Reviews for The Moment It Began
The Fluffy Ball chapter 28 . 10/15/2007
I know what you mean about bad care 30 years ago. My mother volunteered in one during her college years (1966-70) and she said she was appalled by the conditions of the mental institutions. There was actually legislation in the 70's (in the US) that closed many of them down all because of how poorly run they were.

Nevermind the fact that I've read that US healthcare, because of the fact that you do pay (way too much, I might add; I've nearly lost my health insurance so many times, I'm tempted to move to Canada), they tend to keep you longer. That is, if you're paying in cash, or if you have really good insurance. Since the UK has the national health care, I would imagine that they'd want to save money by getting her out as soon as possible.

I didn't think of how cruel that was of Dumbledore. I honestly thought he didn't know. I mean, he always seemed so out of it, and I have many family members who are like that, so I completely understood where he was coming from.

I know how Severus feels. I hate going into personal stuff again, but I lost my father when I was 17. It wasn't a suicide, but it was directly related to his alcoholism, and by the time he was sick, he had no more will to live. Even though Severus isn't actually 17, I had my mother, so it sort of evened itself out in that sense. Creepy, the deaths happened around the same time of year, too.

Speaking of that, I also know how Severus feels about having an alcoholic father. It can suck. I hate putting it that way, but in the end you know that they don't mean to be like that, and that just plain sucks.

Another great update. Two in one day, I'm impressed.
ColdPersianFusion chapter 28 . 10/15/2007
The last chapter didn't affect until I read this one epescially the last part about Severus explaining to his father that they're damned men to celebrate about.

I just wish in the future that Severus would lighten up with his father and I always wonder how did tobias died, hopefully in a life changing course instead of alochol overdose maybe something else. Just wondering.

I love how you made this one way hatred relationship between Severus and Dumbledore.

Just a melachonly but happy reader

coldpersianfusion

just sad to the bones
CoyoteWolf chapter 28 . 10/15/2007
Wow. Good ending for the chapter.
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 28 . 10/15/2007
;-; Aw, poor Severus. But I wish he'd believe about Remus, at least.
uptowngirl48 chapter 28 . 10/15/2007
wow, that was really wonderful!
Lilith Kayden chapter 28 . 10/15/2007
Certainly not the chapter I would have expected, but well written plot wise-particularly the Father and Son scene.

-Lilith Kayden
Luthien and Tari Oronar chapter 28 . 10/15/2007
OH! well that sort of sucks! He loses his mother but dad makes an attempt to come back. And the timing of the whole thing is a little weird-sort of as if she saw him and that drove her bck into relapse!
blue artemis chapter 28 . 10/15/2007
Oh, crap. Tobias scared her enough to make her want to off herself? I understand Severus' statement that they are damned. But I really hope he has more of a chance this time. Really. And at least Lily is trying to understand him. I think Dumbledore should be whipped for that.
blue artemis chapter 27 . 10/15/2007
Oh, how devestating. That poor boy. Even if he thought it might come. And I don't know how good Dumbledore is at giving people bad news.
Chemical Ghost chapter 28 . 10/15/2007
You're spoiling us today.

This has to be a favorite chapter - all that wonderful angst!

I'm so glad that Sev doesn't have to grieve alone. And that he and Tobias talked. That last paragraph...What a strong way to end it.

I still hope that they reconcile...
My-Lover-Gren-Gren chapter 28 . 10/15/2007
AW no no Sevs not only his stupid father! aww poor severus, no one should have to go through this... anyways awsome chapter please update soon!
bahjcb chapter 28 . 10/15/2007
Oh my, I really don't know what to say. I'm glad Tobias sobered up, but I'm not really sure what to feel about him beyond that. I am worried about Severus though, that's a bad place to be that beyond caring and believing he's damned. I'm glad Madam Pomfrey came and I have to wonder why this time was different for her. Anyway, this was another well written chapter.
wingnutdawn chapter 28 . 10/15/2007
Excellent have handled writing a difficult subject very well.
iim asia chapter 28 . 10/15/2007
good chapter. good, but sad.
My-Lover-Gren-Gren chapter 27 . 10/15/2007
OMG aw poor Sev! He needs a hug! aw thats so horrible, why would she do that? She was doing so good :'( you made me cry. Awsome chapter as always! off to read the next bye (waves)
6,737 | « Prev Page 1 .. 391 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 411 .. Last Next »