Reviews for The Moment It Began
Guest in Europe chapter 77 . 6/28
Apologies for raising the school graduation thing - I noticed it in your previous chapter but submitted my comment from this one, obviously, before I had read your suthor's note!
Guest in Europe chapter 77 . 6/28
I'm absolutely LOVING this story, especially the steady, believable character development. It's also fantastic to read something that is basically well-written. I know one shouldn't expect perfection in fan-written tales, but sometimes the standard of literacy is beyond low. So, a double pleasure.
A couple of Brit-nitpicks: the Evans wouldn't face medical bills - our health system is free at source. I know many Americans consider that second only to communism, but it works for us and means the dear Evans family can just focus on the health issue; next, it's not possible to get married in your backyard (aka garden) in Britain, even now, let alone at the time your story is set - church or registry office would be the options for Lily & Severus; lastly, we don't graduate from secondary education, we just leave. Nowadays, some schools have adopted the idea of a prom at the end of the final year, but there is no parading across the stage, valedictorian speech or throwing of caps in the air- that is reserved for university, where one graduates after being an under-graduate (clue is in the name) for three or more years.
All that being said, I love your story and thanks, On to the next chapters.
misuky7 chapter 124 . 6/25
I cannot wait to read the sequel. This story was a masterpiece, truly. I was enamoured while reading this. Severus and Lily are perfect together in this, it was unlike anything I've read with them. :3
Sarah chapter 121 . 6/22
This is the longest FanFiction I've ever read but it was TOTALLY worth it. I loved this story so much, and normally I don't like AU fics but this one was different. It felt so canon in a way, and everything fit so nicely. It's a very believable story. Time travel is really hard to get right, but you did it REALLY well in this story. I mean you thought of every little thing, I kept waiting to read something that didn't make sense but it came together perfectly. I LOVE that Tobias snape killed voldemort with a gun that was pure genius and I totally didn't see it coming. I also really liked that petunia and Sirius got together, I've never thought of them together before but I like it. And I loved that everyone ended up being friends and got a somewhat happy ending. Probably the best Harry Potter fic I've ever read so good job you should be very proud of yourself!
Good Idea chapter 119 . 5/12
I found Voldemort's death quite fitting! And your right; it was unexpected!
Good Idea chapter 116 . 5/12
How could you kill Regulus like that! He is one of the best characters in the series!
lemon-rind chapter 124 . 5/8
Brilliant. Thank you. Good job!
Nikki Pond chapter 121 . 4/29
That was unexpected. I didn't expect Tobias to be the one to defeat Voldemort by using a gun. I'm glad u add Draco here. He's my fav. character ;)
AnnaDruvez chapter 66 . 4/24
I have watched my mother go through cancer. Twice. She died from the last round. I just wanted to say that I think you handled the event with all the sensitivity and compassion I could have hoped for in a writer.

I haven't read the next chapters, but I'm really hoping you give Mrs. Evans a bit of a break - since it seems like she wants to keep her hair. Not everyone loses theirs. My mother, for instance, didn't. Oddly, that was a shame. We had a lot of fun browsing wigs before she went for chemo. They were expensive, of course, but we laughed like crazy at the idea of her going for blonde or black hair. I suggested a clown wig as a joke, which had her giggling for quite a while after.
thankstotheauthors chapter 120 . 4/21
I love that it was Tobias who killed Voldemort. Here Severus was so concerned that he wasn't sure if he was just wasting his time on his father by giving him a second chance, but if he hadn't done that Tobias would never have been ready for the climax of the story. Great how you worked that in...I didn't see it coming.
HikaruWinter chapter 31 . 4/16
Bloody well deserved it, the stupid mutt *sneers* Mothers are SACRED. Mention them at your own peril. Does no one ever learn anything from mafia/gang movies? Seriously. Even the Holmes brother's love their mother. VOLDEMORT loves his mother, for God's sake! There are mommy issues, of course, but those are more a daughter's thing than a son's. Daddy issues are global, however. It's quite interesting, that.
HikaruWinter chapter 2 . 4/16
...Harry really took after Lily. I wonder if Severus ever saw that, even for a momment.
TiaMaria710 chapter 114 . 3/24
Whew, that was quick thinking. I'm glad Reg is safe for now.
Yehoshua chapter 119 . 3/23
I think it is so fitting that the last word Voldemort speaks in life is the very same one that Severus came back to change: "Mudblood".

By the way, Sindie, you posted this chapter on Dec 15, 2008. On Aug 18, 2011, How It Should Have Ended (HISHE) made a Harry Potter parody episode and uploaded it to Youtube. Interestingly enough, HISHE also had Voldemort meet his end by being shot by a Snape, who in their version was Severus instead. After he has done the deed, Severus throws his gun away, saying, "Ah, Muggle weapon."

I wonder if HISHE read your story before they made their video.
TiaMaria710 chapter 105 . 3/23
Am I the only one frustrated with Snapes nasty personality? Enough!
6,519 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »