Reviews for The Moment It Began
Guest chapter 48 . 6h
Assuming Sirius has learned his lesson (*coughs* not likely! *coughs*) Severus may turn out to do a pretty good job as Head Boy. I do wonder at other DE's in the school though...
Guest chapter 40 . 7h
So, I know I've been less than gentle in my criticisms, and perhaps you have wondered why I'd bother reading (if you care) so I thought I'd point out one of the reasons I'm still, darkening your review box:
"
If he was being given another chance at life, then the least he could do was bestow the same compassion upon others. What would the purpose be of keeping everything to himself?

Severus's mind gaped at these thoughts. Was his cynical mind truly formulating them? Foreign visitors though they might have been at first, those thoughts were now inhabitants in his mental territory. They had settled and made a home for themselves.
"
I Freaking Love this imagery, the implications of a long history of carefully organizing and protecting his mind side by side with the shock he feels at 'foreign thoughts' having made their home in his mind. Writing like this is what keeps me clicking Next.
Guest chapter 39 . 7h
OK, this is how bad it has been (in my mind, at the least) for Severus:
As I near the end of the chapter, the last sentence I could read (before paging down) was:
"
A small smile tugged at Tobias's mouth as he stepped out the door. Just before closing the unwarded door, Severus heard two words stated so plainly:
"
So, I can't see what's next... but my mind conjures:
AVADA KEDAVRA!
Yeah, I figured Tobias was going to end up dead on Sev's doorstep because he cancelled the security.
Maybe that's just me, but that's what I meant by how long the angsty crap had been the normal day-to-day for young Mr. Snape.
Perhaps that's changed? It is a Romance/Drama, not a Dramatic Angst rating... I'll settle for Drama/Romance at this point. Consider me carefully hopeful.
Guest chapter 35 . 8h
annnnnd getting bored.
Ron's teaspoon is the Pacific ocean compared to this idiot's depth with the way he keeps ignoring the obvious and forcibly turning aside blatant words like LOVE and US.
Sorry, but a drowning man grasps at anything in reach... yes, sometimes that flailing can knock away help, but Every Time?
He either IS suicidal - emotionally - or he's not... Shoving aside the one person who treats him with kindness is going to happen - at first. When it happens every time, time and time again it really makes zero sense except to draw out the angst for the sake of angst.
*yawns*
Guest chapter 31 . 10h
You're bloody relentless is what you are!
It's good, but... damn woman, you're making it all but impossible for Severus to be redeemed from his original fallen path :(
M
I honestly do not like it when authors undermine their own stories - as you have in your A/N. You've built an incredible tension in this chapter. It creates a desperate longing in your readers to know what comes next.
Then you prance in and pull back the drapes and shine your happy little sunshine in... Why!?
Why go through all the effort to build such a wonderful scene only to blithely throw it all away with a few patronizing assurances? Do you not think your readers mature enough to handle the wait for the next page to load?
I write this to you as someone who is published, and wants to publish more: Let the darkness build, let the trouble hurt, let the suffering linger.
After all, what good is redemption if you were never in any danger of falling?
M
I have to say I'm disappointed with "the Kiss", especially after that long run of dramatic, rather intense episodes in their lives. I'd hoped that there would be a bit more intensity to their first display of romantic love. :/

That said, this is a very well crafted tale thus far. Sev doesn't simply 'get better' or 'learn from his mistakes'. If anything, he has 20 years of terrible life to overcome and I think you've done a great job showing how hard it is to turn back from darkness.
You're also making great strides to show that Sev has a good heart - giving us tangible reason for Lily to see something in Severus that isn't based on the past where he introduced her to the magical world and helped her realize she wasn't crazy ;)
LittleBittyPretty1 chapter 125 . 1/16
Thank you for posting this story! It was a very good read and definitely worth my time!
Serpentine chapter 14 . 12/29/2016
Love the book but am I the only one who doesn't like lily anymore for her holier than thou attitude? I don't mean to be rude I really do love this book but lily gets offended at the smallest things and expects Severus to just lay out his heart and soul with every command.
lonelyguyfarhan chapter 3 . 12/25/2016
Oh god! This is too good to be real. But what I fear is that things are going to get worse from here on out...
lonelyguyfarhan chapter 1 . 12/25/2016
Omg! There was 6,666 reviews before this!
Medusa16 chapter 10 . 12/18/2016
This 'thing' with his mother is taking so long... I hope this story will be more about Severus..
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 121 . 12/13/2016
Obviously written by a disciple of Alethea27.
MissfanFic0405 chapter 30 . 12/13/2016
*luck
My word.
MissfanFic0405 chapter 23 . 12/12/2016
There were mistakes in my previous review...sorry?
I told myself that I was going to stop at chapter 8. 14 chapters later, I still don't intend to stop reading yet. Good juck getting me outside, mom.
6,676 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »