Reviews for Once More with Feeling
ZayneLvLz chapter 15 . 3/7
Im beggin ya. Please come back. Seriously good story. 4th time I've read through it now. Whatever reasons that have kept you a way, i hope all is well and i thank you for the hard work.
FractiousDay chapter 17 . 1/31
Odd story. Nothing seems to happen and there's too much discussion of clothes.
L2X chapter 17 . 1/21
I need to to put this out there. I read this story to completion a couple of times and each read through I just help but appreciate your writing style and characterization.

Every time a character comes up, it feels real and enjoyable. Really enjoy that Shinji didn't completely get over his longstanding issues, but still haunted by his past which shows real character growth This can also be said to all the other major characters.
Character relationships is also well done. Not just Shinji's relationship with Asuka, Misato, and Rei. But also the father/son dynamic with Kaji is fantastic as they work together to overcome love and end-of-the-world problems.

Even the battles are fantastic to read as they are short, but how Shinji overcome them is really enjoyable to read.

If you ever do come back to this story, great. If not, I do hope you do read this as I just want to comment how great of a story you've crafted.
anon chapter 16 . 1/13
The mindset of the cuck is alien to me.
Praise Jesus.
anon chapter 15 . 1/13
ashkenazi jew
general hooknosed yid all around
rly m8
Oliver W.K. Twist chapter 17 . 1/10
Grsat story, read it from start to here over the course of yesterday and today. Question for you... how is the last quarter of chapter 18 coming? You apparently said three or four years ago it was three quarters done, so, how's it goin'?
EMIYA KURO chapter 6 . 1/8
It'sAnyone up for squidnotAnyone for squid").
moskaudancer chapter 17 . 12/4/2017
I've seen fics get updates after going dark for six years, so, while I'm definitely worried, I'm also not giving up hope for this one. Fingers crossed, I hope you read this Crazy-88, because what you've got here so far is damned impressive.

I'm on my third re-read of this in less than a month, and it's still great. This story does the whole "re-do" thing better than any other I've seen - it's obvious that you put a lot of thought into the characters and their motivations, and when someone acts differently than they did in canon, it's a difference brought about by their different experiences in this timeline, and, because you give us so much of their thought processes, never feels out of place with their character's actions or attitudes in canon.

My two favorite examples of this (by no means the only ones) that I think a lot of Eva FF writers could learn from:

I really appreciate that Shinji isn't just completely over his issues - even after his "congratulations" in canon, and realizing that he's been given an opportunity no one else has ever had, he still struggles with his depression and guilt, and needs to be talked down by Kaji on a couple of occasions (another plus for this story - Kaji-as-surrogate-father is something I wouldn't have thought I'd like this much). That's exactly how lifelong depression works - you don't just "get over" clinical depression because your circumstances have improved, and it only further draws me into the story when an author is obviously aware of it.

On a similar note, It was a bit of a relief when, after the Gaghiel battle, Shinji makes a conscious choice to let Asuka keep her emotional distance from him - Shinji realizes that she's not just going to get over her trauma in an afternoon because he knows her well enough, just as the author does, to know that someone who's kept almost everyone in her life at arm's length for the last ten years isn't emotionally ready to talk about the original trauma of losing her mother to someone she just met.

A lot of Eva FFs make the mistake of having the characters be way more emotionally open/healthy than they should be, without having a sufficiently compelling reason - in this story, it makes sense that Shinji would act so differently, since he's has already had his "congratulations" epiphany, and that's right out of canon. Everyone he meets is affected by that as well, but to a lesser degree, even if they don't know it yet. It's just really emotionally satisfying in a way few FFs are, and specifically it's a really great followup to the somewhat bleak ending of EoE.

TL;DR: This story is really damn good and I really, really hope there's more of it someday.
Strikeman chapter 17 . 12/2/2017
So, this is a deadfic, right?
RobertVeggies chapter 17 . 11/25/2017
ANy likelihood of you continuing OMWF? It's still one of my favorite fics of any franchise, of all time.
anon chapter 9 . 11/16/2017
The absolute madman.
Mike chapter 17 . 9/28/2017
I really enjoyed this Fic. The characters didn't go too far out of character in my opinion and if they did they had a reason too, ex. Shinji. Some "filler" or character descriptions felt unnecessarily long, but I don't think that was major issue. All in all, you probably will not read this because it seems you have not been active in a while and it is unfortunate this Fic will probably not be finished, but it was really good, enjoyable, and I think, one of the better 'go back, redo, second chance' stories for Evangelion.

If you ever get a chance to continue, please do!
Guest chapter 17 . 9/25/2017
I enjoyed this story quite a lot. I hope it will be continued at some point.
Heika chapter 3 . 9/25/2017
Considering Second Impact was Adam blowing up, pretty sure the Angels could make a good substitute with Lilith, along with them likely having an instinctual dislike of her.
Guest chapter 17 . 8/21/2017
I have a couple questions.

1. Are you planning on having this proofread anytime soon?

2. When is this going to update?