Reviews for Once More with Feeling
AsatorPrime chapter 12 . 1/7/2008
Very cool story, I hope you update soon.
Escalus chapter 12 . 1/5/2008
Ah...nice job with Rei. And I'm so glad Shinji and Rei are more sibling-ish than anything. Seriously, I've been wondring about a freakish Oedipus complexe since I realized several things about the series. Also, Aida and Rei? Yeah, why not. I can't imagine Rei doing anything too...risque (that scene from EOE...that's when I was most grateful I had decided to watch the movie on my computer instead of on our DVD player in the living room) and Aida can use the kind of boost brought about by taking a hot Eva Pilot to a dance. King Geek anyone? Lord of the Nerds perhaps? It'll do wonders for his social life.

Also, yeah; the Angels. What made them such difficult ennemies is the fact that they evolve to meet the situation. Because your story diverges from canon the Angels no longer adapt to the world pre-divergence, so it can be assumed that thye Angels here on out are at slightly different. Or maybe you can jut ignore that. It's your story, we trust you with it You've certainly done a good job so far.
TerryPhi chapter 12 . 1/4/2008
Beautiful.

I just stumbled upon this fic, and I really didn't have high hopes for its quality (turning back the clock? Shinji with a spine? These just scream 'cliche'), but the execution is truly masterful :D

I particularly enjoy the descriptive sections (the one with the conversion of double agents into triple agents, etc.), and you're multiperspective chapter system of Three Colors is working nicely too (though can you post all three at the same time? Wondering what the others were upto was driving me nuts)
maleficus-lupus chapter 4 . 1/2/2008
a minor issu7e, but I think you meant gendo to say “The First has NO need of such resources,” not: “The First has need of such resources”
Rhamiel506 chapter 12 . 1/2/2008
was there a nod to wilco in there. i noticed it im not sure if it was intended though. also, if you're open to suggestion, ive got an idea for a moment that would fit well in your dance scenario. just listen well to the song "could well be in" by the streets. he's a british rapper who's kinda a fave of mine. either way its a good song (sorry i got music on the brain right now)
Kaname Langley chapter 12 . 1/2/2008
I like this, Ayanami perspectiv. Please update n_n
Aranfan chapter 12 . 1/2/2008
Rei channeling Asuka? I'd say that that's a sign of the Apocalypse but all things considered it's more likely to stop the Apocalypse than anything else.

I have a scale of awesome:

1 Lagann is equivalent to Gendo's rescue of Rei from the pulg.

1 Gurren 10 Laganns

1 Gurren-Lagann 10 Gurren's

1 Dai-Gurren 10 Gurren-Lagann's

etc, all the way up to 1 Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

This fic rates in at a whopping 1 Arc-Gurren, 6 Dai-Gurren, 9 Gurren Lagann, 3 Gurren, and 4 Lagann.
Acyl chapter 12 . 1/2/2008
When this story was recommended to me, I really didn't know what to think. My expectations weren't all that high. They weren't. So when I actually read the story, it damn well blew my mind completely out of orbit. I think bits of it are floating somewhere in the vicinity of Pluto. This is AWESOME.

I should explain why I was dubious about the premise. I mean... the notion of a character going back in time to tackle familiar events all over again? That's an old fanfic convention. And the idea of a stronger, more confident Shinji? That's old too.

But old doesn't have to mean bad.

I forgot that. You've reminded me of it.

Cliches can be cool. Just because an idea isn't entirely original...doesn't mean the EXECUTION can't be razor-sharp and brilliant.

This story is great.

And you've seriously thought about things. The whole treatment of Shinji's psyche, his being badly off-balance after the sudden transition into the past...his feelings towards all the other characters...that's brilliantly handled. It's a different Shinji, but one that comes across as a distinct evolution of the canon personality, rather than something entirely alien.

Many fanfic writers pretty much...totally replace Shinji with an original character that just happens to share the same name. But this story, no, it's different. It's good.

Then there's the concepts, like the whole thing with Kaji's employers, the nature of the post-Impact intelligence community, and SEELE's modus operandi. The bit with Misato's cross necklace being brought back and serving as FORENSIC PROOF of Shinji's story, that's just great.

I really like how this is developing. Rei coming out of her shell, that's just marvelously well done. Hell, the characters are so well portrayed that I'm finding myself /worried/ about that cryptic author's note in the last chapter, about things getting darker.

Hell, I know a good story needs dramatic tension. And I know that life can't be all fluffy kittens and flowers for our heroes, else that's no conflict at all.

Still.

Damn.

Just tell me, y'know, that this is a story where our heroes EVENTUALLY prevail against the odds.

Because you've built things up so wonderfully...jeez, I don't want to see things crash down. Or at least, crash down /and not get up/...
Gogolu chapter 12 . 1/2/2008
Nice chapter.
dan chapter 12 . 1/2/2008
Good story but I realy hate the rei/kensuke pairing
Tezza1502 chapter 12 . 1/2/2008
Excellent! You handled the different perspective of what was basically the same day very well. It will be interesting to see how Shinji's day weaves into this. Good work! T
Sdarian chapter 12 . 1/1/2008
That was a great nod to Shinji and Warhammer40k. Even more so, that was a great scene to pick as well. Good job on both the scene and the chapter. Keep up the great work!
rule179 chapter 12 . 1/1/2008
"Instrumentality a treasonous thought whispered across her mind before she fell into her dreamless sleep, be damned."

And it was good... :)
Universalperson chapter 12 . 1/1/2008
Something from last chapter I missed: Shinji dropped a comment to Asuka that may just unintentionally start another chain of dominoes. I suspect that things will soon be moving beyond Shinji's knowledge...which will be pretty fun to watch.

Come to think of it, things have been moving beyond Shinji's control, with Rei lying to the Commander outright.

I wonder what Shinji's conversation with Kaji was? And what exactly will happen at the dance?
bissek chapter 12 . 1/1/2008
If Rei was thinking of Kaji by his title, she would most likely be associating that with his last name, not his first. Inspector Ryoji, not Inspector Kaji.

Did Shinji really get some shopping done, or was somebody in the JDA sent to pick up a few things while Shinji was getting debriefed in order to create the impression that he was shopping?

The rules for describing how the 7th Angel works in that RPG should be interesting, too bad Kensuke wasn't in a position to record any of that fight.

If Kensuke needs cash for his hobby, he should be able to get quite a bit if he sells copies of the two battles he recorded to the media - assuming he can do it before Section 2 learns of the deal in progress. Exclusive battlefield footage without government censorship is valuable - which is why the media would want it, and the government would not want the media to get it. There's also the issue of how he got the footage from the battle with the 4th.

Typo that effects content - "Fortunately, the 5th Angel, a nice, simple Octahedron had been a godsend of simplicity and the 6th Angel, or the ‘D8 of Doom’ as one of the gamers had christened it after its shape, had become the victim of the first full test of their rules system." You refer to the 5th, then the 6th, when it should be the 5th throughout.
640 | « Prev Page 1 .. 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 .. Last Next »