude toward Dumbledore and as you mentioned, since the story is written form Snape's POV it's bound to be biased.

I was sad about Regulus' fate but I knew from the beginning that he would take Snape's place as spy for Dumbledore. I was surprised with Petunia and Sirius...well I didn't see that one coming and I would have thought it quite funny if Severus and Vernon ended up as brothers in law. But I was surprised that you didn't write anything about Petunia's reaction when Oliver was adopted by her parents, I can imagine her being quite jealous about having yet another magical sibling. Btw, Oliver completely disappeared in the last chapters, I expected him to be at least mentioned in the epilogue.

I loved the part when Severus took Lily flying, it reminded me of "Howl's Moving Castle" 3

How you dealt with Voldemort's demise was very...unexpected? But I wasn't disappointed; this is what happens when you underestimate others.
I liked how you mended the relationship between Severus and Tobias, to be honest I always imagined that Snape killed his father as some sort of initiation requirement for Half-Bloods to join the Death Eaters, that would have been a great reason for Tobias' premature death in Severus' previous life.
Oh, And Eileen, it was so sad she had to die and couldn't get to meet her grandson or her changed husband.

This was really great and it's sad that you currently aren't writing fanfics but since you are publishing your original work it's not really surprising that you have lost interest in fanfics.
Hope you are safe in these strange times!
Sofia chapter 96 . 6/21
Of course u are... U wrote the whole book! :)
Sofia chapter 91 . 6/21
i loveeee ur book but why is Severus so rude to Dumbledore?
Sofia chapter 66 . 6/19
I am really sorry for your grandparents:( It must have been really hard for you... My grandad works at a hospital too. I hope you are well,and happy New year everyone!
Sofia chapter 47 . 6/18
Happy holidays:) Sindie11 i really love your book!
AeraSteele chapter 119 . 6/7
OMG I CALLED IT
leilamiranda chapter 35 . 5/21
"...give you a chance." Is Lily implying that since Potter and Black thought Severus is already a DE and is a lost cause then it's justified for them to bully and assault him? That 6 years of mental, emotional, and physical abuse is all fine and dandy because he deserves it then? That as long as he proves himself to be a good person then he won't deserve any harm that they cater to him? I had high hopes that Lily finally has some understanding of Severus' trauma but clearly all Lily wants is to force Severus into making nice with his tormentors. And for what purpose?
6,961 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »