Reviews for Once More with Feeling
Valikdu chapter 5 . 4/3
"as if daring anyone to say anything"

Needs Evabridged Shigeru here. :D
M.J.P. Smith chapter 17 . 3/6
Such is life, I suppose, that an enjoyable piece of fiction must end. All things do, but the best things especially. I enjoyed this work, wish there existed more, and look forward to rereading it.
guts chapter 17 . 2/19
Please keep writing this awesome fanfic, you have made me addicted to it. Thank you for creating this masterpiece
Fanatic-Fanatica chapter 6 . 2/8
I am so upset that this fic is dead. I really loved reading it, but after a year, appraoching two, there was no further updates.. It had such potential, was utterly fantastic to read and it died. A great shame.
donald7777 chapter 17 . 2/5
This has been an amazing story,
The growth of Rei
Asuka's emerging friendship with Shinji
Misato's motherly concern.

I am looking forward to the next chapter.
Guest chapter 17 . 12/20/2014
I can honestly tell that your story is one of the best Peggy Sue Evangelion fics that I have read, one of my favorite Evangelion fics and one of my favorite fics, period. And I have been reading fanfiction since the beginning of the millennium! (Do you remember the long-deceased SDAT EVangelion archive? I do). It is in my Top 5 time-travel Eva fics, together with Higher Learning by Strike-Fiss, Re-Take, The Second Try by Jimmy Wolk and Unbroken by Donderkind.

Some people thinks that all Peggy Sue Eva fics are the same: Shinji returns, somehow turned into a badass that defies Gendo and starts to fix everyone's troubles. Your story proves that tropes are not bad and that concept can be well done and an engaging story can be built upon it.

Your storytelling, grammar, spelling... are excellent. I love how you get in the head of the characters and analyze their feelings and emotions. I also love your portrayal of Shinji, Asuka and their relationship. Proper characterization is very important to me, and your Asuka is simply perfect. You are depicting the character right like she is in the show (stripped of the fanon ugly distortions created and spread by bashers and haters), with all her good and bad traits, and showing why she is great.

My only gripe is your portrayal of Gendo and Yui. In your fic he is an irredeemable bastard that never cared for Shinji, and she is a saint that wanted to save the humanity. In canon Gendo DID care for Shinji but was afraid of him, and Yui was on board with the Seele plans since the beginning (I ask why she wished that Shinji was present to watch the test where she dissolved. Hmm...). Honestly I think that post-Third Impact Shinji would simultaneously resent and pity both.

Anyway I am afraid because your fic has not been updated in one year and half. However it went through a way longer hiatus previously. I pray for you manage find the strength, will, inspiration and free time to finish your fic and sooner or later we will see a new chapter.

Please, do not give up on this story. It is marvelous.
FelipeFritschF chapter 17 . 11/28/2014
Epic. Oh geez, just epic. Without a doubt, the best Eva Peggy Sue fic. Characterization is flawless, and Shinji makes realistic and good usage of his knowledge, particularly in dealing with Asuka, whose scenes and development is simply priceless. Goddamn, I'll be dammned if SHE doesn't propose to him in two or three chapters :P.

This story manages to retell NGE in an comprehensive, enganging way, with well-written... well, everything. In recent chapters Shinji's action have begun to have deeper effects now that he's seaked out Kaji and his interview/interragation with Seele has created suspicions around The Old Men, creating some very interessting prospects for the future.

I do have to say however, that I think the author spends waaaaaaay too much time with some waffy chapters, the shopping trip and the quadbike race being prime examples - these are roughly 50k words alone, was that really necessary? I have nothing against waff, much to the contrary, in fact, however I do get frustated when the plot takes too long to keep going.

Nonetheless, I EAGERLY await for the next update. Goddamnit author, forget about your life already and write. :3
Shinsuka fan chapter 17 . 11/26/2014
Now I'm not the first one to say it, and I certainly won't be the last to say it, aaand it probably won't make a difference but I just gotta say it. That story is just too good to be true and too great to be left unfinished, the characters are really well written, the side stories are really cool, and while the relationships are still building, they are allready very complex and captivating. And the whole wibbly wobbly timey wimey is just fantastic. There isn't anything else to say, I really hope it will get updated at some point in the near or not too distant future.
Toaneo07 Ver2.0 chapter 17 . 11/17/2014
mmmmm nice fic, when you have the next chapter?
TempestTroper chapter 17 . 11/4/2014
Honestly, it's unlikely this review will change anything, and this will still be a dormant fic. But those words-'dormant fic'-are infinitely better than the words 'dead fic'. And that's got to count for something.

So. The review.

Out of all of the NGE Time Travel fics I've read, this is probably among the top 3. Considering that I found this off of TvTropes, and there were several hearty recommendations, I thought I'd check it out.

This fic is magnificent. You've done one of the best jobs I've seen planning through the effects of the time skip, and because of this your fic is spectacular.

The fact that you're an awesome writer only compounds this.

I sincerely hope that this sleeping giant will wake up once more.

Troper
Daigo Himura chapter 17 . 10/21/2014
nice story! i wonder if u're going to continue the story coz i like it very much!
Zak chapter 17 . 10/14/2014
For all of those asking about the fic being dead or not. This story has gone on multi-year long hiatuses in the past, so it may come back. Sadly there is no way to know until it either updates or the author says something...
Starfire99 chapter 16 . 10/2/2014
It's been over a year since this fic has been touched. When is it finally going to be updated?
142 with an 8 chapter 17 . 9/30/2014
It is alive?
This is good story.
Is it still going yet?
Please be still alive!
Sal chapter 17 . 9/7/2014
Beloved author, you've managed to provide marvelous character transitions to developmental growth, motivational scenarios that go elegantly through detailing picture-by-picture, and individualistic superb introspective analysis in such a personal way, that I can't hesitate but to utterly praise this fine work of fiction. The direct, content fulfilling uplift in your writing structure and flow oozes of quality like no other. You have maintained and obtained character to each persona along with their own unique lore and views. Diversity and humanity streams in your work like a river of gold; bright, blinding, yet ever so dazzling and even more so a bit petrifing. Every characters' input, struggle, and experience is so well thought out that it strains to the exact acceptable length. Everything in total, on this second chance at a new life of past troubles for our main character, reaches a great sense of satisfaction when welcoming certain new changes. It's gratifying, electric, and realistic as Eva can get that it smoothly even comes to hit close toward home if compared canon wise. I have little to no negative commentary on behalf of any spelling/grammatical itches. However, revising and reviewing for any errors can never hurt. The interpersonal relationships are drawn out well and I cannot wait but anxiously seek for a close update to see what is in hold for us next. The way you handled the fair to equal amount of quantity and quality in your action, drama, and romantic/platonic tones to use can be only worthy of positive appraisal. Though not as deeply dark of speculative fiction as is Eva, your story questions the tropes, dilemmas, and situations that come hand to hand when being driven back in time to a pre-post apocalyptic doomsday arena. The psychological barriers are colorfully shown and tested with here, done with finesse like little to never done before. My only say is that I hope to see an approximate and enriching return from you, as do many others I can obviously see. Many thanks for providing an immersive, highly motivating, and even more intriguing input into the Eva x LAS fandom.