Reviews for The Moment It Began
Alex Aces chapter 117 . 10/20
I've been suspicious of Mary for a couple dozen chapters now. I'm wondering when she'll be outed..
WHAT!? Dumbledore brought Severus to his dead mother's body while it was still dangling from the ceiling!?
This story is so different! And so good!
When I saw "Yes, Aberforth?" I thought of Nanalew and Meekakitty lmao
RoseLupin27 chapter 5 . 10/12
Powerful chapter.
Shewanda chapter 5 . 10/4
Oh, how could the question posed to Sev at the end of this chapter NOT choke him up a little bit? #Angst
I honestly really like that he was killed by a gun, irony at its best.
Hugme chapter 121 . 9/27
It was a great story! I really loved it ! At the end I was supposing that their son would be born at July 31 and he would be named Harry! But I really liked it this way I think it's better! Good job!:-)
hydrangea wine chapter 19 . 9/26
While the story has been good so far, I highly doubt that someone who is could be considered the right hand man of both Dumbledoor and the Dark Lord himself would have lost to these students. I would expect that he would be alteast as skilled as Bellatrix, and while she was able to fight and almost over whelm 3 seventh year students in the Deathly Hollows at once, here Severus was defeated.

I would have liked to see him throw a large fire dragon at them like he did to Mcgonagall in the DH novel. It would have been quite amusing.

Well, it seems he is a little depressed so I would not put it past him to be "out of sorts". However, only coming just out of a war, he would have more likely reacted instinctively quickly dealt with to-be Death Eaters.

Anyways, thanks for entertaining me with your story. I will continue reading it as I am currently only on chapter 19.
Saissa chapter 31 . 9/11
Serverus used the sectusempra slashing curse on Sirius? He's gonna be in BIG trouble!
Saissa chapter 27 . 9/11
Something tells me that Dumbles had a hand in Eileen killing herself. A few words here and there - Dumbles says a lot of things but nothing serious and often they are either lies or half truths at the very least.

I think Dumbles needed this to happen to "force" Severus to take a side - either be driven to the dark arts - and therefore the death eaters - or to stay with Lily.

Dumbles is determined to control Severus as he does the Marauders!
This story has been complete for years, but I truly hope you still check your comments. This is the best fanfic I have ever read; I finished the whole thing in about 3 days. I was drawn in by my huge love for Severus and Lily and my desire to see them have a happy ending. You accomplished that beautifully, to the point that I think "your" versions of them will always be the versions I see in my head when I read about them. Well done! I'm sure I will be back to re-read.
Tempest Kiro chapter 125 . 8/20
First of all let me just say how much I have enjoyed this fic. This has been so far the best "Snape relives his life" story I have read thus far (And I have been searching for a good month or so).
The character development is the best part of your story. Your Snape transition from that embittered and mean spirited husk of a man to a kinder and happier person is highly believable. His eventual friendship with the Marauders felt surprisingly natural despite how shockingly unlikely that seemed. His relationship with Lily, while initiated quickly, developed well with the teenager-love feel (Or as the case might be 38-year-old-trapped-as-a-teenager-love feel).
My biggest gripe with the story is with the pacing. Whilst most of the story was paced well some parts does jar the feel of the story. One such example is the climax where the pacing never gave the tension that was needed in the scene. Most of the scenes with fluff and romance I found to be paced well and be excellent over all. The pacing problem mostly appear in action scenes and plot development scenes.
I must say however, grammatically and structurally this fic is quite solid. There are some problems with repetition of names through conjoining sentences but that can easily be overlooked.
I question the necessity of the addition of the character Oliver. He never really meshed into the story at large and served no discernible plot purpose. The fact that he kind of looked like Lily and Kind of looked like Severus which in itself is too much coincidence to be believable and if his purpose was to make Lily want a child and Severus feel guilty then I felt there could have been a more elegant way of doing it.
The opposite of that however is with the Weasleys. I feel like they could have played a bigger part than they did, especially fitting with the theme of "developing a family" that permeated the second half of the fic, but that again is just a small gripe.
This part isn't a criticism, more of an observation. I just wanted to say I get the serious over all feel of "god" playing a big role in the story. I suppose I can understand if Lily and Sev have a bit of Christianity to them as this was England in the 70s and they were muggle born and muggle raised respectively. More than that it appears as if the story suggests god was the reason for this second chance and much of the miracles rather than some obscure form of magic(especially with the whole windows flapping open in response to the Severus-reveal-angst scene). There was an element of spirituality in the real HP series but it has always had a magical backbone and there was a distinct lack of "the benevolent watcher" element that this story seems to have. Like I said this isn't a gripe, more of a "it has been noticed" sort of statement.
I will like to also state that I appreciate the ultimate fate of Voldemort, especially fitting with the theme of "second chances" and I agree it is a highly ironic death.
All in all this fic has been quite the read. I thank you for putting it out there.
lorena.martincorrea chapter 1 . 8/19
A interesting beginning of story . I wait that this time Severus be happy .
prairie chapter 119 . 8/11