Reviews for The Moment It Began
Katia Dashwood chapter 20 . 9/17/2007
"You're a brave boy, Severus." Of course he is. I love Madam Pomfrey; she's tough, but I've always felt that she cares deeply for the people she tends when they truly need her help. Excellent chapter.
TheseAreSuperOld chapter 20 . 9/17/2007
aww, what a sweet way to end the chapter!
Blouta chapter 19 . 9/17/2007
Once again, an excelent chapter!

Vivi
TemporaMores chapter 19 . 9/17/2007
Oh wow, thanks for this new chapter! It's interesting to see that the others take advantage of his one moment of failing concentration. I presume he has to get used to the fact that while he knows far more spells, his magic and his body is still that of a far younger man. I'm so curious to hear what Albus will say! :)
jbfritz chapter 19 . 9/17/2007
WishIWasAWitch chapter 19 . 9/17/2007
yes! snape had his arse kicked take that! haha

great chapter...i think its the best one! lol

brilliatly written aswell update!
duj chapter 19 . 9/17/2007
I do think readolescence is making him a bit dim.
Chemical Ghost chapter 19 . 9/17/2007
Sev, why couldn't you just make it quick and clean?

No matter, I like it this way.

I'm glad Aberforth made an appearance.

Dumbledore's reaction, and the way he and Severus will interact, should be very interesting. And then there is the matter of Slytherin house. Hmm...

Update soon, because that's quite the cliffhanger.
Fallen Angel111586 chapter 19 . 9/17/2007
Good chapter. The future DE's should get use to a Dumbledore foiling thier plans. Wonder what'll go on between Sev and Albus. I've been waiting for those 2 to have more interaction. Can't wait to see where you go with this.
Maglor's finch chapter 13 . 9/17/2007
A couple of chapters ago, I discovered this story, and it's good! You have a very good grip of Snape's entirely non-fluffy character, and I'm certainly going to follow this to see where you're taking the story.

But, and I hope you don't mind if I'm saying this, I do agree with the reviewer who said the other characters aren't as well fleshed-out as Snape (though Eileen is very believable). For most of them, this is not a problem, but it is where Lily is concerned. If she is to be Snape's one and true love, she needs to acquire more character than she does. And above all, more pluck. In this chapter, I can see why you need her to run (to warn Aberforth), but unfortunately, this strikes me as out of character for Gryffindor Lily, who stood up to Voldemort himself. She would have fought alongside her boyfriend, no matter what he said. So I'm afraid this doesn't quite work for me, as much as I like the rest.
Strega Triss chapter 19 . 9/17/2007
Oh, Severus approached that with a tad too much confidence. I really like the appearance of Aberforth Dumbledore ... I wonder if Severus will ever reveal the truth of Severus' "second chance at life" to Albus ...
wingnutdawn chapter 19 . 9/17/2007
Excellent Chapter.

Now I wonder what Albus will think of these 'surprising' developments. Will he see Severus for who he is now and not what he had perceived him to be? He is already suspicious since Severus has proved he knows occlumency. Can Severus come to believe that Albus can be his friend in this life? Can Albus come to realize Severus needs reassurance and trust from him that he is on the right track even if Severus doesnt think he deserves it?

Aberforth probably recognized Rosier, Avery, Wilkes and Mulciber as he came up to the scene and may have more respect for Severus as he saved Lily.

Mulciber probably will be removed from Hogwarts as the Crucio is an unforgiveable. Ohoh Trouble in Slytherin house. Will it split into two groups, one supporting Severus and the other continuing down the path they had before.
bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee chapter 16 . 9/16/2007
Wowy. I really adore this fic - I've put you on my author alert list.

You asked for thoughts about how this will result and I was actually thinking about that.

If Snape is good, then he doesn't tell Voldemort about the prophecy. The prophecy might not even exist in the possible absence of Harry Potter. (Or it might just bounce back to Neville who might turn out to be a more sustainable Boy Who Lived if he was raised by his parents rather than his hopelessly dominating grandmother. Anyway).

But if Snape doesn't tell Voldemort about the prophecy, Voldemort doesn't ALMOST die, there isn't a Boy Who Lived and the wizarding world DOESN'T develop a hero complex and one person DOESN'T feel fated to defeat Voldemort - Slughorn may never have given that memory up to anyone else. Voldemort would have gotten the philosophers stone without Harry's desire to intervene because of the death of his parents. Voldemort would have picked a time and a place to plant his diary in the school, and it might not have been Ginny that got it and even if it had, Ron wouldn't have been able to go and rescue her on his own, even if he did have the help of hypothetical Neville-Who-Lived and then what?

And without someone who would quite happily risk life, limb, happiness and their entire future to defeat Voldemort, could he have been beaten?

Without a hero to rally around (it's always Potter-watch, the messages on the sign at Godric's Hollow are to Harry, the entire school stopped and fought because Harry, this person they all knew and all trusted because of everything they did said they needed to NOW) they wouldn't have.

So poor Snape has just doomed the entirety of England and eventually the world by NOT calling Lily a Mudblood.
Lady Jaye1 chapter 19 . 9/16/2007
Nice chapter, I was hoping that Aberforth would step in. I wonder if he'll become a sort of 'Hagrid' for Lily and Severus. Or maybe not, it's your story and you've entertained us so far.

I'm curious as to what Dumbledore's reaction will be, especially since Severus will have to return to the same dormitory as his attackers. I hope he realizes that Slytherin may not be safe for Snape, but I'm not sure what he'll do about it (if anything at all.)
KyuubiPandoraChan chapter 19 . 9/16/2007
Oh this is getting interesting. Albus is coming. I wonder what he will do to those students for doing the unforgivable. Snape must be humiliated because back then he can fight of 4 teachers and one of them was a duel champion, Professor Flitwick.
6,491 | « Prev Page 1 .. 391 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 411 .. Last Next »